{Pregnancy Must Haves}

/
13 Comments
I was incredibly lucky to have an easy and enjoyable pregnancy. I can honestly say I have loved every minute of it. My body did not want to get pregnant on it's own but loved being pregnant - go figure!
I thought I would share some things that I consider MY pregnancy must haves for those who may be newly pregnant or plan to be in the future! :)
{In no specific order...}

* Palmers Cream 

& Palmers Butter
I have used the cream every morning and the butter almost every night - chest to butt! I also used a butter my SIL Crystal made for me or coconut oil - they both were really oily so I would only use those if I was going to be at home for a while and could just hangout in my sports bra but loved them too.

* Speaking of sports bras - I lived in these flow y bras from lululemon all summer and the minute I am home from having to wear a "real outfit" these go back on! 

* A handsome, helpful and understanding husband. This one is all mine so you will need to find your own. ;)

* A good water bottle {although Justin hates it now cause it has started leaking}.
This one to be exact. My MIL Debbie gave it to me and it doesn't leave my side when I am at home or in the car and I fill it MANY times a day. I am ALWAYS thirsty. With that said, always know where a handy bathroom is too.

* Healthy snacks in my purse - Lara bars, Clif bars or Luna Bars were my go to's for when I NEEDED a snack NOW and would often eat half and be good. And some taste just like a chocolate bar if you need something sweet.



* Extra pillows for sleeping. I never bought a pregnancy pillow, I was already annoying enough to share a bed with (baby snores apparently!) I didn't want to add a pillow the size of another person to the bed! But I did use 2 extra pillow (one to hug, one between my knees) throughout my pregnancy and just recently I sometimes use part of a wedge pillow Crystal lent me for the belly and sometimes now a pillow to prop my burning feet up - ha. So yes - I now add enough pillows for 2 extra people. oh well. 2ish weeks babe. :)

* Long, comfy tanks. They are great for layering for work and were worn ALL summer long!


* My nightly book
& Fit Pregnancy or Pregnancy & Newborn magazines.

*Costco Tuff yoga tights in the crop and long version - I have lived in these this summer. They are $16.99, so comfy and very comparable to lululemons {I just fold them down under the belly} and they have grown with me thankfully!

* Spikey ball for when my back is sore.

* Workout DVDs - I was nervous at first to do anything that may harm the baby but knew I wanted to keep up with my workout routine. After finding out I was pregnant I did finish the ChaLEAN Extreme program that I was doing as I figured I had been able to get pregnant while doing it, I should be ok to stay pregnant while doing it PLUS my doctor gave me the ok to continue anything I had done prior to getting pregnant so long as I felt good.
I swear keeping up with my workouts helped the way I felt and still feel in enormous amounts!! Energy wise, aches and pains as well as making it easier to see that I had gained 8lbs in 3 weeks knowing I was still working out at least! ha
My favorites were:
and still are - these are the workouts I am still doing along with Crunch Mama Yoga.

*A fabulous photographer that you love and trust to help you document the most exciting 9+ months of your life!
That's all I can think of at the moment... :)
***

AND today I must wish my beautiful, strong, fit, loving Mom an amazing birthday.
I have the best role model for a Mom and cannot wait to make her a Gramma again (because they have been Gramma and Grampa since Cruz came along). ;)
Hope you and Dad have an amazing day, a good little getaway to Jasper and we will celebrate when you are in town.
We love you so much. XOXO

Related Posts

13 comments:

Katie said...

i agree with the sports bras like that and tanks! and the extra pillows!

Leigh said...

Love those bras from Lululemon! I have one and need more. Well, want is more like it :) Do those tights come in packages or are they sold separately at Costco? I want a pair :) Keeping this list handy for when my turn comes :)

Leigh said...

ps- happy birthday to your awesome Mom as well :)

Courtney Kassner said...

These are all great. That spikey ball looks pretty good right now too!

Recently Roached said...

:)
I agree with all these things! :) Granny panties and sports bras for the win!

Wifessionals said...

I loved my Luna bars, lotion, sports bras, water bottle and old navy tanks too (:

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

I love the flow y bras.

I actually just bought some Luna bars- they are pretty good. I need to get better at having food in my purse. I start to feel really sick/hungry on the way home from work and it doesn't make for a good evening.

What kind of water bottle is that? I need one a new one for work.

I have a sample of that Palmers cream but don't think I've tried it. I'll have to look for it. I'm not nearly as diligent putting on the lotion this time which is going to hurt me in the long run. MUST REMEMBER!

I tried looking for the tights at Costco but I don't think I looked very hard. I just saw the 2 packs for $16.99. They might be gone now since it's almost fall.

Yes, an awesome photographer is essential!

I tried the Pure Barre workout last night- ouch! If I can look like her I'll continue with it but it's so different from anything I've ever done before.

Erin @ Keep Calm and Sparkle said...

LOVE Palmers!!! I lather in it twice daily!!! So far no stretch marks - even though I know you can't prevent them I like to think I can!! LOL!! I always have granola bars in my purse and the hubs makes fun of me. A preggo girl has to eat at random times!!

HA!!!

Rachel Steck said...

I love reading your updates and am just super-excited and so looking forward to reading when baby girl has arrived! You have had an amazing pregnancy and you and Justin will be wonderful parents. And Cruz will be the BEST big sister ever. Too bad I'm so far away but I'm thankful for your blog and your friendship.

xoxo
Rachel

Natalie said...

Love your list! Can't wait to see that sweet baby. Oh, and I'm 6 months post partum and still sleep with all of my pillows haha! I think I need to wean myself off of them ;)

Nic @ Haus of Harnois said...

I seriously did not understand the necessity of a good water bottle until becoming pregnant!

Jessica said...

Great list!!!

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

love love love. noted.
-wHiT