{1st day Monday}

/
14 Comments

Friday
We had a Welcome back BBQ after school so it was a nice last day event, I could say goodbye to many parents and staff. I sure am lucky to have such an amazing little family at work - everyone is so excited about this babe.
Goodbye work!
Justin went downhill riding with Mr. D so Cruz and I went for a beautiful walk (this weather we are getting is FaaaABulous!!) then we cleaned the house top to bottom and finished the nursery. Justin had a great time riding - it was his first time downhilling this summer he has only been out cross country so he was happy guy.

Saturday
Justin was out all day helping Darren build his garage again - they spent 2 nights this past week working on it too so they are making good progress.
And I had Lily over for the day. It was such a beautiful day so we spent most of the day outside. We also went out for lunch and did yoga - she even joined me for some moves and held my belly for some as she said the baby was falling down. ;)
Saturday night I went for dinner with Leigh, Nicole, LindseyBecky (and Liam). It was great to catch up with all of them. We missed those who were under the weather or out of town though. Next time. :)
I was exhausted when I got home so Cruz and I curled up in bed waiting for J to get home. When he did he mentioned the "W" word - so we took Cruz for a late night walk. I have to add that she is a little spoiled and went for 4 walks on Saturday! 1 early morning with me, 1 when Lily arrived at 10, 1 before Lily left and then the late night one (maybe this was why I was so tired too)!!

Sunday
Justin went to watch World Cup Bike with Mr. D and I got groceries then prepped dinner for Jolie's birthday dinner and made energy bites. I just threw together this recipe with what I had and they turned out darn tasty.
 I was feeling pretty tired so tried napping but had no such luck. This girl had no trouble of course!
That afternoon Justin did an oil change and worked on the deck.
Then Jeff and Jolie came over for dinner and we celebrated Jolie's birthday!! We had a good dinner and I made a peanut butter cup ice cream cake for dessert.

Today I don't go to work...strange. I checked my work email. I need to let go.
I went to the dentist {again} this morning, I was in a couple weeks ago for a cleaning and apparently I had chipped front tooth?! Who knew. So they did a quick fill, no freezing was needed so it was ok to have it fixed pre-baby.
Then Cruzie has her yearly check up and shots this afternoon - poor thing has been to the vet so much this summer I hate to put her through another trip but it's that time of year. Her ears are ALL better though - thank goodness. Darn lake water.

Well that's it! :) Happy Monday all.

Related Posts

14 comments:

Erin @ Keep Calm and Sparkle said...

LOVE those energy bites!! I use to eat them all the time...so ready to be able to have them again!!!

Ashley said...

Happy first day home on mat leave!! Ugh I hate the dentist!! I really should go though! Sounds like an awesome, yet busy weekend!! I'm jealous of your weather! Mother Nature must have the provinces mixed up lol!

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

come on baby!!! ;)
-wHiT

Nikki said...

Yum! Those energy bites sound delish!
xoxo,
Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

Leigh said...

Gah, I hate the dentist! Hope the vet goes well for Cruz :) Love that reflection shot of your belly :)

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Thanks for the energy balls recipe! I have most of those ingredients so I'm going to whip some up!

I love the shadow picture of you and Cruz! Soon it will be a stroller, skinny mommy and Cruz!

It was so nice to catch up on Saturday- always love a girls' night.

Hope your dentist visits and Cruz's vet visits are done for awhile!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

It was great to see you this weekend! You look great :)
I just chipped a tooth too! Ack. I was not sure if I should go in now or wait. I should probably call. Fun times.

Bex said...

Count down until baby starts now!

Was so nice to see you. We will have to do another girls get together after the babies come!

Rachel and John said...

I love pregnant shadow photos! I can't wait to see the nursery! And I hope you enjoy your last few weeks before baby! Not that you won't enjoy your days WITH baby. Just it's different. But awesome.

Gabriella said...

Lily and Cruz look so happy in the yard! Homie gets spoiled with lots of walks too. It makes up for the guilt of leaving him home alone all day. I am going to make those energy bites, stat!!

Nic @ Haus of Harnois said...

Glad you're getting a chance to sit and relax. Boo to the dentist! I've never had a fear of them but I've also never liked going to them either! Only thing I like is my ridiculously squeaky clean teeth afterwards!

Mandy said...

Enjoy being off of work now before baby girl arrives! I love it that you guys "spoil" Cruz! They're just like our children aren't they?!

Jessica said...

She said "baby is falling"?? Sounds like baby could be coming SOON ;)
Hahaha

Rachel Steck said...

I love that shadow picture of you and Cruz! I'm so glad her ears are better, what a relief. Enjoy your time off!

xoxo
Rachel