{a keeper}

/
13 Comments
 We had a fabulous weekend - one I did not want to end! Justin had Friday off which we always love. Especially when he gets up with Delainey and leaves me to sleep! :)
Cruz and I also cuddled on the bed while Justin and Delainey napped in the afternoon. It was rainy so it seemed like the right thing to do.
Then Delainey woke up so we all cuddled. Or attacked me. Typical.
Friday night I went out to a Mother's Day fundraiser at school - it was great to see my co-workers and enjoy a couple hours out. Delainey went to bed nicely for Dad so that is always a bonus! She does not always love bedtime!
Saturday Justin took Cruz running while Delainey and I worked out.
That afternoon Delainey crashed on my lap after her nap - clearly she didn't nap long enough!
 She was pretty cute!
Saturday night we dropped Miss D off with Grandma Debbie and Justin and I went out to an MS Fundraiser for our friend Amy. She did such a great job planning and running this event.
Karen and I at the event.
Sunday Justin got up with Delainey again and left me to sleep! :) Best start to Mother's Day!
 And then him and Delainey and Cruz spoiled me. I told him all I wanted was the weather to be nice - a family walk - Starbucks and to take a few photos in the ravine. He said ok.
Then surprised me with beautiful unique diamond earrings and my friend Syril the Sloth. 
 Isn't he the cutest! I've had my eye on him forever. We love the Jelly Cat stuffies. Well I do, I hope Delainey will love all of hers! And my earrings are just amazing. He really outdid himself and made yesterday extra special. He is a keeper.
Miss D is on the move - she gets stuck in all sorts of fun spots now!
 Wants to crawl so badly!! Mainly to steal all of Cruz's toys to to attack Cruz.
 Starbucks - check!
(my fun chevron Jamberry nail from the Mother's Day fundraiser)
Beautiful weather - check!
Family walk and photos in the ravine - check - check!!
I'm a lucky lady.
Then we had Debbie, Crystal, Troy and the kids over for dinner for Mother's Day and an early birthday for Justin. It was a great get together. My cute hand print butterflies from Emerson and Nixon for Mother's Day!
Hope everyone had a special weekend! Thank you Justin for making mine so great. xo

Related Posts

13 comments:

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Happy 1st Mothers Day!! Glad you had the perfect day!! The ravine pictures turned out great!
Were you wearing your earrings this morning? I noticed them and thought they were beautiful!! Good job J!!

Go Delainey!! Love all the funny places that they end up!!

Leigh said...

Sleep ins, time with family, nice weather, and pretty earrings? What a great weekend and Mother's day you had!

Ashley said...

Look at little Miss D's hair in that sleeping pic!! haha! The best!!
Glad you had a great weekend! Love your nails!!
I'm happy you had a great Mothers Day!! Those earrings sound pretty!! You deserve it Mama!! Good Job D and J!! Love that sloth!! Is it jelly cat?
Love the family pics!!

Christy said...

I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day!!!! :)

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

Hands down, you always have the best photos!! I love Cruz licking your face!! I'm so happy you had a lovely mother's day. Your little girl is just a doll…love to your family mama!!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I am glad you had a special day and I love that Justin surprised you with a couple of special gifts! I love the photo of Delainey passed out in your lap! And hooray for warmer weather - it's about time!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Aww sounds like the perfect weekend :-)

Bex said...

Sounds like such a great weekend. D sleeping on your lap is so dang cute!

Katie said...

how fun!! so cute she fell asleep like that after her nap :)

Carolyn said...

What a fun Mother's Day!! I love all the sleeping pics... So cute!!

Murdock's mama said...

What an awesome, awesome Mother's Day! So happy for you!! :)

Rachel Steck said...

What a sweet dog Cruz is - sitting still while Delainey pokes her nose! You had a fantastic Mother's Day! You are lucky, yes, but so many people are lucky to have you in their lives.
xoxo
Rachel

Rachel and John said...

What an awesome weekend!