{Randoms & A little LOVE}

/
15 Comments
I had big plans to post yesterday but Delainey had big plans to not allow that to happen! Oh well. So todays post will be longer to make up for it! :)
Still I have nothing but randoms. It's been a rough week, I still don't feel 100% but hopeful it's almost out of my system.
Ok on to some random Alison thoughts that I know you are just dying to read.. ;)

This week Delainey had her first shower with me. She didn't want to allow me to have one without her fussing - so she had no choice. I don't think she knew what to think at first but then I think she liked it. ;) Which is good cause I hope to take her swimming soon and she will need to shower there! Are you picturing her in a bathing suit now - cause I am and trust me - it's the cutest thing ever - we may have tried some of her on. :)

I have always been proud to be Canadian but it seems like over these Olympics I am just reminded of it even more. Because of this story (Canadian coach gives Russian cross country skier a new ski so he can finish the race after his broke) and this one (Calgary speed skater gave up his spot in a race to fellow Canadian when he didn't qualify - and that guy ended up winning silver!!). So awesome. And we are doing great in the medal count! Go Canada!
I am loving chia seed pudding.
I used to only put chia seeds in my smoothies but then saw pudding recipes and decided to give it a try. I used this recipe here and it sure was yummy. I ate mine with mixed berried on top. It's so easy and good for you!
About Chia seeds:
- They have a nutty flavor 
- Justin would hate them as they have a tapioca or rice pudding consistency.
- Can be digested whole - unlike flax seeds.
- Rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- 10 grams of fiber in just 2 tablespoons
- Rich in antioxidants
- Keep you full longer
- Gluten free and can be used instead of eggs!
- They last about 2 years without being refrigerated.
(I buy a big bag at Costco in the pharmacy area)

Delainey is 19 weeks this week and this was the week we found out she was in fact a she! That was easily one of the BEST days ever and I remember is so clearly. No I do not get all teary eyed thinking about it and then looking at this squealing, kicking, adorable baby laying beside me! Not I says Alison. ;)

These two kill me. I love them and I just know they are going to be the best of buddies.
***
And todays post was supposed to be just this - to wish you an early Valentine's Day with these images of our little Valentine's. 
Have a fabulous day!

Related Posts

15 comments:

Murdock's mama said...

Love the whole post, but the Valentine's photos are Too Cute!! :)

Nikki said...

Love the love pics! Adorable!

Ashley said...

She is soo stinking cute!! I think she might need a gymnastics class with those moves!! Love the valentines preview!!
I have been impressed with the Olympics this year as well and I have never really watched them, but our spirit seems a lot better than other countries. I love the Alex Bilideau story was well, with his brother!
Glad you are starting to feel better, moms aren't allowed to get sick right?

Leigh said...

Delainey is looking so big in the valentine's pictures! Such a cutie too. How did you shower with her? Did you hold her or have something to put her down on? Just trying to figure out how the heck you washed your hair! Haha

Carolyn said...

Those last pictures are precious! :)

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

So cute! I have been wanting to bath with A, but haven't yet, on holidays we'll have to with no bath tub. I bring the highchair into the bathroom when I shower then I can talk to her and peek out as needed ;)

Rachel Steck said...

Love!
xoxo
Rachel

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

Thanks for sharing that chia pudding recipe! I've seen it a lot, but I didn't have a recipe to try! I got chills when I saw that 19 weeks photo--oh wow. Beautiful LOVE photos! Frame worthy for sure! Happy Valentine's Day!

Ashley said...

Oh gosh, the second Valentines shoot picture!! So cute! I'm right there with ya, so proud of our athletes and coaches...such amazing people!

Leslie said...

I just started making Chia seed pudding and I love it! And it's so easy :)

Christy said...

So cute! I hope the three of you enjoy your VDay!! I also love chia seeds so I'm definitely going to try the pudding you posted!

Bex said...

I'm with Leigh, I want to know how you managed to shower with her. I've never bathed or showered with Liam. Too afraid of being peed on, or worse lol

Those photos of Miss D are adorable, as always!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Oh no! Hope you fed better soon. Being a mom is tough when you are sick.
Did you not wash your hair? We often shower with Audrey now but I rarely pick her up. There is no way I could wash my hair while holding her.

Cutest little valentine girl!! Love the pictures!! I wonder if Audrey will agree to wearing pink tomorrow? Probably not.

Mom said...

Omg I just want to hold that little valentine sweetie. I miss her and you guys too. I will definitely try the chia seed pudding. I really feel ripped off missing the 'Canadian' Olympic stories but I am learning a few Australian ones that I would never have known!!

Gabriella said...

You Valentine's Day photo shoot is beyond adorable! What sweet little loves you have!!