{I got sunshine}

/
16 Comments
First of all - I forgot to announce the winner of the of the Emmie Mae shop credit - Christy! You win! 
Congrats and thank you again Amy - I will get your two in touch with each other.
***
Well another weekend down and into the memory books. Oh how I love weekends full of sunshine! Every morning we went for a nice family walk and it was SO nice to have the sun already bright and warm before 8am!
Rewind back to Thursday - Delainey and I met my friend Mandi and Rory for a swim. Rory is just a couple weeks older than Delainey and they are buds. We went to a pool with nice warm water and they loved it. Delainey took it all in for a bit and then had a blast. These wall seats were super handy and genius!
Pre and post swim!

 My Costco shopping buddy!
 I have been running every second day for our afternoon walk now that we have the running stroller and I am pretty certain Cruz loves it way more than I do!
 Delainey hasn't received the memo that it is really nice to sleep in on the weekends...so we were up early. Cruz didn't mind.
Friday was Justin's day off so we tag teamed a big grocery shopping trip. 
We went for an awesome family run - we did Justin's route that he usually does with Cruz only this time he had to push Delainey! And I got dragged by Cruz! I love that we can do this.
Post run cuddles!
 PS. Just saw this: my most favorite sports bras are on sale - $10!
 Saturday Justin went riding with Brian out at Moose and they had a great day.
Delainey was having a clingy day and was not happy to entertain herself for more than 10 seconds. Awesome. So we cleaned the house together with her in a sling, worked out with a lot of "weighted by Delainey" moves and then just enjoyed the nice day in the backyard and walking Cruz. 
We also facetimed with Mom and Dad and I sat in the sun during one of Delainey's naps! Until this: "Mom I know you are watching me - come get me!"
Saturday night Leigh & Brian came over for dinner. It was awesome to catch up with them and have a low key night just chatting. Leigh made the most delicious dessert ever - S'mores Bars. Recipe. I would be ok if she came over every Saturday night with these.
Delainey won for the best hair at the dinner table.
Sunday morning Delainey was up much earlier than I would have liked but my view looked like this which I kinda love.
Once Justin was up - which wasn't long after I was as Delainey likes to be very vocal in the mornings - we hit the ravine for our morning walk. It is so pretty down there in the morning and 99% of the time we have it all to ourselves. Except for a couple cute deer.
Cruz loves the long grass!
She is the cutest.
 Playtime with Dad
 We went for another family run Sunday afternoon - another new route for me so I am excited to try these on my own without getting lost. I am slightly directionally challenged so don't venture out on my own. ha It was a hot one though we didn't time it well.
 While the family napped - I enjoyed the sun and read. Oh course the sun lasted all of 7 minutes and then it clouded over. Luckily it was still warm!
 Delainey's favorite position...standing up on anything!!
Last night Justin's Mom came over for dinner as it is her birthday today! {Happy Birthday Debbie!! We love you.} We sat on the deck and had a drink before dinner and then had a great dinner that Justin BBQ'd.
We also watched a lot of Orange is the new Black over the weekend - we just got into this show and we are loving it.
And just like that it was 5am Monday morning and Delainey was ready for the day! :)
***
PS - Today is the last day for the Beachbody summer sale!!
P90X or P90X2 for $60, Insanity: The Asylum for $90, Les Mills Pump for $83, Les Mills Combat for $36, Slim in 6 for $35...

Related Posts

16 comments:

Christy said...

:O I won? How exciting!!!

Looks like a wonderful weekend out in the sun! I can't wait til Steve doesn't work every weekend!

Leigh said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend! And thanks again for having us over :) Delainey sure did win for the best hair at the table!!

Rachel Steck said...

What a fun weekend!
xoxo
Rachel

Murdock's mama said...

Your weekend sounded wonderful {minus the clingy baby--I know all about that!} :) I'm hoping to recap ours soon. Although my blog hasn't been working for the past week! :(

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

What a fun weekend! I need to get out for more walks. Lately we are lucky to get out 2x a week. I love when we get that monitor stare down lol.

Carolyn said...

What a great weekend! :) I love that you all go running and walking together so much! That's one of our favorite family activities too! (walking - not running!)

Also - D's hair is PRECIOUS. I love it so much. HAHA

T. L. said...

It looks like you had a great weekend! I love how active you guys are! What a great example to set for your little miss :)

Rachel and John said...

What a lovely weekend!

Ashley said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend spent together!! Love D's hair and your latest family selfie!! I need to check out that book and get some sun! Actually I'm going to head outside right now! Little man appears to be napping!!
Those s'mores bars look yummy!!

Mom said...

Those chairs at the pool are brilliant!
What is with Delainey's hair?!
You are certainly good use out of the running stroller. Good on all of you.

Gabriella said...

That bow she has on at Costco is so cute! And Cruz in the grass, what a love! I am glad you got to enjoy some sun!!

Bex said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend!

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

I never get sick of looking at your sweet pics! Looks like a great weekend.

Nikki said...

How is that book Dogs Purpose?

Also I LOVE those seats in the swim room!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend. I love that you guys go on family runs! I bet Delainey loves them, too. Her hair at the dinner table is awesome and those smores bars sound amazing!!! Now I am craving dessert!

Janna Renee said...

My niece is trying to stand on everything too! I love that 'our' baby girls are so close together ;)