{vacation in numbers}

/
13 Comments

Before I do a little bit more of a recap I thought I'd quickly share some cell phone pics from the trip - in numbers. :)
11 - days away on holidays.
15 - number of minutes it took Dad and I to hike up to the cactus to top of this hill? mountain? rock face?
6 - number of times Mom took Delainey for a walk in the stroller so I could hike, bike or sit by the pool.
6 - number of people I was lucky enough to spend these days with.
2 - number of different pools we went to! Also got to go visit and swim at Uncle Ken and Auntie Cathy's place.
 1 - number of books I read.
7 - number of times I ate ice cream.
0 - number of times I worked out. I did go on one bike trek with Dad and Justin though.
1 - number of rattle snakes I ran over while on said bike trek.
0.4 - number of seconds it took for my ankles to reach my ears when I saw I was about to run over said snake.
HUGE - how big the rattle snake was Justin, Dad and Jeff saw!
3 - number of pairs of shoes I bought.
10 - number of times Justin went for on a bike trek. Alone or with Dad, Jeff, Mom or myself.
9 - number of naps Justin took with Delainey.
5 - number of times his neon yellow shorts joined them for naps. ;)
1 - number of flips flops that bit the dust while Mom and I went off roading with Delainey in the stroller while walking home from the grocery store. Dad and Justin assured us it would be easy to get home....;) 
 122 - decibel of the scream Delainey let out when we first introduced her to the pool. Approximately/I have no idea. ;) But she wasn't happy. But learned to like it! 
 3 - number of beers I drank while on vacacy. I am not a beer drinker! Number Justin and Jeff drank is debatable but I'm gonna say multiply my number by 10 at least. 
5 - number of different bathing suits Auntie Jolie & Delainey wore while on vacation. It was so hot out that Jolie had to change her bikini top once as it had little metal beads on that were burning her!!
 A LOT - how much I hate these jumping cacti. I ran over one while on our bike ride and honestly thought the snake I had run over and caught up to me and attacked my ankle. Dad and Justin luckily were table to pull it out with 2 rocks and then pulled all the spurs out with their fingers (while swearing themselves a little!) It was the most pain I have felt in a really long time and my ankle is still purple and yellow with bruising. Stay away!
1 - number of times Justin went in the pool. The rest of us probably can't count how many times we went in!
A TON - how much I already miss spending my days with these people!
***
  LEIGH - name of the person who won the super cute bow from agnes&june - Congrats!!

Related Posts

13 comments:

Nikki said...

I love AZ! Sounds like you had a great vacation!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Okay I commented but it disappeared, in case this is a double!
Sounds like an awesome holiday! Love all of D's swimsuits :) A loves the pool too! We have to go weekly here, though that is not near as good as in the sun!
I cannot believe that snake! I have never seen one down there. Eek!

Murdock's mama said...

You trip looked heavenly! It makes me excited to get out of town...and we still have 2 months! :)

Mom and Dad said...

Such a fun time together. Loved it!

Rachel Steck said...

What a beautiful place to vacation ~ minus the rattlesnakes and cacti. {I hope your ankle gets better soon!} I love Miss D's pink bathing suit w/ruffles along with her pink toes. And you look AMAZING.
xoxo
Rachel

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Looks like an awesome getaway! Were you in the Phoenix area? I am glad that the weather was so nice for you guys. The nap pictures of Justin and Delainey are TOO adorable! But OMG the rattle snake experience. I would have DIED. I went hiking by myself yesterday and there was a big sign about rattle snakes at the trail head and I spent about the first 2 hours of my hike dealing with major snake anxiety as I am terrified of them. But luckily I did not see any!!

Ashley said...

Love all the snoozing pics of D and J!! And those shorts are very bright! I am not showing them to my husband because he would live in them! haha.
I cant believe you ran over a rattle snake! You are soo lucky you didnt get bit!!
I am terrified of snakes!
That cacti doesnt look fun either! Hopefully your ankle will feel better sooon!
I would want to go to Arizona, but the snakes kinda scare me!
You look great and I love your swimsuits! I am soo dreading a swimsuit right now! D's are cute too!! I finally got Noah one!! I hope it will fit him - he still has some growing to do, as 3 months was the smallest!!

Ashley said...

I LOVE Arizona! Such a beautiful state - I'm jealous!

Bex said...

Looks like a fun trip! I would have screamed murder if I saw a snake that big let alone run it over. Scary!!

krink said...

I am still just in LOVE with her one roll on her left thigh! I love it so much because she only has the one... and no matching one on her other thigh! I just want to squeeze those chubby little legs!!! :)

Chris said...

Hi Alison, looks like one fabulous vacation, apart from that video of the snake, ugh!!!! I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Sounds like an amazing family vacation!! Too funny about Delainey screaming her first time in the pool! I totally thought she would love water instantly! Although maybe she's like her dad and pools aren't her thing?

Those jumping cactus are crazy! I steered clear of them!

I much prefer cider to beer. The Angry Orchard ones are my favourite AZ drink.

I would have died after running over a snake! Reminds me of the time we ran into a bunch of snakes while running in Evanston. My pace sure picked up after that!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Um ouch I just watched some youtube videos of that cactus... OUCH,..