{Her Room}

/
38 Comments
I have been excited about creating this nursery since the minute Justin said he was ready for a baby. Which means I had a nursery pictured in our old house.
When we still had no baby on the way and decided to move I had a hard time picturing a nursery in our new home because I just didn't want to get my hopes up.
But the minute that all changed I had a private pinterest board filled with nursery ideas and a note book with lists of must haves!

So when we found out this baby was a girl it was go time! Justin and I both really wanted her room to be girly which was very easy for me and I was shocked to hear Justin actually say things like "it's not really girly enough" or for him to have opinions on shades of pink and chandeliers - but I LOVED it. This nursery has really been a joint venture and it's just what I imagined! It was a dream come true putting it all together for her.

I have to say I think it's much prettier in person - it's a small room so hard to photograph and I don't think the color is spot on but without further ado - here is Miss Black nursery.

Old barn window frame: Pier 1
DIY Pink frame: Thrift store and I painted it pink
Gallery wall
{shelves: ikea, farm window: mom found at the thrift store for me, vinyl of the first letter of her name is covered by the pink post-it on the mirror: Kreative Corner Design}
Justin did an awesome job on the paint and the stripes! LOVE that wall.
 Chandelier: Ikea
 DIY mobile made by me. {Post to come on all DIY projects}
Door print was custom made for us c/o Little Laws Prints.
{Shhhh...let her sleep for when she wakes she will move mountains}
Hooded blanket from Auntie Jolie.
Curtain: Target (I hemmed it from almost floor length)
Butterflies were purple from $rama so I painted them pink and glittered them!
Butterfly curtain rod: Target
Clothes pegs to hang up blankets or sleep sacs: Target $ bin 
{Idea is Whitney's she has the same thing in East's room and I love that he uses them himself now!}
Toy bin: Superstore
 Lamp: Home Sense
Dresser: DIY by Justin - IN LOVE with this piece he did.
Changing pad cover: Etsy - not happy with the color - it is much more taupe then grey. Lesson learned - read the feedback on etsy shops. Oh well.
{most likely will be used more on the floor then the dresser}
 Book shlelves: Ikea spice Racks
Basket: Home sense that I decorated
 DIY doily alphabet & READ letters
 Cutest little housecoat ever: Auntie Jolie {Joe Fresh}
Custom "You are Beautiful" vinyl: Kreative Corner Design
 Photo frame with clothes pegs: Pier 1
Butterfly shadow box: DIY
 Lab pillow: c/o Nest 2 Impress
Rocking chair: Kijiji and then Justin distressed it and my MIL Debbie recovered the pillow.
{I saw this months ago and decided it was something we would buy for little miss because whenever I see giraffes I think of Justin's Gramma - every time I saw her she would tell me how much she loved giraffes and tell me a story about the zoo so we picked this up last week (it plays 4 soothing sounds)}
Joe Fresh Rattle Teddy
Crib sheet: Babies R Us
 DIY table
 Sweet big sister!
DIY Crib skirt: I made from one of the same curtain panels as her curtain
 Her closet! Girl already has more clothes than her mama! Impressive.
Every little girl needs a perfect pull up on her door! :)
There we have it. I just hope she loves it as much as we do.
A huge thank you to Justin for working so hard on this for me - I had many 'visions' and he was the one to execute them. And nothing was easy. He had to totally rewire the electrical for the chandelier to make it roof height, the paint job for the rocker and dresser was many steps and time consuming, the stripe was was done to perfection - and the list goes on and on. So thank you. I love you.

Related Posts

38 comments:

Leigh said...

Love, love, love how it turned out! Everything is perfect :) Now you just need baby girl to come to put her in it :)

Jennifer Golding said...

So excited to finally see all your hard work, it is beautiful! Little Miss Black is one lucky baby for sure! Wishing you well with the last little while before she makes her debut.

Kelly said...

It looks sooooooooo amazing!! GREAT job making the small space SO sweet and personal!! I bet you just adore spending time in there :-) Are the $ Spot clips recent? They're too cute!!

Pamela said...

ALLISON. This is pure perfection!! LOVE the dresser! He did great!!

Tennille said...

I don't even know what part I love the most... it all looks so amazing!

Rebekah said...

I love that Justin had such an opinion on her room! It looks wonderful! I love the butterflies, if we ever have a little girl I've always pictured her having butterflies incorporated into her room!

