{5 on Friday}

/
16 Comments

Happy Friday! Have I mentioned how much I love Justin's Fridays off - Love them.
{1}
It has been so cold this week. (-28C right now and -36C with the wind chill) So flippin' cold. I ventured out last night for the first time since Sunday night other than a few Cruz walks - minus Delainey. It's too cold to take her out right now and Cruz just doesn't understand.

{2}
Last night Delainey and I were shower with more love from my Mom's closest friends. We met these ladies when we moved to Calgary and I was in Brownies. [Most] of these ladies were leaders [along with my Mom] and these ladies along with their hubby's have become Mom and Dad's "dinner group friends". This shower also included some of the daughters [girls I went to Brownies with] along with our great family friends the Barberios and Mom's long time running friend Claire.
This is where I would show you all the photos we took and a group shot of us girls but I forgot my diaper bag there along with my camera and cell phone. So just imagine how great it looked. I did come home with Delainey and all the left over M&Ms so at least I had my priorities in check (Gail got M&Ms at the M&M store in Vegas to match the napkins and plates!)
Delainey and I really have been so showered with love and felt so special with all these showers. She really is such a loved little girl.

{3}
This gift came from a sweet blog reader turned friend Erin - who I am still trying to convince to start a blog...get on it!
Just look at that bathing suit! This girl has got to start liking the water more - she almost has as many swim suits as Auntie Jolie & her Mom - almost! ;)
And we just got these goodies from the ever so sweet Rachel. She sent me the treats I was complaining we couldn't get in Canada!! She also sent miss D a rattle ball and the cutest socks you have ever seen.
[PS. Those white chocolate candy corn M&Ms are insane delicious]
She also sent Cruz this toy. She loves it. Clearly.
Thank you SO much you two!!

{4}
This little munchkin is modeling her headband from the lovely Mandy of Sassy Baby Essentials... she will grow into it! I love the chevron band!
 She also has these adorable Christmas ones in the shop..
I ADORE the Santa belt!

{5}
And for a few photos!
Yesterday I gave both Cruz and Delainey a bath and they both smell delicious. 
I tried to get a post bath photo of Cruz but she rips around the house like a nut so they were all a blur! 
Little miss sat and watched me bath her sister nicely though.
 Delainey fell asleep on me during nap time and I decided to just enjoy the snuggles and my list of to-do's could wait.
 This was my view to the left as well. Doesn't get much better!
Well have a fabulous weekend all.
xo

Related Posts

16 comments:

Laurie @ Disney 'n Diapers said...

Awwww<3 so sweet! LOVE the Christmas bows! Brrr..I'm glad it's not that cold here yet. It was actually 70 yesterday! I would love some snow though. I can't lie!

Jessi Otey said...

Love these pictures! Too too cute! Weather wise- it is 65 today in VA! I have no idea what's going on for December and then they are calling for an ice storm on Sunday...geez!

Jennifer Golding said...

What is it with dogs and being crazy after a bath? Mine do the same thing!
Have a great, and warm, weekend!

Rachel Steck said...

I'm so glad you liked all your goodies from the States! I'm happy to send you treats you can't find anytime just let me know.
You all are much loved by me and many others.
xoxo
Rachel

Ashley said...

Glad you had another great shower!! Well deserved!! Soo freak in cold there! Our 11 degree temps have now dropped below zero :( hope it warms up!! Have a great weekend!!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Too much cuteness in one post!! I'm so done with this cold weather and want to be on mat leave now!!

I love the napping snuggles! Sometimes I hold Audrey extra long even now because those snuggles are so rare these days.

Those hairbands are beyond cute! Why oh why does my little girl hate them? At least she likes shoes...

Enjoy your extra long weekend with Justin! Stay warm and cozy!

Gabriella said...

Ok, Delainey in that bath towel is seriously precious! She is simply perfect! And that bathing suit is so cute! I also love Cruz sprawled out!

Leigh said...

This weather sucks! I would take -10C for the rest of winter if we just get out of this deep freeze :) Miss Delainey sure is a spoiled and loved baby :) Have a great weekend!

Christy said...

stay warm! it is brutal out there today!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Love all those headbands! D looks very cute in that one too:) I want to find a red one for Avery but no luck yet!
Loved her all bundled up after her bath!
You guys stay warm this weekend!

Laura Marie Keenan said...

We're having really cold weather here in Utah yet my toddler still insists on taking walks! Your little girl is such a cutie, especially post bath!

Kae said...

Our weather has been about -32 F and I'm over it! Love the headbands, and pictures of cruz and D. yay for getting some goodies.
xxoo loves.

[darci @ the good life] said...

Oh my gosh - those headbands... your baby girl.... that pup!! Perfection!!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

I can't believe how big Delainey is getting! That book is one of my favorites to read, makes me tear up every time!

Katie said...

yeah for gifts from friends! those headbands are so cute! and that swimsuit! can't wait to see her wear it :)

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

COME SUMMER she is gonna be so cute in those swimsuits! :)
-whit