{Delainey's Shower}

/
19 Comments

Last Sunday Delainey and I were honored to have 20 of our closet family & friends over for a shower for little miss.
Whitney has been planning this day since the day I called her to tell her I was pregnant - and truthfully even before that.
She went with a few of my favorite things as inspiration on the decor - pink, pretty, flowers, mason jars - it was perfect.

 The invite & diaper cake Whit made:

{The decor, treats & details}
 Love the banner and poofs Whit made too!
My favorite candy!
My current late night nursing snack - I mean - Whit's famous chocolate chip cookies!


The adorable photos Whit took of Delainey were also one of my favorite parts of the decor
Guess the baby food game!
Adorable mason jars that Whit turned pink! This one now lives in Delainey's nursery with the roses below that I dried.
 Logan made this diaper bike mainly for Justin! It was so impressive!!{she carried it on the plane!}
Her loot!
Logan made this cake the morning of the shower!
It was layered chocolate and vanilla with pudding layers too - yum.
So pretty. Hello Pinterest!

The belle of the ball - she slept the whole time!
 While Logan and were shopping on the Saturday before the shower I was on a mission to find her a dress for the shower that fit - yes she has many dresses but nothing fit her little body right now.
Found this one at Carter's in newborn. I should have taken a better photo of her in it but it will for her for a while so I WILL get one. ;) But you will have to trust me that she was the cutest little belle ever. 
 I love this shot with my Mom and Delainey (and her monkey hair!)

{The people}
My Gran and Mom - so glad my Gran was able to be here from BC for the shower.
4 Generation!
Karen
The most lovely host and myself
My cousin Logan and Whit's helpful side kick.
Nana and Jolie
Jolie & I
 Some of my girls [Nicole, Carla, me, Delainey, Krista & Barb]
It really was totally wonderful - from the little details that I know a ton of thought went into, to all the guests coming out to celebrate Delainey on a very snowy day. We both felt very loved and I appreciated [SO much] all the work and love that went into it.

Whit - thank you for EVERYTHING. You fit way more into your mini cooper then I ever thought possible! Thank you for loving us so much and for spending so much time on this shower and for getting your craft on! Super impressed - it was all just perfection.
Log - thank you for making the trip to visit and for working your magic on a beautiful cake for us! You were an awesome help.
Mom & Gran - thank for coming to help set up (& vacuum) and for bringing food & drinks! And Gran thank you for coming to visit too!
Nana - thank you for making delicious squares - they were a hit!

***
{On another note - I apologize if you have been leaving a comment and I have not responded to you - we had a filter on the blog for anonymous comments to be blocked and for some reason that was blocking emails being sent to me to say some of you had left a comment! gah! So I am sorry. I did go back and read all the comments on the blog last night - so thank you!
BUT you can also remedy this yourselves by linking your comments to email so you don't appear to be a "noreply-comment@blogger.com") Then emailing you back is super easy! The fabulous Holly has a tutorial here - it's easy!}

Related Posts

19 comments:

Ashley said...

Looks like the perfect shower!! Soo glad you ended up having not just one, but two!! That dress is adorable!!

Rachel Steck said...

What a beautiful shower ~ Whitney and Logan did a great job! I wish I could have been there. I love the idea of having a shower after the baby has arrived. Everyone gets to meet her. Awesome!
xoxo
Rachel

Gabriella said...

Her dress, the details - everything turned out beautiful! So happy to see Miss Delainey showered with so much love!

Joeylee said...

Such a cute shower. And you look great

Pamela said...

YOU LOOK GREAT! ow ow! So does your cute lil girl ;) Love all the details and the cake!!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

LOVE it all! Whitney, you did an awesome job!

Leigh said...

It was such a pretty and awesome shower! Whit and Logan did such a great job :) Thank you again for inviting me :)

Laurie @ Disney 'n Diapers said...

I love all of it. We did the baby food game too and everyone had fun! That cake is beautiful!

Cami said...

WOWZER!! What an utterly beautiful shower!! Happy shower <3

Rachel and John said...

What a really lovely shower!

Kae said...

what a gorgeous shower!
ps. I hope my "no reply" went away. :)
loves .
xxoo

Danielle @ eating running living said...

I love everything! The decor is adorable, the food looks delish, and Delainey is so precious! Looks like a great day!

Janna Renee said...

OMG OMG I love her! Monkey hair and all! what an amazing shower! Whit did an amazing job ;)

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

awe adorable!!
-whit

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

It was such a great time to celebrate little Delainey! Thank you so much for inviting me! Whit did such a great job planning, hosting and taking photos! Logan's cake was sooo good!

I've also been late night snacking on those cookies despite them being in the freezer!

Carolyn said...

Such an adorable shower! I saw that dress at Carter's... It's ADORABLE!! :) glad everything is going well!

Kristin said...

What sweet friends you have!! I just wanna hold little miss!

Bex said...

Looks like a beautiful shower and you look amazing!!

Whit said...

hahaha.. I packed that Mini almost as full as the day we did newborn photos. We're putting that mini to the test ;) I love you two ladies to bits, this feels like nothing compared to what you have given me and my two little beans. xox