yesterday...

/
27 Comments
seems like just yesterday.
we were sitting in the fertility clinic {again} waiting for our next step.

seems like just yesterday.
that I cried all the way home because I wasn't sure I was strong enough or ready for yet another step.

seems like just yesterday.
that we got the call that it was go time for our IUI and that Justin was jabbing me in the tummy with drugs cause I couldn't do it myself.

seems like just yesterday.
that 18 days seemed like the longest wait in the history of ever ever even after waiting 26 months to get there.

seems like just yesterday.
that I got up early that Saturday morning and saw the words pregnant and then 2-3 weeks. The words I wasn't sure I would ever see on my own pregnancy test.

seems like just yesterday.
that I woke up my very sick hubby and shoved the peed on stick in his face while I cried the happiest tears that have ever escaped my eyes.

seems like just yesterday.
that we repeated the same steps as above the next morning just to make sure.

seems like just yesterday.
that we lived a dream and excitedly announced we were {finally} pregnant to our family and friends.

seems like just yesterday
that I thought my belly looked big here...ha

it really does all just seem like yesterday...
and here we are 39 weeks pregnant with 7 DAYS left until our DAUGHTER's due date.

these past 39 weeks have been a dream. I have truly loved every minute of carrying our baby in my belly and getting to know her from the inside. I always said I would savor every moment and appreciate every second of pregnancy if I was ever able to experience it and I have. there is ABSOLUTELY no doubt about that.
There are no words to accurately describe it. I am so thankful. So excited. So over the moon giddy. And feel so lucky to have been given these 9 months with this girl growing and getting ready to come meet us - her family. Justin and I have said it over and over how thankful we are for modern medical technology that made this all possible for us - despite all the waiting, tears, pain, stress, costs - it was ALL worth it and I would go through it all again to get to this place right now.

all those yesterdays were SO WORTH THE WAIT. 

Related Posts

27 comments:

Leigh said...

This baby girl is so loved already! I can't wait for her to join the world and to be able to finally meet her. Plus for you and Justin to finally hold her in your arms :)

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

love this post. so worth each and every bit of it for you guys.
-whit

Laura Wilson said...

I just started following your blog a few weeks ago and I just can't imagine how excited you must be! I am eagerly awaiting the big news!

Tara said...

This is so touching! I'm a newer follower to your blog. Best wishes in these last few days before your daughter arrives!

Tara said...

This is so touching! I'm a newer follower to your blog. Best wishes in these last few days before your daughter arrives!

Murdock's mama said...

This is such an incredible post. I'm in tears knowing that you are one of the fraction of people that actually felt blessed no matter how uncomfortable you were {are}. It has been so special to view pregnancy through your eyes. Baby Black is so, so blessed! And I couldn't think of a more perfect couple for this baby girl!!! :)

Ashley said...

Perfectly written! As much I will never forget our chats, journeys or struggles, both of us being here in this moment right now, makes it all worth it.

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Aww such a great post! I am over the moon happy for you guys, and cannot wait for Baby Black to get here! You two deserve this so, so much.

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

You really should put disclaimers on your posts! You made me cry!!
I am so thrilled for you two! You are going to be the best parents to your little girl. You have the best attitude and appreciation for everything you have gone through to get to this point. If only everyone could have your outlook on life.

Courtney Kassner said...

This is such a sweet post. It really has flown by, hasn't it?!

I was just looking at my 19-20 weeks pictures when I thought I was "huge"...haha!

Wifessionals said...

I'll be thinking of you and waiting to see updates!!! The past 9 months really have flown by and I have loved having other bloggers all due the same week as me to go through it with!!! (:

Cami said...

I have been away for so long - and this post brought tears to my eyes. I am so incredibly hapy for you and hubs. <3

Christy said...

I really hope I can be you one day <3 congrats!

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

i am so happy to read this :)
i am so happy that you and i are blessed to have this story and give other women hope. it was so fun to be pregnant with you - and now i cant wait to be moms with you!
time really does fly! xo

Ashley said...

Allison this post made me so teary. So incredibly happy for you and justin!

Ashley said...

Yes!!! worth every minute of the wait! and shots!

Kae Muir said...

this post made me cry! I am so happy for you and Justin and Cruz.

I can't wait for Baby Girl Black to make her appearance! She will be perfection!
loves. xxoo

Laurie @ The Rookie Wife said...

it will be SO worth it. I promise!! Can't wait to see her!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

First off, happy belated birthday! With all the traveling I have been doing lately, I am so behind on blog reading.

I am so happy for you and Justin. This baby is going to be so loved and appreciated. I know you will look down at her when you meet her and know she was worth the wait!!

Ashley @ Words About Waverly said...

Love this, so excited for you!!!!

Rachel Steck said...

What a beautiful post. I am SO happy and SO excited for you and I can't wait to see what little Miss Black looks like and see her in your arms. Love love love you and I think of you each morning when I'm getting ready for work, wondering if little miss has arrived yet. Gaaaaahhhhhh!! I can't wait and I'm just so happy for you, Justin, Cruz, and the rest of your family and friends.

xoxo
Rachel

Jessica said...

I can't believe she's almost here!!

Leslie said...

I am so excited for you guys :)
Your post brought tears to my eyes - happy tears

Gabriella said...

This post made me cry. You are amazing! I can't wait for your little girl to be here. You are going to be an incredible Mom!!! Hugs!

Mandy said...

What a precious post!! I don't even know you personally (although sometimes through our comments/email exchanges I feel like I do!) I am so beyond thrilled for you and the excitement that is yet to come for you. The happy tears that you will cry the moment you hear her cry, see her face.....it's the single most amazing experience you will ever have in your life!! And how awesome that you can look back and know that you appreciated every day that this sweet girl grew inside of you. It's the only way to be when you are blessed with creating another little person!! SO happy for you and can't wait for you to announce when she makes her arrival....next Tuesday!! ;)

Nic at Haus of Harnois said...

What a blessing. SO happy for you guys. She's almost here!

▼▼▼ Nic ▼▼▼

Whit said...

Love this post SO much!! You have come such a long way and i am SOOOO proud of you AJ!!! You are a champion of thinking positive and keeping your hope and now we are a week away from meeting little baby B. Love her already!! **tears** xox