{Baby Black: Week 37}

/
20 Comments

{winter melon or swiss chard}
Highlights: 
We are considered full term! So really she can come any time - other than the fact that I have given her strict instructions to stay put until at least her due date thank you very much. ;)
We had a good appointment yesterday - nothing really new to report - they were unsure on her position again but after 2 of them re-checking she is still head down just really low so all they can feel are her little shoulders.

Feeling: 
Hot - all summer I was feeling ok with the heat and now it's not even that hot (although I am loving this extended summer weather) and I am always feeling hot and my feet are burning up - not swollen just hot. Other than that just the regular - tired and big. Constantly thirsty therefore constantly taking trips to the washroom. But no complaints at all.

Baby Black: 
If she were to come soon her lungs would likely be mature enough to adjust to life outside of my belly.
She is gaining about 1/2 an ounce each day now. She is practicing some skills: inhaling, exhaling, sucking, griping and blinking. She is getting her first sticky poop (meconium) all ready for her first (and her Daddy's first!) diaper change.

Nursery Update:
The dresser and rocking chair are done and up in the nursery!!! Justin did such an amazing job distressing these - he took my vision and made it happen. I just love them. So now we just have the gallery wall to put up and some organizing and it's READY. So hopefully next week I can share it all. I can hardly believe it almost done.

What I'm wearing:
I have outfits planned for the rest of the week so hopefully they still work and then we are good to go. More and more things are becoming too short and not covering the bottom the belly so thankfully as of Monday I can just live in my "uniform" of yoga pants and tank tops for the most part if needed.
These are 2 new onesies little miss was gifted from my friend Lynne (Lily's Mom). Apparently she has done a lot of shopping in the UK for this little girl so needs to give little gifts here and there she says. ;)

Workouts: 
4 - Some are getting tougher to do - my Pure Barre dvd may have to be retired. The belly just gets in the way and I get feeling frustrated by not being able to do moves but I guess at 37 weeks that's ok.

Last week:
This week:

What I'm looking forward to:
Finishing the nursery.
Being done work.
Getting the last of my to do list done next week when I am off.

Best moments of the week:
Little miss being so busy that Justin has been able to feel her huge movements! I swear the girl never sleeps (like her mama!) she is always moving and it feels like she crosses and uncrosses her legs over and over it's the crazier feeling. She also gets the hiccups a lot.
Lily had a sleep over Monday night and she said that waiting for my baby to come was like waiting for Christmas she was just so excited. :) So cute.
Also she loves rubbing my belly so I had her come feel it when little miss was sticking her butt way out and right as she put her hand there the babe made a huge movement and Lily just froze and looked at me like I had an alien in my belly and then slowly said OH MY GOSH ALI!! It was hilarious.

Related Posts

20 comments:

Ashley said...

soo glad your appointment went well!! AND that the nursery is almost ready!

Rebekah said...

Yay for full term!! I can't wait to see the nursery, I know it's super cute!

Leigh said...

Ah those onesies are so cute! And show us the nursery already!! :) I love Lily's reaction to baby girl moving :)

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

wahooo for full term! :)
-wHiT

Gabriella said...

Can't wait to see the nursery!!! Happy full term!

Jamie said...

Oh my gosh. You're so close!

Mateya said...

Gosh girl you are so close! You look fabulous! Hope you continue to feel good and hopefully the weather will cool down a bit!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Oh my gosh I'm soooo excited!!! Full term!!! I can't wait to see her sweet face!

Cute onesies!

I remember my niece's reaction to Audrey's movement- pretty priceless! It kinda does feel like an alien in there!!

Mom said...

OK, not fair that Lily has felt Little Miss move! But that is very cool that she has. Love her comment too :)

Sarah @ Life, Love & Dinner said...

So exciting to be full term!! I'm torn as to whether I want baby to come now or on her due date. How nice that you're already done with work! It will be great to just relax :)

Danielle @ eating running living said...

1. I am excited to see your nursery!
2. Your maternity photos are amazing!! So beautiful!
3.I love how Cruz sneaks into the weekly photos! She's too cute!

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

im so happy for you! its been too fun watching you experience this!

Jamie Sefcik || Hello Little Scout said...

Ah! You're so close! Can't wait to see how these next few weeks go :) Excited for the announcement! :)

Mandy said...

I can't wait to see her nursery and all of the hard work you guys have put into it! Yay for full term (but stay put until Oct. 1 at least!)! :) Her outfits from your friend are adorable!! And how awesome is the feeling that you are thisclose to being done with work?!!!

Nikki said...

I love how Lily is as excited for baby Black as she is for Christmas. So cute! How do you think she will do adjusting to baby Black?

Jessica said...

FULL TERMMMM!!!

Rachel Steck said...

I love Lily's reaction, so sweet

xoxo
Rachel

Whit said...

37 weeks.. wow 3 weeks left!!
Awe I just LOVE Lily. That is the cutest story!! We are ALL so excited for little Miss Black's arrival... Eeek!! Can't wait.
I have loved that quote so much it's such a sweet thought!!
Hang in there with the swollen hotness it's not fun :( You have been doing amazing!! xox

Whit said...

Sorry -- not swollen just hotnesss ;) haha.. I can't read.

Janna Renee said...

Aww! I bet he loves feeling her move. I also forgot to ask, what is the style of photography called that Whit usually does? With the overexposed lighting (bright sun, but soft images)? I LOVE the type of photography she does for y'all and want to take pics like that, but I don't know what to tell the photographer.