{4 months}

/
18 Comments
4 months...I am amazed at how quickly 4 months can pass. It honestly feels like I was just pregnant and then we were just bringing her home for the first time. But at the same time I cannot imagine life without her. What did we do before Delainey?!
 I truly love spending my days with her. Even the days she is a grumpy pants and we get nothing accomplished. She is changing so much and each day she seems to do something new and get stronger and bigger each new day.
 For the most part she is such a happy girl. We are so lucky and thankful for that and to have her so healthy as well.
{weight}
12lbs
{length}
24 inches
{sleep}
She is a pretty good sleeper at night. We usually put her to bed around 830-9pm and most nights she will sleep until around 6am. Some nights she is up to eat and a change at around 3 or 4am and on those night she might sleep until 7-8am. For a few weeks now she has been up more and doesn't settle well but we think she might be teething. 
She is typically a short napper but wakes up with a big smile so I can't complain at all.
{daily routine}
On a "typical day" she is up between 6-8am. We feed Cruz, then she eats. Then depending on what time is it  (how dark it is outside) I will pump & eat my breaky/drink my coffee while she plays with her feet beside me & then we walk Cruz (or these two swap). Then throughout the day we play lots, she naps twice, she eats lots, we do errands or meet with friends or family, I workout, house chores, prep dinner, yada yada and we walk Cruz again. She will also nap again after dinner usually.
{feeding}
She is eating pretty much every 3 hours during the day. Some days she wants to eat every 2 just depending on what her mood is like/how well she ate the time before - again she is sorta snacking instead of good meals we think due to teething/growth spurt right now. She is still exclusively on breast milk.
{diaper size}
Size 1 - we still love our huggies snugglers. Justin MUST have the little line that tells us is she is wet or not. It's a must. ;)
{clothes)
3-6 months in most things. She still has some 0-3 items in her closet and some 3-6 month stuff is huge on her - really depends on the brand. She is a skinny and tall little girl.
{hair color}
Medium blond
{eye color}
Very blue
{likes}
Her feet
Being naked
Bouncy chair naps
Sitting up
Looking at herself in the mirror
Chatting
Songs
Playing with or pulling my hair while she eats
{dislikes}
Having a wet or dirty diaper
Having her diaper changed {sometimes}
Being tired
{cruz}
She is great. She is realizing our morning routine is a little different and is dealing well with it - I used to walk he right away and then she would eat. Now she eats and then she has to wait for her sister to eat before we walk. She still loves being near Delainey and loves giving her big kisses especially during tummy time. I love having her home with us each day. I'm so lucky.
{nick names}
Monkey
Daddy calls her Delainey Lainey or Lainey D
Miss D
Love or Lovie
Pretty much anything we call Cruzie also - other than Cruzie or Cruzie girl - ha.
{moments to remember}
Her and I started Gymboree and she LOVES it. We go twice a week and she is so darn cute throughout the class. She is SO vocal, I almost have to tell her to shhhhh! ;) She loves bubbles, the rain stick, all the songs, looking at the other babes, etc.

Miss D - If only you knew how much you are loved. I cannot even put it into words how much. I can't believe how fast you are growing up and changing - sometimes it makes me sad how fast it has gone but I am also so proud and excited about all you are doing that is new. We love your big smiles and noisy chatter. This time last year you were the size of pin head but you already had made us ridiculously happy and quickly made the years of waiting for you worth it. 
I am so glad I was chosen to be your Mommy and so thankful to spend my days with you. We love you munchkin.

[I apologize for the lack of photos of Delainey in this post. tee hee. ;) I just can't help myself]

Related Posts

18 comments:

Ashley said...

Those eyes!!! Soo alert!! So glad she is doing soo well! I'm glad she's enjoying the class! I don't think we have any classes like that around here :(. She is just beautiful!! I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine once this peanut arrives and hopefully my ankle will be up for more walking! Can't believe how slow recovery is with it, although I get half of the issue is I'm front heavy right now lol.

Murdock's mama said...

I can't get enough of her. She's just so beautiful!! :)

Nikki said...

She is so cute! She looks like she is really long too! Glad to hear everyone is doing well!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

LOVE all the photos, she is so cute. How the heck is she 4 months already though?!

Leigh said...

Love all of the pictures! Such a cutie as always :)

Bex said...

Love all the pictures. What an adorable girl! But really, four months already? I feel like she was just born!

Mom said...

I love the way she is always focusing on you (or is it the camera!) Such a cute shot at gymboree. And those chubby legs just make me laugh.

But most of all I love seeing you SO happy and just LOVING your new role as Mommy :)))

Nina said...

Cute. We used to use pampers and once we moved out of the newborn size, I think the "line" went away? :)

"B" said...

Time flies. She is growing so fast. What a cutie patootie! Yay for 4 months 1/4 of a year old already :)

Rachel Steck said...

I just love her so. Keep the pics coming!
xoxo
Rachel

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

awe happy four months pretty girl. she does have very blue eyes, gorgeous!
-whit

Michelle said...

She is just too cute!! :)

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh, how is she 4 months old already?! She gets cuter and cuter by the day, I swear! Love the picture of her sitting up at Gymboree.

Christy said...

Ahhh her chunky lil thighs just kill me. She is so precious!

Kae said...

Happy 4 Months one day late!
Auntie Kae loves you and is so happy that you are growing well and healthy! you are so gorgeous..!
xxoo loves

krink said...

Happy 4 Months Delainey!!!! We cannot believe how big you are getting and how much you change every time we see you! You are a VERY loved little girl!
Xoxo
Auntie, Uncle, and your two cousins!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Four months already!! I just love her smiles and sweet expressions!

Sounds like life with Miss D is perfect! :)

Carolyn said...

So sweet! I love the pink outfit! :) She is such a cutie!!!!