{weekend recaper}

/
11 Comments
Happy Monday! What a weekend. And already the sun is shining and we have a beautiful day ahead of us.
Now for a little weekend rundown - 
 I've been on the hunt for a {second hand} double running stroller with bike attachment for a long time now. The ones I wanted go really quick if they are still in decent shape and are a good price so I check my kijiji app a few times a day and on Thursday one just happened to pop up 8 minutes prior to me checking - so I quickly sent them a text and it was still available AND they lived a quick 20 minute car ride away! And because I was so quick and they didn't have a change to clean it - they gave me $20 off!! I was so pumped!
Friday morning we tested it out with a ravine walk! :)
Friday consisted of: lawn mowing, grocery shopping, working out, 
playing,
{oh you want a photo Mom - sure thing...}
cleaning the new stroller, crawling all over the house, 
napping like a pro, enjoying the weather with lots of backyard time,
 and dog walking.
Friday night our friends Darren and Nicole came over for drinks on the deck which turned into dinner and them staying until past my bedtime.
**
Saturday consisted of a family walk and then Justin working on his bike most of the day and then he went to Moose Mountain to ride with Brain. They did a long almost 3 hour ride!
Us girls worked out, went to Micheals for supplies for a banner for Miss Ottilia, went to Home Depot for flowers & then I planted my flowers before it started to rain.
I also made Delainey some teething biscuits and a green smoothie which was a hit!
And a little backyard sitting before bed!
Once Delainey was in bed I watched Expecting
 It was good but a tad depressing and then tried to catch up on Revenge (I am getting there Jols)! Cruz and I also shared a bowl of ice cream. :)
**
Sunday consisted of another family walk and then we got ready to take Miss Delainey to get her ears pierced. Justin and Grandma Debbie were in charge of this task (this was part of her Christmas present from G.Debbie) - I was going to wait outside and then swoop in for "after the fact cuddles". BUT - our little munchkin needs to grow some bigger ear lobes! ha So we wait. :) And went for a Starbucks and shoe shopping for Justin instead. Of course while shopping for J I found some shoes that were made for me!
Pink chevron sanuks!! Gah. And no I did not buy them. 
But we FINALLY found some shoes for Justin who is the pickiest of the picky. :)
That afternoon I went for my first post Delainey run with the new stroller & Cruz. Delainey was chatty the whole way and after the first hill from hell it felt good and I even did an extra loop! I wasn't fast and it wasn't long by any means but it was a start! 
Sunday night Mom and Dad came for dinner as they were in town for their usual quick 24 hour swoop in so it was nice to see them. 
And I think that about sums it up.
Happy Monday!

Related Posts

11 comments:

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

What a great weekend! I want a double stroller like that, but have the same issue you did, so I'll keep looking. What brand?
So happy D liked the smoothie andJealo teething cookies, I need to make mJealous you can pierce her ears, Chad said absolutely not. He's really against it so I won't push it ;)
And GREAT job on your run!

Leigh said...

So glad that you were able to find and get that stroller! Such a good deal. Nice job on the run too!

Ashley said...

Ive never heard of that movie!
um those sanuks sound pretty awesome!! That reminds me its finally nice enough to break mine in! haha!
Your planters look cute - I need to get going on mine! I did get my strawberries planted!
Sounds like a fun weekend though!!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That is great that you found a stroller that will work well for you guys and that you got $20 off! Woo hoo! Nice work on your first run. I can't imagine pushing a stroller up a hill while running - it's going to make you a stronger runner with time! Looks like a wonderful weekend, though. I spent mine at the lake so it was fantastic!

Rachel and John said...

YAY for the banner! I'm excited to see it whenever it's finished. No Rush! And let me know if you'd like me to cover the cost!! Looks like a lovely weekend. I need to get my planters planted. John did buy us a hanging basket for the front already. It's so nice to have flowers around.

Kaella Neithercut said...

That's awesome you found that stroller-- I've been looking on Kijiji too and they always go so fast! Good job on your first run mama! Stroller running is tough but such good exercise and, if she's anything like London, as she gets older she'll tell you to run faster, haha!

Bex said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I love D's little pink converse shoes!

Murdock's mama said...

What an awesome weekend! So sad she couldn't get her ears pierced {hopefully soon!} :) And YAY for a jogging stroller & your first run!! :)

Katie said...

i watched revenge before addi was born and never finished! I should get back in it! and that running stroller looks great - maybe addi would be more comfortable and not protest in that!!

Janna Renee said...

She just keeps getting cuter and cuter!! I love that you've already got her drinking green smoothies. You go mama! I love SonK shoes too, so I'm glad he liked them.

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Holy busy weekend!! Always amazes me how much you guys do! So awesome that you found a running stroller! The good thing is that running without it will seem easy so great training! I haven't even attempted looking for a double yet- not sure I want to run with 2!

Plants look great! J planted some flowers on the weekend too.