{Reminders}

/
14 Comments
It's cliche to say but it's true, it takes losing someone or something bad to happen to really get us thinking and appreciating life and our loved ones. At least that's what I really realized while in the shower Saturday morning. It was a long shower. Justin was home so I didn't have to rush out to Delainey and I let myself have a real good cry and a real good thinking moment.

On Wednesday morning a friend of ours from the lake passed away suddenly. 
He was younger than me. A strong, handsome, loud, abundantly loved guy. Jeff and I grew up with him and his brothers. He spent many summer days at our cabin or out on the lake with our family.

Unfortunately I found out something had happened to him while nursing Delainey in the middle of the night while checking in on Facebook. At first I thought it was a bad Halloween joke when I saw all these photos popping up in my feed of him with the letters R I P attached to them. But sadly it wasn't a joke. He is gone and it breaks my heart.
But since his passing more and more photos have been posted by his friends and family. I have found myself checking his page a couple times to read all the amazing posts people are posting. And it got me thinking. 
Did he know this many people loved him and will miss him? Did he know he was "like a brother" to all his tough buddies, did he know he helped so many "get through the toughest time in their life", did he know many of friends will never get over his passing? Did he know so many people turned to him, loved his smile, appreciated his loud boisterous self and loved the way he loved life? 
Did he know he could turn to so many people for support? 
If he could read his Facebook wall right now and knew all of these people loved him SO MUCH - would something have been different in his life? Who knows. I just really wish he could read all those posts right now - or a week ago actually.

I guess where I am going here and again as cliche as it is and you've heard it all before - but tell the people around you how much they mean to you NOW - not after it's too late and can no longer "read their Facebook wall". You never know how much they may need to hear how much they are loved, needed and appreciated right now.
I wish I was on my way up to Edmonton to celebrates Matt's life but I made the last minute decision not to travel for 6+ hours in the car with Delainey in one day - so torn but I will celebrate him from afar. We love ya Matt. And you win for the silliest hair cut ever.
That's all. Happy Tuesday everyone.

Related Posts

14 comments:

krink said...

Sending the entire Seba family my thoughts.

Kae Muir said...

sending prayers you and your family's way love. so hard to lose someone.....
i'm so sorry...
xxoo
loves..

kae
(kaebug_108@hotmail.com)

Christy said...

<3 RIP

Ashley said...

Such an honest post!! Life is too short!! Sorry for your loss! I'm not sure how he died, but either way it's horrible!!

Laurie @ Disney 'n Diapers said...

SO sad..and also so true. We don't tell the people how much we love them nearly enough. This is something I think about a lot actually. and I'm sure this guy didn't know just how much he was loved!

Mom said...

A beautiful blog post. (more tears from my eyes of course)

LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH.

Bex said...

So sorry for your guys' loss. <3

J said...

Comment Test

Leigh said...

So sorry to hear about your loss :( sending you big hugs!

Sarah Goodman said...

the news of a passing is always so hard.
sorry for your loss friend
xxo

Rachel Steck said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear friend.
xoxo
Rachel

Rachel and John said...

So sorry for your loss Alison. That's so very sad. My thoughts are with his family and yours.

Janna Renee said...

I'm so sorry for your loss! He definitely looks and sounds like a great guy. {{HUGS}}

Ashley said...

So, so sorry to hear about Matt. Hope you're doing ok.