{Baby Black: Week 40}

/
13 Comments

{Since I was 1 day away from 40 weeks I had most of this ready to go and I don't want to forget anything so I'm posting it late! Italics are added this morning}
AND thank you so much for all your love and comments on our sweet girl yesterday. 

Last belly shots:
{never got a chance to do chalkboard or shirt photos}

Sunday (day before Delainey was born) during last workout!
Saturday night before bed belly from the front!
On the way to the hospital dropping Cruz off!

Highlights: 
We had a great weekend!
*I went to giant garage sale with Dad that Mom was volunteering at.
*Beautiful fall walks with our Cruzie girl.
*Mom, Jolie and I went to the Symons Valley Market. After finding out I was due in 2 days - Simon from Simple Simons pies gave me 2 chicken curry pies for free because he swore they bring on labour!! Never got a chance to test his claim! But I will still enjoy those pies.
*Went to customer appreciation night at the watering hole with Mom, Dad, Jolie & Jeff. It was fun and they has some amazing dueling pianos. We joked it may be my last night without baby and I never would have guessed we would meet Delainey the next day!
*Justin and I had 2 lazy nights at home. We had a appie night Friday and he made me ribs Saturday and watched:
*We also watched A LOT of episodes of Leave it to Brian on HGTV.

Feeling: 
Pretty good! Getting a few more cramps throughout the day now, not just at night. Saturday night I had THE BEST sleep - I fell asleep around 11:30am and didn't wake up until 6am to use the washroom! Amazing. BUT I was still exhausted. Back is feeling tired by the end of the night.

Baby Black: 
Size of a jack fruit?! Whatever that is. Continues to grow hair and nails. And lung development keeps improving too. Ready to meet us!!

What I'm wearing:
Gah. Getting dressed is not so fun. I LOVE the bump still - do not get my wrong but my legs feel like tree trunks and I just feel large. BUT I am enjoying my last few days with this big belly and all her kicks, hiccups and escape attempts through my belly button!

Workouts:
3
This is the reason I got 3 workouts in...she sits at the door after our afternoon walk and waits to go workout downstairs! I appreciate it but some days she just gets a "no Cruzie, Mom is toooo tired".

What I'm looking forward to:
HER BEING BORN!

Best moment of the week:
DELAINEY BEING BORN!

And here WE are at 40 weeks!! On miss D's due date. 

I will leave you with this poem because I love it,
a mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn.
one for every time you sucked your thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes and slept in the perfect darkness.
one for every time you had the hiccups.
one for every dream you dreamed with me.
it isnt very pretty anymore, some may even think its ugly.
thats OK.
it was your home.
it held you until my arms could, and for that i will always find something beautiful in it.
- cassie fox

Related Posts

13 comments:

Nikki said...

Awe crazy how one night you have a baby bump and the next you have a baby!

What workouts did you do?

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

No wonder your water broke- holy busy weekend!!

I can't believe she is here! 40 weeks minus 1 day sure went by fast! I love her due date photo!

And you looked pretty good on your way to the hospital! Did you have any contractions at that point? I can't wait for the full story!

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

awe love the poem
-whit

Ashley said...

How did you look that great in labor and after labor? Lol!! Soo happy she is here safe and sound!! Jealous that I can't meet her! We might have to facetime!!

Mom & Dad. (aka...Gramma & Grampa) said...

Isn't it amazing, after all those baby bump photos, we are now seeing Delainey photos. So precious. We can not tell you how happy we are to meet her and how well you and Justin are adjusting. Just shows how ready you both were to be parents. Love you!

Krysta said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Rachel Steck said...

Delainey is beautiful like her momma! What a wonderful post and what a sweet poem.
xoxo
Rachel

Whit said...

haha.. Only you would take a photo on your way to the hospital, haha.. you're hilarious! ;) You had a pretty awesome final few days before she came!! I'd say that's a great way to end your pregnancy and welcome Delainey! xox Whit
Ps. I love that poem too!!

Caroline said...

I hope I look as good as you. What brand workout tops were you wearing?

Ashley @ Words About Waverly said...

Love the poem, she is so sweet. :)

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

SO SWEET!

Janna Renee said...

Aaaaah!
#1 I LOVE the name you picked.
#2 I can't believe how calm you looked before going in.
#3 Your belly was sexy! No kidding.
#4 I love Life As You Know It!

Mandy said...

Love, love, love that poem!! So true!! And I still can't believe she came on the LAST day of September!! lol I know you're so glad you were able to document your pregnancy. Looking forward to hearing the birth story! :)