{A dream}

/
24 Comments
{Bumpdate will be tomorrow - our appointment isn't until this afternoon so I want it up to date! :)}
***
I always knew I wanted to be a Mom. Maybe you are born knowing this or maybe it's something you grow into, I don't know. Either way I knew this was no doubt something that was important to me.
Then I met Justin and he just intensified that.
He came to a wiggles concert with me and a little boy with autism I worked with within our first month of dating. 
Every Thursday he would come and do respite with me for a family with 2 busy boys - one with autism. 
He has always been amazing with Lily. Patient with her, teaching her, loving towards her.
He LOVES the kids in our life that call him Uncle like they are our own.
 And he is the biggest mushball with our girl Cruz. 
He would do anything for that 4 legged blondie.
So there was never any question on whether or not we would have kids of our own and if he would be a good Dad or not.
So as soon as he was ready for baby - my heart was as full as it could ever be.
THEN right away I did what every girl would do - started planning. And that's when Whitney and I got to start talking babies, pregnancies, and of course maternity photos. I have always LOVED a big, beautiful, full of baby belly! I would send her ideas, we would plan shoots - I could not wait for this moment.
Aannnd then we waited and waited and I wondered if my dream of having our own babies and that beautiful belly of my own would ever happen.

Well let me tell you...Whitney made my maternity photo dreams come true.
It was the PERFECT night. The weather was beautiful. The 2 locations she chose were beyond perfection. Justin and Cruz cooperated as much as we could expect them too ;) then we sent them back to hangout with Dustin while Whit and I spent time just the two of documenting this much loved baby in my belly. I could not have asked for a more wonderful situation. My very best friend taking these photos. I am a lucky, lucky lady.
When Whit surprised me with these photos after work last week I could not stop looking through them and crying. I can't pick a favorite or even a top 10. She really is SO talented and incredible at what she does.
So - I am going to have to break this post into 2 because there are too many to share. :)
PS. Just a warning: I have a very handsome husband, a super cute dog and an adorable baby growing in form of a bump. I am in love.
Alright enough talk.
I apologize for the overload of photos of mainly me - I'm not going to apologize for an overload on Justin or Cruz though cause it's my blog and I could look at them allll day. :)
Didn't Whitney do an incredible job!! :)

{PS. Striped dress: H&M, Lace accent dress: Pink Blush (similar but different color) and Pink/Cream birdie tunic: Pink Blush}
PPS. Don't forget to enter the Sassy Baby Essentials headband giveaway - I will announce the winner Thursday!

Related Posts

24 comments:

Leigh said...

I can see why you can't pick just a few! They are all beyond gorgeous :)

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

I JUST LOVE THESE! ALL OF THEM! :)
-wHiT

Tami said...

You are absolutely gorgeous both inside and out. You both are going to be such amazing parents and that baby girl is so blessed to have you. The photos are amazing!!

Murdock's mama said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! {as always!} I LOVE that dress from Pink Blush.

Ashley said...

Beautiful post and beautiful pictures!! I love them all!! Whit did such an amazing job!!

Pamela said...

Love the striped dress on you! Hottie!

Courtney Kassner said...

Beautiful! I love the ones of Cruz looking up at you! So cute!

Tennille said...

Beautiful!!!!

Rebekah said...

These photos are so beautiful! I'm so glad you did them!

Whit said...

What an awesome night -- it's not my talent it's your beauty! xox

krink said...

<3 them all!!! But the one with my eldest niece gazing up at my youngest niece is still my favorite!
Love you all!!!
Well done Whitney!
Xoxo

Bex said...

Love the picture of Cruz looking up at the belly. Great photos!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I have said this before but these photos are AWESOME. Me and a friend were just saying we secretly dislike you since you are so pretty and photogenic! lol.

Ashley @ Words About Waverly said...

Just beautiful, congrats!!!

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

Laurie @ The Rookie Wife said...

The photos are just GORG. You are fabulous! Being a Mom is AMAZING and I'm sure you'll be a great one!

Rachel and John said...

I just love them all!! So glad you'll have them to always remember this awesome stage of your life!

Nikki said...

Alison these are GORGEOUS! Enjoy them!

Courtney B said...

Ooooh these pictures are so dreamy! They are PERFECT! And you still look so incredible! I was so swollen at this point in my pregnancy (and it was winter for me!) so I never showed my legs!
I can't wait to see the rest!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Words can't even describe how perfect every picture is! I can't pick a favourite either. The locations, your outfit choices, the subjects, the lights, everything is perfect! Whitney definitely outdid herself.

I love that pink and cream tunic! That old barn is so cool!!!

Seeing these pictures makes me wish I could have summer maternity photos!

Chrissi said...

girl, don't apologize...own it! these pictures are totally fabulous! you look amazing, can't wait for you to hold your sweet baby...being a momma is THE BEST! XO

Laura said...

these are Ah-Mazing!! Seriously so fantastic. My friend is going to take some photos for us this weekend in Massachusetts but I have NO IDEA what I want to wear. I love your outfit choices, everything came out so wonderful!

Gabriella said...

These pictures are so amazing! The one of Cruz looking up at you is beyond words adorable! :)

Gabriella said...

These pictures are so amazing! The one of Cruz looking up at you is beyond words adorable! :)

Gabriella said...

These pictures are so amazing! The one of Cruz looking up at you is beyond words adorable! :)