{1 month}

/
28 Comments

Delainey Brynn you are one month old!
This boggles my mind. It seems like we just brought her home. This month has been amazing - so tough, so exhausting yet so rewarding and so perfect. These are the days we dreamed of and waited for and they are by far better than I ever could have hoped for. 

{weight}
7 lbs on Thursday

{length}
21 inches

{sleep}
She sleeps in her Moses basket on the floor beside our bed. She sleeps well in it and lets us know when she is ready to eat - usually every 3-4 hours at night.
I no longer wear my glasses to sleep in. :) Milestones for mama. She is a noisy sleeper and makes lots squeaks and grunts in her sleep but I know them now so I am much more comfortable now letting myself sleep when she does.
I still can't nap during the day so the sleep I get at night is much appreciated. I do try and "rest" on the couch with her once a day though and I love those cuddle times.

{daily routine}
We don't have much of a routine we just go with the flow of what is happening each day. She is much more awake during the day now and for the most part very easy going [minus yesterday afternoon/evening!] We walk Cruz first thing in the morning and around 3:30pm each day. We do tummy time about twice a day - she tolerates it! We snuggle, read books and often have visitors each day. We are always happy when Dad gets home!

{feeding}
Great eater - she has been right from the beginning.
She was feeding every 3 hours as I still had to wake her for these feedings until we got her weight up. As of Thursday though I can now feed her on demand which is usually between every 3-4 hours day and night.
A few days after Delainey was born Whit introduced me to the iBaby Feed app and it is AMAZING. So easy to use and so handy. Tracks her feedings, reminds you when it's time to feed (this was was awesome when I had to feed every 3 hours) and which side to start on, tracks her diaper changes, now I can track how much I am pumping and how much she eats with a bottle. SO worth the $2.99

{diaper size}
newborn

{clothes}
Newborn clothes fit her perfectly. She is growing out of her premie and 5-7lb outfits. She wears a few 0-3 month things but for the most past those are all still really big on her.

{hair color}
very light brown

{eye color}
They are much more blue than the grey/blue they were when she was born.

{likes}
cuddles
eating
sleeping
when you talk to her
her giraffe

{dislikes}
diaper changes
baths
gas, burps, hiccups

{mommy & daddy}
We are great. We still are in awe that she is ours!
For the first 3 weeks of Delainey's life Justin would hangout with her/usually sleep with her on his chest after her feeding around 9 or 10pm and that gave me just over 2 hours of sleep where I wasn't worried about her! {And cuddle time on the bed with Cruz!} On weekends he would also take her in the morning too so I could sleep. I'm not sure I could have functioned had he not done this as I did not sleep well for a while there as I woke up and worried about each sound she made. I decided just over a week ago we no longer had to do this - especially cause Justin had to get up early for work and I felt bad and it has been just fine.

I am healing well from the c-section. The incision still bugs me in one area that is swollen but it is looking really good. I was cleared to drive and workout [minus running and high impact stuff] on Thursday. Driving has been so nice to have back [thank you to my Mom & Dad who drove Delainey and I to her weekly appointments, helping with Cruz and for doing some house cleaning]. I told myself before miss D was born I would give myself 6 weeks before working out so that is still my plan - even though I have been itching to workout since day 15. At this point I am happy with doing my 2 walks with Cruz each day.

{cruz}
Big sister is doing great. She loves our long walks and still is making us proud and walking so nicely with the stroller. She loves having me home all day and getting to come up on the bed for family cuddles! We love this girl so much.

{nick names}
monkey
little miss
love


{moments to remember}
These last 30 days have all been moments to remember. They have been some of the toughest moments but easily the best moments.
Her umbilical cord fell off on Day 11.
Took her first bottle of my milk with Justin last night like a champ! (this is my pump and I recommend it so far)
I wear her for our morning walk now and she goes in the stroller for the second.
[We have this stroller and I LOVE it - even in heavy snow it has been great going up hill and through crusty dried snow]
She has met so many people that love her!

We love you miss Delainey Brynn - so incredibly much. We are so lucky to be your parents and look forward to each new day and milestone with you. You have made our lives complete in so many ways and make us proud with each "new thing" you do. We love your silly faces, grunts and squeaks. You have seen me tear up more than you ever thought possible I am sure but it's only because I am amazed at the little person you are and that you are ours. It's amazing how much can change in a year and I am so thankful for that.

