{Heaven. With very little sleep}

/
42 Comments
Hello! :) I have been being meaning to post for days now but days just fly by and I will be honest -Delainey cuddles are way better then sitting down to write a blog post.
I have a sleepy helper today though...
I will do a full post on Delainey's birthday this week here but until then I'll catch you up on the last week. It has been amazing. I cannot believe she is 1 week old already!
*
A few details: My water broke on Monday morning (30th - day before my due date) as I was getting out of bed.
Long story short: When we got to the hospital we found out she was frank breech (surprise!!) so they prepped us for a c-section - no choice at that point.
Delainey was born at 1:09pm.
We came home around noon on Wednesday the 2nd.
{more details to come}
*
My Mom, Dad, Justin Mom and Whitney all came to meet her at the hospital a couple of times.
*
We have had lots of family that were eager to come visit and meet Delainey once we got home - it was so special introducing her to everyone. She is so loved.
Great Nana
Auntie Jolie
Cousin Emerson
Uncle Troy
 Auntie Crystal
 Cousin Nixon was more interested in cousin Cruz!
 Proud cousin
 Cousins!
My brother was out of town until Friday and he was SO excited to get home to meet little D. 
The feeling was mutual - can you see her cheering! :)
Leigh stopped by with beautiful flowers and a quick visit.
Kristen stopped by for some cuddles and to spoil miss D.
My Aunt & Uncle came to visit and bring flowers as well!
Thank you to Rachel - we enjoyed a delicious crock pot beef stew and home made biscuits for dinner on Saturday night she made for us!
*
She LOVES loves LOVES her Dad. I could not wait for this moment and it has been amazing to watch these two. He has a special touch with her and overall has been incredible. I don't know what I would do without him.
Tired mama and midnight through 6 am snuggles.
 Cruz is taking her job as big sister very seriously and she is doing great. She always has lots of kisses for her sister and likes to check in but doesn't seem to fazed by her.
 She loves being on Dad's chest.
 And being naked!
 She has taken a few naps with Dad.
 She went to her first 2 doctors appointments. She is doing so great for just a little thing (5lbs 10oz right now).
We went for our first family walk!
Mom, Dad and Justin went for a ride in Bragg Creek on Saturday so Delainey, Cruz and I had a lazy morning at home.
 We did some tummy time except she is a little inch worm and wants her butt up in the air!
 Cruz tried to help.
LOVE these 3. My whole heart in one photo!
She had her first bath...she wasn't a huge fan. Look at how small she is compared to J's hand!
 Her Dad got her dressed for her first dinner out to my parents house last night - he insisted she needed a bow in her fuzzy hair. :)
 Cuddles with Grampa
and Uncle Jeff
And clearly I have spent the last week taking photos. I cannot get enough and still have to remind myself she is ours. She is perfect and despite there being trying times, lack of sleep, many tears on my behalf - it has been one of the best weeks of my life. Without a doubt.

Related Posts

42 comments:

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

She is gorgeous! Congratulations!

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

awe i love! she is sooo tiny and adorable. keep up the good work momma!
-whit

Bex said...

Sorry that you had to have a csection. I hope you're feeling good and recover quick. Take it easy though!

She is just adorable. Enjoy the precious moments throughout the sleep deprivation. It goes so fast

Jennifer Golding said...

Oh my does she ever look like her Dad!! I can't get over how small, but perfect she is! Cruz looks like she is being a great big sister. All the best to you, I think of you often and am so thrilled for you.

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I have been waiting for the post! But knew you had MUCH better things than blogging to do. This post made me cry. I am so happy for you guys. I hope you have a speedy recovery too. She must have still go herself turned in there, silly girl. I love all the photos :) Don't worry about blogging right now and enjoy your little family.

Ashley said...

I think you should keep taking photos! Haha! She is soo sweet!! I am glad you are all settling in at home! I'm sure that there are tough times, but she is worth every minute. Your allowed to shed tears, it's a moms job!! Hope you are recovering and feeling better and that she is feeding better! Keep up the great work mama!!

Leigh said...

She is one loved little girl! Thank you again for letting us stop by and for letting me cuddle and hold her! :) If there is anything you guys need (even to take Cruz for a walk), you know you can always shoot me a text message :)

Ally Drees said...

Congratulations!! She is just precious! My daughter was also frank breech so I had an emergency c-section as well! Enjoy her!!

Joeylee said...

she is just the cutest! I love all the pictures of her sleeping on daddy's chest. I loved seeing our girls sleeping on there daddy's chest, so precious!

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

I am SO stinking happy for all of you--the looks on everyone (even Cruz's) faces are priceless. What a loved baby!! Keep being kind to yourself and enjoy it as much as you can!! I teared up the other day rocking Brooke in her rocker, (while feeding a bottle) and cannot believe how fast it all went by. Hormones are a biotch, but they'll level out. Much love your way xoxo

Tami said...

