{a camping we went}

/
12 Comments
Last week we headed out camping for one night to introduce Delainey to something we love doing together. We decided to start with 1 night and we went midweek to see how she would do. We didn't want her to cry all night and disrupt the other campers so I truly had visions of packing her into the truck with me in the middle of the night! ha But thankfully she did really well for her first experience sleeping in a tent.
We went to Two Jack Lake where we usually go with Crystal, Troy & family. It was surprisingly very busy for a weekday.
First lunch!
We then shuttled Justin up to Mount Norquay so he could ride down - unfortunately he broke his derailer on the way down so he only did one run - and was really sad. 
So we headed to the lake! This made Cruz VERY happy. It was a VERY hot day.
 
Cruz impressed everyone with her fetching skills and waiting for the go ahead to fetch even after Justin had thrown the stick!
 The water was freezing but Delainey had no problem wading through and even sat down on her own! Takes after her Uncle Jeff and Uncle Troy for that!
Some mountain goats!
Baby trailing behind!
Naked camping!
 Just a little refreshment! 
 Peek Mom!
 Stroller nap.

Champagne while camping is a must. It's a tradition we started the very first time Justin took me camping just the two of us in the middle of the woods and we chilled it in the creek.
Little camper. This only lasted an hour. Then she wanted to join us at the fire. She's a smart girl just not a sleepy one.
Glow sticks and campfire popcorn (this was my first experience with campfire popcorn and it was perfection). I wouldn't want to sleep through this either Delainey!
Tenting it - Cruz was right there too! So Delainey went to bed when we did and she was up at 6 which is a regular day for her so we called it a success.
Morning play time!

Breakfast with our very own clean up crew.
First camping trip family photo!
Little bugger was asleep before we even left the campground!

Related Posts

12 comments:

Courtney Kassner said...

I am so jealous of this camping trip! We are camping lovers too, but where we go doesn't even compare to how beautiful it is where you were! We've taken Crew on a one-night tent camping trip also. Glad it went well for y'all! Hopefully our babies will love camping as much as we do!

Ashley said...

What a beautiful place to camp!! What high hair is that? I was considering getting one that clamped to our table - do you like it? Soo glad she did well!! Love that she went in the water, now if she could teach Noah to appreciate cooler water temps - he hates being IN the lake!! Champagne and camping sound like they go hand in hand!! Looks like the perfect family outting!!

Leigh said...

Looks like a fun trip! You make me almost want to go camping....remember our last camping experience? That was fun and wet! Haha

Kaella Neithercut said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! I haven't been camping in YEARS but would like to take London at some point!

Bex said...

Looks like fun! I should go camping some time.
PS Those American Vintage iced teas are amazing.

Rachel Steck said...

I'm not much of a camper but I would buck up if I had the chance to camp here. How beautiful! The scenery almost looks fake, I've never been anywhere like this. Amazing. Those goats! Wow! I'm glad Delainey did well and I look forward to seeing more photos of future camping trips.
xoxo
Rachel

Leslie said...

What a great weekend. I absolutly love camping and some of my best memories (as a child and adult) are camping trips :)
PS I agree that champage and camping are a must together! Usually I have it at breakfast though with OJ ;)

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Such a pretty location for camping! Gorgeous!

Murdock's mama said...

SO jealous! I love camping, but Adam isn't brave enough to try it with the kids--haha! :) Beautiful views!

Gabriella said...

How fun, and what gorgeous views. I am glad Miss D enjoyed her first camping experience!

Carolyn said...

What a fun trip!! :) the pics of her camping are SO CUTE!

Ashley said...

I can't get over how beautiful Alberta is! So exciting that Delainey loves camping as much as you guys do!! yay!!