{most wonderful}

/
10 Comments
 Alright - weekend recap on a Monday!! Look at me. ;)
I hardly took any photos this weekend at all - ha ha YEAH RIGHT. So bear with me - there are a few! 
Earlier in the week Nana came for a quick visit! We were both very happy to see her.
We also went up the stairs a billion times. She loves it.
Did our hair a little crazy!
Thursday we picked Lily up from school - it was her last day of school and she was excited to be having 2 sleepovers! 
Friday we met Nicole, Audrey and Leo for a walk and then a date at the market. 
The have the best coffee in all the land. :) 
 Afterwards this is what Lily requested and that is what we did for the rest of the day! It was perfect. Such a beautiful day.
 These two are such buddies! Lily threw the ball for Cruz the whole time and they shared the ice cold pool!
 Delainey loved all Lily's fidget toys!
{I bought this bathing suit about 4 years ago. LOVE that I have a little miss to wear it}
Tired girl! Delainey also had a 2.5 hour nap!
 Friday we had a nice BBQ dinner at home for our anniversary as Lily had another sleepover.
Saturday we got ready for the Color me Rad fun run that Jolie and I were doing.
 Before! 
We bought these outfits (with Leigh) for the race last year but it was cancelled due to the floods and none of us could do the make up date last year so we got our entries moved to this year. Unfortunately Leigh was at a wedding this weekend (wearing this outfit too I'm sure) so it was just Jolie and I.
 Getting ready!
 Our spectators!!
 Almost at the top of the UP hill that never ended!
Done!! We were much more colored than it looks! It was super fun. 6 different color stations that they pelt you with color!
Glad I wasn't 27 weeks pregnant like I would have been last year as the course sure was hilly!
 We had a blast!
 Delainey liked the shades!
 No more photos please!
 Loves to practice walking and chasing Cruz with Daddy
 Saturday night Debbie came over so we could go for dinner!
 We went to The Keg (as always)! We had our first date there so we just always go back and always get the same thing!
After dinner the manager came over and offered to buy us dessert for our anniversary! While we were deciding on dessert Justin tricked me into leaving the table to find the washrooms for him - I always have to use the washrooms anyways and when I got back and opened up my dessert menu again there was another band for my ring!
I was shocked! Look at my hand thinking my wedding band magically was taken off my finger - but no - it was my anniversary band that Justin and I had talked about for our 10 year anniversary! Only 5 years early. I've said it many times but I am a lucky lady. I love it so much though and so thankful the man who made it 5 years ago found the file to redo the mold to make it again after all this time. Such a special surprise and night out with my love.
Sunday morning we were up early and headed out to Cochrane for a hike with Cruz at Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park.
 Family selfie!
 Turn around point - we had to get back to those houses on the the hill. Yup ALL up hill back!
 LOVE this photo of our girlie. She was so happy to be out there.
 My girls and I.
 Then we met Crystal, Troy, Emerson and Nixon for ice cream in Cochrane too!
Cousins!
 Silly Emerson!
 
Post bath climbing on Cruz.
 More stair climbing!
And that's a wrap. It was an amazing weekend. Loved every bit of it!

Related Posts

10 comments:

T. L. said...

It looks like you guys had a great weekend!

Bex said...

Sounds like a blast of a weekend! Too bad we couldn't meet up at the race. Love the ring! So beautiful.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That does sound like an awesome weekend. How sweet that he surprised you with an anniversary band! I love the dress you wore to your dinner out! I am all about stripes!

Tawnya Faust said...

Your ring set is gorgeous!! Love it! Also sad we didn't get to see you at Color Me Rad! Sounds like you had an awesome weekend!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

LOVE those pig tails!
The race was so much fun, we should have met up :) We ran at 10am :)
2.5 hour nap! Woohoo! I have had to wake up A lately from naps since she seems to want to nap longer than usual. Maybe it means teeth lol - though I think they will never come at this point.
Love your ring, it is beautiful :)

Murdock's mama said...

Awesome weekend. YAY to J for getting you a wedding band. I had hoped I would get mine this year, but I'm pretty sure with three destination weddings, that won't be happening! :)

Rachel Steck said...

Yay for a great anniversary and weekend! My favorite photo is the family selfie!!
xoxo
Rachel

Gabriella said...

So many great things in this post! I love Lily and Cruz in the pool! The Color Run is so fun. I love when you run through the dye stations and they just pelt you with the stuff. Your ring is so beautiful - nice job Justin!! And again, always a fan of the ice cream dates. :)

Kristin said...

Dying over her in the pink glasses

Kaella Neithercut said...

That band is GORGEOUS! I'm so sad we missed out on hooking up at the Colour Me Rad--next year! That "race" is fun--although the hill was a little much, haha! And, those glasses are adorable-- she's got seriously style ;)