She is SO tiny!! She looks like a little doll. I am loving all of the pictures and the update. It sounds like you have settled right into motherhood!

Rebekah said...

What a sweet little love!! I'm so glad to read that things are going relatively well and she's such a tiny little girl! I love seeing Cruz in the pictures, I'm hoping Glenda adjusts just as well!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Oh my heavens CRUZ is adorable with her! Aweeeeee so sweet!

Tara said...

Congrats! She is precious! :)

Tara said...

Congrats! She is precious! :)

Laurie @ The Rookie Wife said...

OMG! She is so tiny and easily the cutest little thing ever:) Enjoy this time and don't stress about blogging. TRUST ME. It all goes by so fast!

Sarah @ Life, Love & Dinner said...

So glad all is well! What a precious little girl! I know the feeling, as my little one will be one week tomorrow. It has been so much easier (and preferred) to snuggle instead of doing anything else! Enjoy these times! It's already going by quick!

Ashley @ Words About Waverly said...

She is perfect, congrats!!!!!! :)

Danielle @ eating running living said...

Awww she is so dang adorable!! Congrats to you, Justin and Cruz!

Pamela said...

She is so tiny & perfect! :) love the picture of you looking at your dad while he is holding her at the hospital! So sweet & special!

Chrissy said...

She is absolutely beautiful!

Seriously?! said...

I am WEEPING!

Isla is screaming BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYBEE!

My heart bursts. Oh I love your happily ever after.

xox

Kae Muir said...

I am honestly teary eyed. I am so happy for you guys, and seeing her so precious.

so much love coming your way from wyoming. we loves!
xxoo

Ashley said...

Annnnd I have baby fever. You look great! She is such a little peanut, what a cutie :) I just love her fuzzy hair!!

Tennille said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Your little lady is so adorable. I can't wait to see more pictures of her :)

krink said...

LOVE the photo bomb week!!! <3 them all!!!
Xoxo

Melissa said...

She is so cute! Enjoy your time with her! Looks like she is a daddy's girl :) So sweet! Congratulations again!

Rachel Steck said...

She is beautiful. These photos are incredible. You will have great days, good days and some rough days; I remember how each day would be better than yesterday when my son was a baby. Keep taking pictures! Babies change so much so fast - plus all your blog friends (ME) love to see pictures!
xoxo
Rachel

Nikki said...

Ahhhh Alison she is GORGEOUS! So tiny! So happy for you guys! Cruz is adorable with her!

Gabriella said...

She is precious and perfect! So wonderful that so many people came to see Miss Delainey! Enjoy these moments with her!!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

As I was reading this post last night, I spilled tea all over my lap. I had sympathy water breaking! At least it was on the leather chair and not the couch!

So much love for this little girl! Looks like there is no shortage of visitors! I can't wait for my D snuggles when I'm better.

Glad to hear you are both healthy and recovery is going fairly well. She is such a doll and soooo tiny! It's hard to believe how much she will grow in the next year.

Enjoy every second with her, those middle of the night cuddles will be missed eventually. Hope you are getting lots of rest.

Love the Daddy/Delainey sleeping pictures! Actually I love every single photo! :)

Nicole [Haus of Harnois] said...

She is perfect! Congrats!!

Nicole [Haus of Harnois] said...

cute squishy little baby!! <3

Amber said...

I just love all these pictures of your baby girl

Kristin said...

Seriously loving all these pictures. I just love a dad and daughter combo, he looks so in love with his little girl. Thinking of you girl!

Courtney Kassner said...

I can't wait to read her birth story..sounds like quite a day! Glad you both are healthy and happy! She is just precious...and so tiny! I can't believe she's 4lbs smaller than Crew! haha

Natalie said...

She is so so cute!! I can't imagine how tiny she must be. She is almost half the size my second was at birth, ha!

Whit said...

Awe I love all the photos!! You did awesome mama!! :) xox

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

love her name!
YOURE A MOM!!!

Janna Renee said...

I'm seriously resisting the urge to fly up there to hold her! She is in the top 5 cutest babies that I have EVER seen! She stands out among all the babies, because there is something unique about her! She must get it from her mama ;) The pictures of them sleeping together just wrenched my heart!

Limefreckle said...

just checking in and see how much I've missed! She's so adorable, I can imagine how happy you are right now! Congrats to your family!

Courtney B said...

Those pjs are so cute, yay! I love all the sweet photos of her! I didn't take enough of Mia the first month of her life :( And it just flies by too quickly, not even fair! I'm still dying to read the birth story!
I'm still so happy for your sweet family! You're an amazing mom!