{Catch up}

/
18 Comments
So I have a lot to catch up on here whomp whomp. Justin has been off since the 20th so I took a little unplanned vacay from the computer. But we are back.
I still have a Christmas & lake recap to come but here but we have New Years Eve [Day] until Now - whoa.
We came home from the lake on the 30th because Miss D had her 2nd hip ultrasound the morning of the 31st.
We are so thankful that the result came back perfect and even though she was in an acrobatic position in my belly for many months her hips are just perfect!
Post bath cuddles with Daddy.
Trying on outfits to wear to our party! Thank you Kae for this outfit! D is working hard to grow into it!
New Years Eve we went over to our friend Darren and Nicole's for Minute to Win it games. It was a blast and we had lots of laughs.
Darren made us all these mason jar glasses with name tags. And yummy cider.
Apparently there were rum drinkers in the house!
Our little party animal!
Super baby on NY Day.
Cruz was the supervisor for all play time activities.
 We saw a bunch of movies over the holidays too.
 I started this book for Delainey. You write just a little note each day for 5 years. It will be fun when she gets older to remember funny things she has said or done. Yesterday she will be proud to read back on the fact that she had the biggest "blow out" of all time for her Dad. He ended up calling for back up and a "poop bag" ha!
 Delainey had passport photos taken!
 We hung out with Uncle Jeff & Auntie Jolie - they hosted a dinner at their new place on Saturday.
{Canada booties from Kae also - first shoes to fit! We love them!}
Delainey has been sleeping in her crib at bedtime since January 1st and doing great. A few times she has been up at 4am for a quick feed and change otherwise she is up between 5-7am - which to us is perfect. We are very proud of her. We also worked on a routine of scheduled naps in her crib - that are longer then 20 minutes. :)
We had a fun family dinner last night with Debbie, Crystal, Troy and the kids - no photos taken - FAIL. But it was great.
And that about catches us up. Over the holidays we did a lot of just hanging out, playing on the floor with miss D, taking turns walking Cruz {ok mainly Justin walking Cruz - it's been cold!}. We did have a great family walk when we had 1 nice day! It was so nice to have Justin home with us. We miss him already. 
But - we are back to regular routine just us girls.
Hope you all had a fantastic holiday too.

Related Posts

18 comments:

Ashley said...

Sounds like a great break!!! M is back at work now too, although we just got a dumping of snow and now a deep freeze headed our way. Happy I don't have to leave the house until the end of the week!! -41 doesn't sound fun! Delainey's outfits are adorable!! I'm jealous of her wardrobe already haha.

Teal Vogue said...

Congratulations, I have been away from blogging for a little while too. I don't know how I missed her birth. She is precious!!

Kristin said...

What a wonderful break! I am so glad to hear everything is OK with D's hips!

Leigh said...

Looks like you guys had a fun holiday break! Glad to hear that everything is okay with her hips. So happy!

Rachel Steck said...

Hip hip hurray for no hip problems!
Since Delainey now has a passport...where will she be traveling to? The US? Ohio??
xoxo
Rachel

Laura said...

I have the same headband for Natalie that delainey wore nye, thanks to your giveaway! Love LOVE that mom one line a day book....where can I get that?? So great to hear your updates...I miss Chris too he had a lot of time off these last few weeks. Today finally feels back to "normal" life now though ....whatever normal is these days....

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Great job D on the naps and sleeping in the crib! That is awesome. Having straight sleep is so nice :) We are getting close!
Her little outfit with the leggings and moon on the onesie - we have the same one and it is huge, even the NB size! I love it :)
Love the passport photo, so crazy they have to get them and are good for 4 years, too funny. Are you guys going somewhere? I am on countdown till we head south!

Nikki said...

Such an exciting holiday season for you! D is so dang cute! S glad her hips are ok!

Rebekah said...

Such a fun break! I'm so glad to hear that her hips are perfect. I have James nap in his crib during the day and he's done great so far with the exception of this week. He's a had a rough adjustment since we got back from vacation but he's getting better! I don't think I'm ready to move him to his crib at night yet. I'm thinking about possibly next month but I'm not sure.

Kae said...

Oh I am so happy her hips are doing good! : ) yay love her in her stuff, warms my heart! Sounds a lot like our break too, and I have been away from blogging for 2 weeks, and I am getting ready to play catch up as well! You know you guys always have a place in good ol' Wyoming ;)
loves. xxoo

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

OH MY GOSH! I just love her batman pj's! Those are awesome!!!
-whit

Carolyn said...

YAY! :) She is absolutely precious... so glad her hip ultrasound went well!!!!!

Laurie @ Disney 'n Diapers said...

STOP. Where is the pause button?! She is getting so big SO fast. So bittersweet. I love the last picture of you reading to her. Savanna and I read every night. One of my favorite parts of the day:)

Jill J. said...

OMG, she is adorable! What a good little baby! Happy New Year to you guys! :)

Jill
Classy with a Kick

Bex said...

She's such a cutie. Looks so cute on the bed in the ultrasound photos. I had to take Liam for an ultrasound when he was young and it's one of my favourite photos of him just chillin there.

Ashley said...

Ahhh those Canada booties are SO cute!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Busy social calendar!! So thrilled to hear that D's ultrasound was clear and her hips are perfect!

You watched a lot of movies! There are a few on there I think I need to see. I suspect we will be watching more movies in our near future.

The One Line a Day is a great idea- especially at Audrey's age where she is saying & doing something new each day! I definitely wish I had done something like that! Too funny about D's blowout! That's happened to us a few times!

Love her mug shot! Did she have a white shirt on, hence the bib?

Katie said...

i want to see gravity! and i am jealous of your sleeping baby! sometimes i feel like I am the only one with a baby that hates sleeping at night and getting up twice to eat is a good night!