{I puffy heart a new workout}

/
14 Comments
If you have been reading this blog for a while or know me, you will know I love a good workout and love a NEW workout even more.
So as much as I loved working out with a big ol'belly for 9 months and enjoyed the workout DVDs I bought for that period I could not wait to for a good, tough sweaty workout.
Like I mentioned before, I got the ok to workout at 4 weeks postpartum but told myself I would wait until 6 week and did just that.
I started with a goal of working out 4-5 times a week for 2 weeks and did Jillian Micheals, Jackie Warner and Brooke Burke workout DVDs (modified some ab moves as per my doctors request due to my c-section).
It felt so good to get back at it even though I did feel weak, have to wear 3 sports bras and just don't quite feel 100% myself but that is to be expected after not doing anything more than walking while pushing a stroller for 6 weeks after having a c-section AND lighter workouts for most of my pregnancy.
My plan was to start a new program at 8 weeks postpartum. I love programs - ones that last a few months, that are always changing and that keep me motivated and interested (P90X, Insanity, ChaLEAN Extreme..are a few I have completed and loved). So when I was awake feeding Delainey at 2:00am just a few weeks after having her and I saw an infomercial for Shawn T's new workout program - I knew what my next program would be. I wanted to start it right then and there!
 Like the good husband Justin is he got it for me! One of my favorite gifts is a new workout DVD!
I liked the sound of this one as it's similar to Insanity and each workout is only 25 minutes long with no rests with workouts 5 days a week with a double workout on Fridays (or on Sunday if you are me!) I like to take Fridays off! Shawn T uses Focused Interval Training and works one muscle group to exhaustion and then moves on to the next.
There are 2 cycles - Alpha (Focus on Foundation) for 5 weeks and then Beta (Focus on Core) for 5 weeks (and then there are 2 Gamma (Focus on Strength) cycles each for 4 weeks which are optional).
I like that it is an intense workout but it's over before you know it AND it changes daily.
So far I am in the middle of my third week of Alpha and so far I really do love it.
This is my fav beachbody gal Tania from Insanity and it just so happens she had a baby before doing T25 also...
My workout buddy...
And thankfully right now Delainey finds it entertaining to watch me workout so [for the most part] is happy watching me or I quickly head down to workout when she falls asleep [but she always wakes up as soon as I move her down there!!] so I do spend time bouncing her chair or moving her to the swing to keep her happy! All while playing with above cutie and holding the milk makers for some moves!
But I am very thankful Delainey is cooperating for these 25 minutes. I think she likes looking at Shawn T - we just won't tell her Daddy that! ;)
And she usually falls asleep right at the end of my workout!!
I'll post a review once I get into the next cycle as well.
[As you know I don't weigh myself but I did take some scary BEFORE photos and took my measurements to measure progress]

Anyone done Focus T25 or have a favorite program?

Related Posts

14 comments:

Nikki said...

I've heard of this one but have not tried it. Interested to see what you think of it.

Leslie said...

I was actually just looking into this one over the weekend and thinking about starting it in the new year. I am interested to hear what you have to say about it :)

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

This is awesome! I love that it is only 25 mins. Like you I am waiting till 6 weeks to workout, I do not have an appt till 7 weeks though so will only do walks on the treadmill and some light yoga before that.
I hope I can manage to get in workouts with Miss. A! Hopefully she takes after Delainey and likes watching me workout :)

Dad said...

Good work honey! I'll do it with you at the lake after Christmas. XOXO

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

I am all about Jillian. I am excited for you and can't wait to be inspired you hot mama!! (LOL to the 3 sports bras, I remember!!! owww)

Natalie said...

I've heard really good things about the program! I can't wait to see your results. You are ROCKING it so far!!

Rebekah said...

That workout sounds awesome! I started back to doing yoga at 3 weeks postpartum and even though I don't do it every day (sometimes I choose sleep) it feels good to get back to it!

Christy said...

I was thinking about trying Insanity eventually - did you like it?? Would you recommend starting with this one first? I'm horribly out of shape and overweight. If it's easier you could email me your opinion at christianeelizabeth@gmail.com :)

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Gosh I needed this! You are GREAT! You are my motivation :)

Bex said...

I just got my hands on P90X but have heard the workouts are 1-1.5 hours which I really dread. 25 minutes is more my style!! What kind of equipment does it use? Maybe I will look into this one because I really need a program to get me on track.

Kae said...

That sounds like a great workout that I might have to purchase. One of my worst habits about starting to work out again is trying to find the time, and 25 minutes is def workable for me!
loves! : )
ps I need to break my scale so I stop weighing myself

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

That looks like an awesome program, although a bit scary! I'll have to look into it in March! I'm so weak right now- hopefully it won't kill me!

You look great and I'm sure your before pictures were not that bad!

Thankfully I hate weighing myself so I rarely do it, except when I'm pregnant. Unfortunately my clothes let me know when I've indulged too much!

Yah the poor boobs. They really need to be strapped down!

Ashley said...

I've never heard of this before! I got halfway through Insanity before I found out I was pregnant, and LOVED it. His programs are great...I might have to check this out!

Janna Renee said...

I want to try it, but the whole program is pretty pricey! I'll keep an eye out for a sale ;)