{a sunny break}

/
18 Comments
Well just like that it's Monday again! We had some amazing weather this weekend - I would just like all these icy sidewalks to go away.

Friday Delainey and I spent the morning at my work - I am helping them with a photo project and I was picking Lily up to spend the day and night with us too. It was really nice to spend some time with the students and staff. As always the students are a riot and the best comment this time was when I walked into the Senior class one of the boys threw his arms up in the air and said "Mrs. Black - you're skinny again! It's a miracle!!" 
That afternoon Lily, Delainey, Cruz and I went for a long walk and played at the park as it was beautiful out. 
We watched Monster's University - Delainey played and made a lot of noise throughout!
 Lil & Miss D
 Lily painted!
 Bedtime snuggles with Dad.
 Sleepy monkey - those lashes just keep on growing!
Lil still loves Cruz the best.
Saturday morning Lily wanted fish for breakfast but settled on leftover lasagna she found in the freezer! That afternoon Mom and Dad came for a visit and then I took the girls for a walk while Just had a golf nap. Or maybe it was football?!
That evening we went and had dinner with some old friends of ours. I was Colt's aide in his preschool class when he was 4 and now he is almost 14 and is 5'11"!! Towers over me. Justin and I used to go to their house one night a week for years to look after them while their parents enjoyed a night out so it was really nice to spend time with them.
Kevin & D
Keenan, D & Colt
They too love Cruz best. Colton spent the whole night playing with Cruz.
Sunday we didn't do much. Justin worked on his TV system while I took the girls for a long walk in the sunshine {and ice}.
 Delainey loves her hands!!
Justin built me shoes shelves in the basement using an old dresser! Handy guy! He also said I need to purge my shoes. What?!!
I had a bath before dinner while Delainey napped and read 5 chapters of this: 
Justin even brought me a glass of wine! It was wonderful. And the book is so good already. I hope to read again today while Miss D naps. We finished Season 1 of Ray Donovan and that's about it.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Related Posts

18 comments:

Rachel and John said...

What a lovely weekend! I would love some wine in the bath. I will settle for a homemade popsicle instead!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Sounds like a great weekend! A loves her hands too, munching on them right now lol. I LOVE that book, I have heard her speak a couple times, such an unbelievable story,

Leigh said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend! Might have to check out that book...always on the hunt for new ones to read

Carolyn said...

Delainey is seriously the cutest thing ever!!!!!

Ashley said...

Um is your snow all gone??? I see grass! We still have a ton!! It's about to get super cold here again this week!
Sounds like a lovely weekend! Does J seriously think you will get rid of shoes? Lol? Wait till. Miss D gets bigger!! Haha. He is soo in for it! I see a bit of Emerson in her, now that she's getting bigger!

Murdock's mama said...

Yay for awesome baths...one of my favorite things!! :)

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

I love that you read! I don't know why I put it off, but I do. I need to just start reading more! How sweet Justin brought you wine! Such cute pictures...love!

Kae said...

that sounds like a great weekend! yay for relaxing and spending time on walks!
loves xxoo

Limefreckle said...

you remind me so much of the teachers at my son's school....they aren't just his teachers, they are our family, and we will keep in touch long after he leaves there. Sounds like a lovely weekend, you are certainly settling into motherhood well!

Bex said...

Sounds like a great weekend. You just made me crave a glass of wine so bad (doing the Advocare challenge so no booze!!). Some ladies at work were talking about that book today, I think I need to pick it up!

DC Minute said...

Your weekends sound idyllic :) Loving getting caught up with Miss Delainey, and you know my heart goes weak for Cruz girl! Happy Tuesday, love!
xo, Al

Rachel Steck said...

You have the best weekends!
xoxo
Rachel

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

I'm done with the ice! I want to go for walks but I'm terrified of slipping. I almost fell at the Zoo on the weekend. Maybe I should pull out my grippies for running. Looks like you had a good weekend of visiting and vegging!

I can't wait for wine! Looks like a good book- will have to add to my list.

D is getting cuter each day! Love her lashes and hair!

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend! Hope the ice melts soon. We are over here praying for rain in California.

Holly said...

Delainey is just a little Justin. Such a cupcake!

Whit said...

Ahhh her chubby cheeks are so cute!! She's loving toys now too, so awesome!! Looks like a great weekend!! xox

Kristin said...

I just want to hold little D!! She is so freakin cute!!

Kristin said...

I just want to hold little D!! She is so freakin cute!!