Related Posts

28 comments:

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I cannot believe its been a month either!
She seems like a pretty happy, content little girl :)
Thanks for sharing your pump. I am trying to decide which one to get but waiting to make sure I get milk first. I intend to pump so that I (or us both) can still have some time away from baby. I know they say to introduce the bottle around the 3-4 mark.
And that is great news that you can do light workouts and drive now. I hope your incision continues to heal well.

Ashley said...

1 month!! Where did time go?? Lol! Can we just freeze time when they are that small!! Glad the first month has gone well though! I just got the medela pump in style. I hear medelas are the best to get!

Jennifer Golding said...

So happy to see she is doing so well, and that Cruz is too! Thank you for posting about the stroller, I was going to ask you which one you purchased. We recently found out we are expecting (in May) and I am researching all things baby like a crazy woman!!!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

It has not been a month! No way!!

Sounds like everyone has been adjusting really well and Miss D is a dream baby! I'm so happy for you guys! I just love all the pictures of her!

I love that her hair matches Justin's!

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I didn't start pumping/offering a bottle until 7 weeks and I definitely regret that. I think it was more difficult having waited that long, both for me in terms of my supply (it had already regulated) and for A to take the bottle. I will be trying around 3-4 weeks with this baby. I have that pump too and it's great.

Megan C said...

Time really flies! She is growing so much!!

Rebekah said...

I can't believe it's been a month already! It sounds like you all are doing just perfect. I'm itching for this boy to arrive just because I'm that much closer to getting back to a regular workout routine!

Murdock's mama said...

PS...love the onesie sticker & all of the photos! :)

Mom said...

Such a great blog post. So proud of all you for adjusting so well. Even Cruzie!!
XOXO

Sarah @ Life, Love & Dinner said...

It is going by so quickly. How awesome that Cruz is such a good big sister! Glad to hear you are all doing well!

Kae Muir said...

I can't believe she is 1 month! It does seem like she was just born!
She is so beautiful!
You and J are such wonderful parents, and Cruz girl is such a good big sister.
xxoo lots of love from WYO

krink said...

Love the pics! Can't believe it's been one month already! Wow time flies!!!
Xoxo

Seriously?! said...

One month!!!! Oh Alison, it goes so quickly. Video tape every little squeek...you forget what they sound like! ;) I remember being like that in the night too. Oh the grunting and me tossing with worry. Ha!

I wish, wish, wish I could snuggle her and give you the hugest hug! She is such a blessing. My heart still bursts for you...

xo

Katie said...

so sweet! and crazy it's been a month! chris did the same thing where he'd stay up till her next feeding and those few hours of non worrying sleep were great and so important!! i think i need that app -i still write down in my phone when she eats - wonder when I should give that up? :) so glad she is doing well and is so cute! :)

Laurie @ Disney 'n Diapers said...

LOVE this post. She is SO tiny and precious. So glad both mom and baby are doing well. I laugh every single time I hear somebody say "Sleep when the baby sleeps" YEAH. right. Because I never need to go to the bathroom, eat, or gather a few precious seconds alone to gather my thoughts! I can't believe it's been a month already. Savanna is a noisy sleeper too. Must be a new baby thing;) She turned 5 months old this past Sunday. Crazy.

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

happy one month pretty girl!

Ashley @ Words About Waverly said...

She is the sweetest, happy one month!!!!

Rachel Steck said...

Happy one-month Miss Delainey! You are a very special little girl and everyone loves you so much!
xoxo
Rachel

Christy said...

Happy One Month to all four of you! It's so heartwarming to see<3

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

cute cute cute. that month went by sooo fast!
-whit

Leigh said...

Can't believe she is a month already! :)

Joeylee said...

A month old already, how is that possible! She is adorable

Natalie said...

She is so beautiful! I an't believe its been a month! I'm glad you guys are settling in and getting into the hang of things :)

Jessica said...

Glad you're healing well!!! Stick to your 6 week plan - do it!! ;)

Kristin said...

I love her! And Cruz! Haha. Have a great weekend girl

Nicole [Haus of Harnois] said...

She's so freaking cuuuutteeee! :D

Courtney B said...

Oh I love her! I can't believe she's already a month!! It goes too fast.
Remind me which etsy you got her bow headband from in the first couple of pictures. I'm seriously in love with it and Mia needs some :)

Laura Darling said...

She is so adorable! I love her hair! And her name is so pretty.

Janna Renee said...

I knew he would be an awesome daddy and help you out ;) Y'all just make a great team!!