[mustache]

/
12 Comments
I cannot believe it's December!? And this blizzard we are "enjoying" can wrap up any day now...yuck. The only good thing is Justin gets to work from home - the really bad thing is Cruz still thinks she needs to walk and then LOVES her walks in the freezing blowing snow. no bueno.
We had a really good weekend though. This little munchkin decided that sleep was a-ok again.
We had Jeff, Jolie, Scott and Jade over for dinner and she was a grumpy Gus. It was nice to have them over though.
Friday Jolie and I volunteered at the Ikea tree lot for my work - all the proceeds of all the tree sales go to our school so any locals out there reading please get your trees at Ikea (if you put up a real tree)! They smell heavenly and are only $20 plus you get a $20 gift certificate to use at Ikea in the new year! Win win!
OR if you want to do your good deed of the year we are always looking for more volunteers to work a shift in the tree lot! Just let me know! :) {Thanks your Jolie and Nana for doing a lot shift and thank you to Mom and Dad for unloading trees yesterday in the ugly ugly weather!}
So while I was doing my lot shift Gramma Debbie and Auntie Sandy looked after Delainey with the help of cousin Emerson. Emerson loves her and probably said "she so cute" 10 times just while I was there!! Best cousin ever.
Friday night Justin, Delainey and I met up with Leigh and Mr. D at The Rock for pizza and boy oh boy was it delicious and great to catch up with these two. Delainey slept through dinner and we woke her just so she could have come cuddles from both Leigh and Mr. D.
We were in bed early and thankfully Delainey had a good night seep (finally) and then Justin got up with her and let me sleep in until her next feeding. She was all smiles when Justin, Cruz and her came to wake me up! That face!! 
Saturday morning we put up our main floor Christmas tree and Delainey was mesmerized by the lights! I joked and said we can add the tree to my list of baby sitters along with Cruz and the ceiling fan.
Then we got ready for Nixon's 1st birthday party - A Mustache Bash!
I made Delainey a mustache shirt for the party!
Emerson and Uncle Justin
These next 3 photos crack me up - trying to get a photo of the 2 of them and Nixon being a typical boy with his sister. Gosh I love them!!
Nixon with his cake that he wasn't too keen on - silly boy - it was delicious!
Us with the birthday boy!!
Saturday night we had family pizza dinner at Debbie's since Auntie Sandy was in town with Crystal, Emerson and Nixon.
 Cruz babysitting during dinner!
Silly monkey before bed!
 On Sunday Justin and Mr.D headed to the mountains to ride - crazy guys! There was way more snow up there then here (at the time - not now)!
So Delainey, Cruz and I just did stuff around the house.
Then we had a yummy dinner at Mom and Dad's house with Jeff, Jolie, Nana, Auntie Cathy and Uncle Ken. Perfect end to the weekend!

Related Posts

12 comments:

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

What a fun birthday party for Nixon! Has it been a year already since he was born? I love all the 'staches on everyone!

Oh we will have to try that pizza place- is it child friendly?

Delainey's smiles make me so happy!

I'm so ready for winter to be over and it's only just begin... isn't being on mat leave during the winter the best?? That's great that Justin can work from home.

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Love the moustache theme! Becky did one for Liam too. Happy you got to sleep in, so nice!
Did you dye your hair? It looks darker in the one photo.

Pamela said...

What a cute party!!!

Ashley said...

Sounds like a fun weekend minus the blizzard of course!! Yuck!! That party is cute a friend of our just did one for their one year old too!!

Leigh said...

Thanks again for meeting us for dinner :) Looks like Nixon's mustache bash was fun! Love all of the decorations :)

Kae said...

That sounds like a great weekend! I love the mustache themed party! how cute! love that pic of you miss d :)
loves xxoo

Laurie @ Disney 'n Diapers said...

haha! LOVE the "stache" party;) and I can't lie..I'm jealous of your snow. It's 60 here in MD. 60. It'll snow that as soon as Christmas is over and then I'll be complaining that I want spring to be here.

Mom said...

Every time I look at that collage of Delainey I laugh
C/T did a great job decorating at NIxon's party...so fun!
Biking in Dec...awesome. Not a chance they would be going out yesterday or today.

Bex said...

Geez, that party puts Liam's mustache bash to shame!! haha, looks like a fun time!

Sarah Goodman said...

i love that having a baby doesn't stop you from anything!!

Murdock's mama said...

Too cute! I'm stealing a few ideas {if you don't mind} for Cully's 1st Birthday. The theme is 'Our Little Man is Turning 1' and we're decorating with mustaches, ties, and briefcases! :)

Gabriella said...

That picture of her cuddling in bed with you is so stinking cute! She is too much with all of her adorable little faces. Happy little monkey!