{Mom}

/
11 Comments
I was going to just post a few photos this Mother's Day and leave it at that because I knew I would NEVER be able to come up with the words to describe how thankful I am to not only have the best Mom, an incredible Mom-in-law as well as a fur ball to love on this Mother's Day but a sweet 7 month old babe as well. 
But here I am, it's not like me just to leave a day like this go without saying something!
 Last Mother's Day I was pregnant with Delainey and at that point I was living my life with her in mind every step of the way and already loved her with every ounce of my being. 
Until this day right here:
 And then I didn't know it was possible to love someone so much that ultimately had just entered your life seconds before. It was like she had been ours forever already.

Motherhood is everything I expected and nothing I expected all at the same time. 
It has it's challenges. There are no breaks. I sleep on the cusp of sleep now and constantly worry if I am doing enough for her or if I am doing the right thing. I am harder on myself than I ever have been because my choices affect her directly. I struggle by comparing myself to other Moms...I lay awake at night and question everything. 
But then she wakes up. And none of that matters - she is a happy, healthy, growing baby. So we must be doing ok. And she doesn't care if we aren't doing it all right. If you can act goofy, sing songs, toss her in the air and love on her - she is happy. And really, as cheesy as it sounds - that's all that really matters.
Life will never be the same but in the very best way possible. 

And because of all this - I am so thankful, appreciative and love these two incredible ladies below that much more (and my Dad too). 
Everything we are going through and doing for Delainey they did for us. And seeing them with our little girl is pretty much the best thing ever. So Mom and Debbie - thank you. We love you so much and so incredibly lucky to have you.

{Today my heart also aches for the ladies out there that are longing to be Moms. Even though I had my Cruzie girl (and trust me she always kept my heart so full)  Mother's Day was always hard when we were waiting for our turn. So I'm sending you all big virtual hugs. Just don't give up hope. 
My girlfriend said something to me when we were waiting and it always stuck with me - she said that if they didn't get pregnant the month they did, they would not have Laurel and she could not imagine another baby in her place. So our baby was just taking longer so we were given our perfect baby. And she could not have been more right. It was worth the wait to get our Delainey. I promise. Worth the wait.}
So Delainey Brynn and Cruzie - thank you for making me a Mom. It is the best job in the world. 
And I love you two to the moon and back a gazillion times. 
Thank you Justin for making this day so special already. I have the best little family.
Happy Mother's Day everyone.

Related Posts

11 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Happy Mother's Day! Delainey is one lucky girl to have you for a mom! I am so happy that all your wishing and hoping and praying resulted in the gift of Delainey being born. Enjoy your special day!!

Christy said...

<3 Happy Mother's Day lady! You are my inspiration <3

Bex said...

Brought tears to my eyes. Happy Mother's Day to the most deserving mama. <3

Murdock's mama said...

Happy Mother's Day….you're one of the best mama's out there! Love you! :)

Pamela said...

You are such a wonderful mother!! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

Mom and Dad said...

A special blog on this special day written by a special new Mom who now has a very special little girl.(our grand daughter!)
Happy 1st Mother's Day.
XOXOXOXO

Rachel Steck said...

What a beautiful post. Happy Mother's Day! You are a super-fantastic-terrific-fabulous-wonderful-excellent-awesome mom to both Cruz and Delainey. And you're super-sweet to boot!
xoxo
Rachel

krink said...

Happy Mother's Day AJ! Love you guys soooo much!
Xoxo

Leigh said...

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day friend!

Carolyn said...

BAH! Cue the water works!!! Hope you had a great Mother's Day!!!

Gabriella said...

Beautiful! Hope you enjoyed your first Mother's Day! :)