Murdock's mama said...

AHH...LOVE IT! So pretty! It's just perfect!! :)

Erin @ Keep Calm and Sparkle said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!! Soooo pretty and sweet!!

Jessica said...

It's beautiful!!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Awe this is so cute! Looks so cozy!

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

i love i love i love! simply perfect for her!
-wHiT

Rachel Steck said...

The nursery is absolutely beautiful. I love every detail. The DIY mobile is perfection, it might just be my favorite thing in the room. Besides Cruz.
You did an amazing job - what a lucky little girl!
xoxo
Rachel

Chrissy said...

GORGEOUS!!! I have been waiting to see this!

Gabriella said...

This is amazing! It turned out so perfect! I love the reading corner, and the butterflies are so cute! I could go on and on. Simply beautiful! :)

Ashley said...

Looks great Allison!!

Michelle said...

I've been waiting for this post! LOVE it! I seriously have checked twice today to see when you would post! So cute! And we are doing our Master bedroom in grey so I'm going to have lots of questions for you :) Love it Alison!

Mama B said...

LOVE everything!! You did such a great job! :)

Nic @ Haus of Harnois said...

What little girl wouldn't love that room? I'm an adult and I would totally take that room in a heartbeat! :)

xoxo
nic

Ashley said...

Oh it is just perfect!! I think my Favorite part is the mobile!!! I was thinking of doing the twigs, but haven't figured out what to hang from it yet! Love how you incorporated the butterfly's in her room!! Great job!!

Wifessionals said...

I love it! It looks great. I might have to steal the spice rack idea for books. (:

Nikki said...

LOVE IT!

Bex said...

Wow that is so beautiful! And I like that it's not babyish so she can transition without having to redo it! Awesome job.

I can't believe how full that closet is!! I sent your package on Tuesday so hopefully you get it soon. A couple additions to that closet ;-)

I have the same pullup bar, it almost went on Liam's door too!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful room!!! It looks amazing and she will love it!

We have the same giraffe and love it!! My son is 19 months old and its perfect to drown out sounds so they can sleep!!

Megan C said...

Adorable! It turned out great! Now all it's missing is baby!

Rachel and John said...

It's so beautiful!! She will totally love it. Wonderful job Alison (and Justin)!!

Courtney Kassner said...

I love it! It all turned out perfectly and I'm sure Baby Black will love it for years to come!

Joeylee said...

Awe her room turned out so cute. I love the pink & grey

Mom and Dad said...

Oh my goodness... It turned out SO nice. You and Justin worked very hard to transform the room and it is perfect. Little Miss Black is one lucky girl and will love her room for many years.

krink said...

LOVE <3!!!

Sarah @ Life, Love & Dinner said...

Adorable!! I love the little details! So perfect! Where are the chevron baskets in the closet from?

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

How did I miss this post earlier today?! I love, love it! So perfect :) All the little details are so great, and you are so talented with all the DIY projects. Something I cannot say for myself.
And people bug me about my closet, look at her her clothes, such a lucky little baby!
Great job :)

Mandy said...

Alison it's absolutely beautiful!!! So classic and girly! We used pink and grey in Ann Elise's nursery also and I still love that combo! Love the reading nook, that accent wall too! She is one lucky little girl and she will love being able to look back one day and see what a beautiful job you guys did! The only thing missing is her now!!

Laura said...

what a beautiful nursery! You've done such a fantastic job!! I love how the drib fits perfectly in that little section of the room and i LOVE the little reading area!

Michelle said...

This is beautiful! I really love the dresser.

Tami said...

Everything about it is just perfect!! I am absolutely in love with that dresser, the stripes, the curtains... EVERYTHING! It's beautiful and will be perfect for your baby girl!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

I love it so much and it makes me so happy that your dream came true! So much love went into making this room perfect! She is going to love it.

I didn't notice all the butterfly details before. You did such an amazing job on all the little details. I love the gallery wall- it's so unique. I love the window mirrow, & window picture frame.

That is one full closet! Can we expect weekly outfit posts from lil' miss? :)

Limefreckle said...

absolutely adorable! You've put so much thought into every little detail....such a soothing and pretty room! I can just picture big sister laying there while the little one naps!!!

Courtney B said...

Aaaaahh!! Her room is PERFECT! I love the color scheme (I can't wait to own a home so that we can paint the walls) and it's the perfect amount of girly. Ooooh I love it!