{Baby Black: Week 36}

/
24 Comments
 {that's a head of romaine lettuce}

Highlights: 
Her shower this past weekend! Justin and I are looking forward to going though all her loot and finding a home for it.
Having a good doctors appointment yesterday and finding out she is in fact head down! :) YAY. I am measuring a bit small but our Dr isn't concerned  - she thinks that's because her head is so low already that it is tucked behind my pelvic bone. Plus Justin and I were both little babies so perhaps she is just taking after us which I am totally ok with!

Feeling: 
Pretty good. Just the regular - tired and not sleeping. Dr also said pregnancy insomnia is very common and to look on the bright side that when baby comes I will probably get more sleep than I am getting now!
I am feeling big and her movements are huge now, not just little kicks or bumps. She loves my ribs and I feel like I have to hold them in and she winds me often with a big jab - especially at 3am! I do love the movement so much but just wish she would cooperate and let others feel them too! Justin is still the only one who has felt her, other than Mom feeling her hiccups. Jeff, Dad and Mom tried all weekend and she is just a stinker.

Baby Black: 
Her skin in now smooth and soft, her gums rigid, her liver and kidneys are in working order and her circulation and immune system are basically good to go! Her lungs are the only thing that still need to fully mature. Her main job right now is to continue putting on weight. (I will help her with this by eating ice cream and Mom's peanut butter marshmallow squares - you are welcome baby)

Justin & Cruz Update:
Cruz is home with us this week so it actually feels like home around here - even though we know she has the best of her days at the lake.
Justin has been painting the dresser and rocker and it looks SO AWESOME. I am so excited with how it is turning out. It is so great and will be worth all the layers of paint! :)

Nursery Update:
{print I made for her nursery gallery wall}
Haven't done anything lately. Just waiting for the dresser and rocker to be ready to go up there then we'll put up the gallery wall and be good to go!

What I'm wearing:
This is my go to outfit. Costco yoga pants and Liz Lange maternity target tanks. So comfy.
BUT I can't wear this to work. Womp womp. But I have been managing and just change as soon as I get home into workout clothes and then to this outfit above.

Workouts: 
4 workouts plus a kayak and paddle board this past weekend.

What I'm looking forward to:
Seeing more maternity photo - this week I think!!
Celebrating Emerson's birthday with her this weekend.
Finishing the nursery.
Being done work...sorta. I am torn here but so ready.

Funny student stories:
One of our new students came into my office yesterday morning to give me a form. His family moved to Calgary over the summer and I had toured them and done the intake work with them last year just after Christmas. He proceeded to introduce himself and tell me that last time he was at our school there was a girl working in the office who looked strikingly similar to me but was skinny. ;)

Another student took one look at me and said "Wow Mrs. Black it looks like you had yourself a good summer!!"

PS. Last day to enter this giveaway for your own pillow case cover of your choice!

Related Posts

24 comments:

Leigh said...

Haha kids say the funniest things! Target in Westhills had lots of maternity stuff on sale when I was there on Sunday afternoon. If you need plain white shirts with ruching (sp?) at the side, they had them for $10. A couple cute dresses too :)

Erin @ Keep Calm and Sparkle said...

LOVE that print!!! I sooo need something like that!!!

Rachel and John said...

Oh too funny! Looking great! I can't believe you'll be full term next week! How exciting!

Meghan said...

Love the student comments :)

Murdock's mama said...

OMG...I love hearing the things your kids say...SO FUNNY! :)

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

love the print! :)
-wHiT

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness I just burst out laughing with the last kids comment!! Haha! I bet you will miss the random comments when you are done! Ok I do not have those yoga pants from Costco but I love them! I will have to look again! I'm soo excited to see your mat pics! Have you got anymore aside from the one?

The Life of Poole said...

You look awesome and it's getting sooo close!

Carolyn said...

You look SO ADORABLE! :) Keep eating that ice cream... it'll make baby healthy! HAHAHA! :) That's what I'm telling myself!

Gabriella said...

I adore the print for her nursery! I love the things kids say! 4 weeks!!!!! :)

Mom said...

OMG... I can't stop laughing at those comments! Yes...one of my laughing fits.
Can't wait to see the dresser transformation.
Aaah yes... Peanut butter desserts and all the other ones we had this weekend. I will be getting as round as you. Now limiting myself to one treat a day!!

Bex said...

Hahaha kids are so funny

Rachel Steck said...

Not much longer now! So exciting!!

xoxo
Rachel

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

your belly is just perfect! perfect perfect perfect. and you ROCK those yoga pants! oh em gee!

Tami said...

You are all belly!! Yay for baby girl being head down!! It sounds like she's getting ready to meet her mommy and daddy!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Your student stories are always so funny! You must be getting close to being done, how much longer?
You look awesome as usual :)

Laura said...

Haha you really are ALL belly and JUST belly, very impressive! You look great, i can't believe 36 weeks! Hilarious about what your students said to you!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

I love your bump! It's just out there!!

I measured behind with Audrey the last few weeks too- I was ok with that! She was on the smaller side which was perfect to me!

Glad to hear she is head down. Good girl!

OMG I just love your student stories! They are so innocent, yet hilarious.

Kristin said...

You are almost there girl!! I can't believe how fast this is gone!

Kristin said...

You are almost there girl!! I can't believe how fast this is gone!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Um why are you so adorable? Love it.. Your almost there! And ps you have a really nice butt.. haha

Caroline said...

I can't wait to see her room!

Whit said...

bahahaha.. I love your student stories. Those students of yours rock!! 36 weeks!!!! COME ON Baby girl!!! hopefully only 3 more weeks ;) hee hee.. although we need to fit in a few more dates!! xox

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

You look SO great! Love that count down shirt! Glad to hear baby is head down! Good news for you! :)