{I heart vacation}

/
11 Comments
There is no better place to vacation than the lake.
{Unless of course it's the middle of winter and we fly to a beach.}
Close tie.

But the last week was just what we needed.
Bonfires.
Lots of sunshine.
Family.
Lake.
Friends.
Long walks.
Ice cream dates.
A growing belly.
Perfection.
We had one day of rain so Mom and I did volunteering at the thrift store helping to organize and then Mom, Dad and Justin went for a run in the rain while I did the elliptical.
Pretty good view.
That night Mom and I went to "Wild Women Wednesday at Wiers". It was nice to visit with all the lake ladies except they made me read a Wild Women poem and I am just not a public speaker like my brother and my water was NOT cutting my nerves! ;)
That night Justin and Dad went for a kayak ride with headlamps in the pitch dark. They said it awesome so I'll have to try next time we are out.
We came home from the lake on Thursday to do jobs around the house.

Friday Justin spent a long day tackling the skirting on the deck. He managed to get it all done and it looks SO good and we are so glad to have that off our to do list. That night we had a quiet night at home and ordered Chinese food!

Saturday we put up with the chandelier in the nursery - it was SUCH a pain in the butt because we wanted it right up at the ceiling - not hanging down like it is designed to do but luckily Justin is handy. ;) It looks so pretty though - we just love it.
{Cruz was a good helper and is in "her" spot here right in front of the crib. She always lays there now.}
Then Justin went for a bike ride to try out his new peddles and shoes while I cleaned the house.
Then it was wedding time! We went to Justin's cousins wedding reception as they got married on a beach in July.
We stayed later than we thought we would chatting with family and then went for a nice midnight walk with Cruz. She was pretty darn excited!!

Sunday we started off the morning with a nice family walk, hung some frames and put up a vinyl in the nursery, Justin did yard work and I worked on some prints for the nursery. 
{hanging out with her Dad}
Then Just went for another bike ride and I worked out. Justin spent the rest of the day organizing the basement and prepping the dresser we will refinish and I was lazy and tried to nap.
Then we met Jeff and Jolie at the watering hole for dinner. Always nice to hangout with them and catch up since their trip to NY.
Today Justin is back to work (pout) - we had a baby appointment this morning though and Cruz and I are off to vet right now.
Happy Monday! :)

Related Posts

11 comments:

Mom said...

It was great to have you out here with us. Too bad J/J weren't here too.
Love your dress for the wedding. You looked gorgeous. Justin looked very spiffy too :)

Pamela said...

You are one hot moma!

Ashley said...

Guess you blogged while I texted you hahaha! Sounds like a great vacay!! Love that dress you wore and I must say I love the sneak peak of the grey you chose for the nursery!! Can't wait to see how it all turns out!!

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

loved your dress and I am finding out more and more dogs lay like that now. ha ha my goober isn't the only one :)
-wHiT

jen @nutcaseinpoint said...

ooo kayaking in the dark- scary!
and I love it when pups lay like Cruz is in the first pic..so cute!

Bex said...

I can't wait to see the finished nursery!

Kristin said...

can't wait to see the chandiler!! and the nursery!

Sarah @ Life, Love & Dinner said...

I love that picture of Cruz trying to sneak a lick of your ice cream!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Sounds like the best vacation! Love your dress for the wedding! The nursery must be coming together!! Chandeliers are so lovely in a nursery!

Nikki said...

Sounds like your vacay was a success and lots of fun! Love the pic of you 3 with your pup sneaking some ice cream :)
xoxo,
Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

Rachel Steck said...

I love the Cruz has a 'spot' right in front of the crib.

xoxo
Rachel@rachelrunshermouth.com