{Last lake trip before baby}

/
15 Comments
As always when it comes to weekends at the lake (well most weekends really) I really didn't want this one to end.
It was all just too perfect. The weather was beyond amazing!! We had 2 big family dinner with over 20 of us 2 nights in a row. Jeff and Jolie were out with us and Jeff had 3 friends out and were are a riot. We laughed a lot. We spent lots of time with family. We ate delicious food. Baby Black was celebrated with our Seba family. It was all just so good.
These 2 cuties also enjoyed the weekend. They are too cute together.
Last coffee on the deck  - next time baby Black will be in my arms not in my belly! Sqeeeaaalll! :)
Just and I went for a nice kayak Saturday morning.

Cruz greeting us!
Saturday afternoon my Auntie Cathy hosted a shower for little miss with over 30 of our lake friends and family.
Mom's cute clothes line of clothes!
Auntie Cathy & I.
Myself and all baby Black's loot!
Delicious eats! Thank you to Mom and Nana for helping out with food!
Mom turned Nana's famous chocolate cake into a onesie!
My incredible family!
Jolie, Auntie Cathy, Nana, me, Mom.
It was overwhelmingly wonderful. It's still surreal that this is all for OUR baby! It's crazy - crazy wonderful! But we really appreciated all she did for this shower and for hosting it in general. We are so very lucky to have so many friends and family members who love this little girl already and are so excited to meet her! 

Saturday night we were all treated to an incredible authentic Mexican dinner hosted by Uncle Gary. I wished I had 2 stomachs to fit more and more into my belly. 
This cutie is Auntie Patti's new baby! Ashley and Amanda surprised her with "her" Saturday afternoon. She is beyond adorable and still nameless since she was a surprise!
Saturday night everyone went to the dance except this preggo and her hubby. We cuddled on the couch while watching a bike video and were in bed by midnight!
Cruz and her castle.
Sunday Dad and Justin went for a kayak while I went for a paddle board.
Justin found a new trail so he was a happy boy and rode it 2 days in a row.
Sunday night Mom and Dad hosted a big Italian spaghetti dinner! Dad made Grandad's pasta sauce recipe and it was just delicious!! I had a full plate and had to have an extra helping of just sauce afterwards it was so good.
That night we had a bonfire and all just hung out - as always lots of laughs were had!!

Monday morning Cruz required lots of extra kisses up on the bed. ;) At least I thought she did!
Beautiful morning AGAIN!
I went for a wake up swim!
More kissses!
Justin took another floating belly pic like Mom did last weekend.
My loves!!
I took this photo as you can see J's shirt brand Santa Cruz and our Cruz in the back ground. She was named after this bike company. :)
Justin's daily kayak!
Last bump shot at the lake!!
Dad in the squirt!
On the way home...June is high maintenance!
Cruz all cuddled up.
And then just like that 3 days were done and done. :(
Le sigh....

Related Posts

15 comments:

Ashley said...

Sounds and looks like you made the very best of your last weekend up there before the baby comes!! Love that last pic of Cruz and the bump!! Love that they threw you a shower!!! Any items you recommend?

Leigh said...

Ah looks like such a fabulous weekend! Beautiful weather, delicious food, lots of laughs, great family, and a baby on board....what more can you ask for?! :)

Laurie @ The Rookie Wife said...

Sounds amazing!!! I'm glad you got to enjoy it.. fall and winter will be here before we know it. And so will that baby;) xoxo

Mandy said...

What a beautiful place!! Looks like your baby girl got tons of cute stuff and that you guys had a wonderful long weekend! When are you due again?

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I love the onesie cake! I am glad you had one great last weekend before the baby arrives! Looks like it was very relaxing and so much fun! Seeing these pictures makes me miss my parents' lake home even more!! There is just nothing like being at the lake.

Nikki said...

1. I have said it a few times and I will say it again you are so freaking cute preggo! LOVE it!

2. You are gonna be a fabulous mother!

3. Lake weekend I am jealous! So glad you got to enjoy one last weekend before Baby Black!

4. Did y'all pick a name?

Wifessionals said...

How fun! I wish we could have taken a trip SOMEWHERE before baby, but everything around us is higher elevation (ie, it could put me in pre-term labor). It looks like you had a lot of fun!! Less than 30 days to go!

Jessica said...

How wonderful! You look fantastic as usual lady ;)

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

What a perfect last weekend at the lake! So much delicious food and good company! That's so nice that they had a baby shower for you- I bet little miss was spoiled with lots of cute clothes and toys!

I love Jolie's dress!

I seriously like Juno! And that cute little puppy!! And CRUZ!!!

Wow- the countdown is really on!

Whitney Meza said...

awe! you are sooooo close! :)
-wHiT

Murdock's mama said...

What an awesome weekend!! :) LOVE all the photos! :)

Caroline said...

I love the dress you wore to your shower. So beautiful!

Pamela said...

Love the floating boating picture!! You look great in that dress!

Rachel Steck said...

What an amazing weekend!! And think, next time you're at the lake...you'll have little Miss Black with you!!!!!!!!!!!! Squeal!

xoxo
Rachel

Whit said...

Sounds like such an amazing weekend!! Perfect way to end the summer!! What a cute shower too! I missed the paddle board and the kayak rides :( next summer!! xox