{A weekend getaway}

/
18 Comments
Happy Tuesday! 
If those faces above don't make you smile I don't know what will! Such a silly girl.

This weekend we were lucky enough to get out of the city and head to Justin's favorite place - the mountains - more specifically Lake Louise.
We were going with 3 other couples (some of Justin's Jr High buddies and their significant others) to snowboard/ski/if you are me just hangout! We stayed at the Lake Louise Inn (got a deal online for cheap rooms) and they upgraded us to a one bedroom condo so we had a living room and full kitchen! Wish I would have known so I could have brought stuff to make meals AND they were dog friendly! Don't tell Cruz! :( But now that we know that we will for sure go back.

We went out Friday night but the rest of them didn't come out until Saturday morning so that left us to enjoy a nice dinner just the 3 of us. Justin found this amazing restaurant in the middle of nowhere - Baker Creek Bistro.
We were the only ones there until the very end of our meal and it was so cozy and so delicious!
Justin's bison...
 My pasta dish...(had enough for lunch the next day too!)
 Justin's dates - lucky man. 
Happy girl while we ate!
Saturday morning we were up early and I drove Justin up to the hill to meet the group to snowboard. It was opening day so it was packed and unfortunately the snow wasn't the best but they had fun.
 Delainey and I found a coffee shop to grab breakfast and then cuddled up by the fire and watched Home Alone 2 and then Elf!
We went for a nice but chilly walk around Lake Louise without getting lost! I am always nervous exploring when I don't know the area (and being in bear country) - plus I am slightly direction-ally challenged.
Then Delainey decided to nap again so I took full advantage and had a lovely jetted bath! It has been a long time since I have has a nice extra hot soak!
We cuddled the rest of the afternoon until Justin got back!
 That night we had another delicious meal at the hotel with everyone and then we all just hung out in our room - while Delainey was an unhappy camper until bedtime - jeepers. Pretty sure we just scared the other 3 couples from having babies anytime soon! ;) BUT she did sleep from 11-4! Longest stretch yet.
Sunday morning after I fed Delainey at 7:00am Justin sent me back to bed and I slept until 10:00am! Heaven.
We then packed up and headed to Canmore to find this little gem - La Belle Patate - for some authentic Poutine. Holy moly delicious!
[good thing "operation get back into my pre-pregnancy shape" started yesterday after all those yummy eats!!]
 While we were away Cruz of course was spoiled with a weekend with Gramma and Grandpa. Tired girl from runs on Nose Hill and by the river!
Sunday night we had a great family dinner at Mom and Dad's and Jeff, Jolie and Nana.

Yesterday I received the most thoughtful gift from my friend Kerri over at Kreative Corner Designs. (she is the superstar vinyl maker behind all the vinyls in our home and the giveaways we have done on the blog)
It's a family tree for the nursery (see our names in there)... I seriously love it!
She even made it grey to go with our nursery seeing as the nursery is pretty much all pink and grey! So very sweet. We already know where we will put in there so I will post it again once it's up!
THANK YOU SO MUCH Kerri!!
Get your own family tree -------> HERE.

Yesterday I also did my first workout since Delainey! Whoo hoo!
Jillian kicked my butt (Ripped in 30) and it felt great - Cruz was ridiculously excited for play time to have begun again too!
Yesterday:
 6 weeks and 1 day ago:
Thankfully Delainey slept the whole time!
Well that's it for now. 

Related Posts

18 comments:

Nikki said...

Sounds like a great weekend! You look awesome!

Pamela said...

SUCH a cute, happy baby!!

Ashley said...

Happy you are back! Glad you had a great trip, sounds like a nice place!! You look great!!! Are you sure that was you JUST 6 weeks ago?? Lol. I've started the pregnancy project!!

Leigh said...

Looks like you guys had a fun weekend away :) Love the family tree too. So nice of her to send that to you!

Kristin said...

Sounds like you had the perfect weekend!!

Kristin said...

Sounds like you had the perfect weekend!!

Murdock's mama said...

D is just PERFECT! And you look AWESOME mama!! :)

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

love love love. looked like a fantastic trip.
-whit

Tami said...

What an awesome weekend! The atmosphere of that bistro looks so amazing. And girl, you seriously did not JUST have a baby! How do you look so good already!?!

Bex said...

Sounds like the best weekend. You look so great, you don't even look like you just had a baby

Laurie @ Disney 'n Diapers said...

I love how often you guys get away together:) And that place looks amazing! Baby girl looks adorable as always!

Rachel Steck said...

How nice to get away, I'm glad you had a good time and that you were able to rest and relax. I love seeing Delainey's little changes! You look amazing and Cruz's happy face while you were working out - I love it!
xoxo
Rachel

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

What a great weekend away!! Glad you guys had fun and you got some time to relax!

Delainey is filling out so much!! She's getting sweeter everyday.

Yup I told you that belly would go away quick!! In no time you will be back to your pre preg shape!

Katie said...

yeah for working out again! you look awesome already :) and there have been many times i think we've scared my brother and wife of having a baby. thankfully there's lots of times she's super cute too! glad you had some time to relax - sounds like a good trip!

Leslie said...

That place in Canmore is one of favourites! It's so delicious.

Ashley said...

You look fantastic! Way to go girl :)

Lake Louise looks absolutely beautiful...I'm always jealous when my boss goes for a conference! Glad Delainey enjoyed most of the trip!

Kae said...

what an amazing weekend!!!!
sounds great : )
xxoo

Whit said...

You look amazing! And look at little D's chubby cheeks!!! Eeek so cute!! Sounds like it was an awesome little getaway!! xox
Ps. I want me some poutine. Does that fit into the diet plan ;)