{home weekend}

/
18 Comments
This weekend was spent at home. 
Friday I had my glucose test and blood work which was a piece of cake. 
The drink tasted like the McDonald's orange drink! I am always thirsty so I didn't have trouble drinking 3 glasses in 10 minutes despite how sweet it was and it didn't make me sick at all so it was way easier (and quicker) than our doctor warned me about! Now let's just hope I passed!
Then I came home and changed for the service for Linda. It was as good as a funeral could be - Nicole showed us yet again how strong she is by getting up with her younger brother to talk about her Mom at the funeral and again talking at the grave side ceremony (while all her friends couldn't hold it together at either!) It was nice to catch up with my girlfriends and all of their men along with some of their parents who I hadn't seen in ages - despite the circumstances.

Friday night Justin and I watched Gran Torino. Such a great movie. Clint Eastwood was incredible. 

Saturday I was up before Justin = say what!? I know. Never happens on a weekend here at home! 
We went for a nice family walk and then ran errands. Between stops I convinced J to take me to Starbucks and we got chatting with the man in front of us and he bought our drinks! How sweet. 
The rest of the day for me was spent doing jobs around the house, making lists, scouring kijiji, wishing I had a project to work on and walking Cruz.
Justin spent the entire day and night in the basement making his work bench and organizing.

Sunday I AGAIN was up before the man of the house so Cruz and I hit the ravine and chased 5 deer. Her not me! Justin again spent most of the day in the basement working and went for a bike ride. He made such great progress and it looks awesome down there.
{should have taken a before shot..}
But this is after (and not done he says)...the computer will get moved from the nursery to the top right.
I had to get a few groceries and while I was out decided to stop at a few stores to browse for nursery stuff. Boy am I glad I did. I found 3 awesome finds! Two wall items at Pier 1 that I used a gift card from Grampa and Chris on so it cost me $9! And a lamp from Home Sense that is the PERFECT pink and so perfect and cute. I am SO darn excited to get working on this nursery.
I also stopped at Motherhood Maternity as I have been unsuccessful finding shorts and was pleasantly surprised with the selection and cute stuff they had. If I wasn't so cheap I could have gone crazy in there (WHY is maternity stuff so expensive?!) I did find 2 pairs of shorts that were on clearance and a dress that was on sale and I could not say no to. :) The saleslady was so kind and helpful and couldn't believe how small I was for 28 weeks. ;) Which made me happy seeing as I feel large!
When I got home it was beautiful out so I suncreened & bikini'd up and hit the couch on the deck! I started a good book I found on my shelf that I hadn't read and had a relaxing time reading and throwing the ball for Cruz.
And that was the weekend!
Today Whit and the kids (including Ty) are coming over for a visit and walk (if this rain quits) then tonight Cruz is having another date with the vet and I have dinner with my friend Kristen.
Happy Monday! 

Related Posts

18 comments:

Mom said...

Great workbench and shelf, Justin :)
Better that sanding project going now, AJ!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Yay for nursery and clothes finds! Once Upon A Child had a huge sale here this weekend so my Mom and I hit that up, I bought her some Mexx stuff with tags on it still for a tenth of the price.
Excited to see your nursery! We did some more work moving our office out this weekend - seems like the never ending project.
I am having issues buying shorts since they all have full panels which makes me way too warm in the heat.

wHiT | Black Little Button blog said...

Awe looks like a quality weekend my dear.

I can't wait to see pics of the nursery!
-wHiT

Tami said...

It's crazy how expensive maternity clothes are but yay for finding cute shorts! Gran Torino really is an awesome movie!

Rachel Steck said...

That does not look like McDonald's orange drink at all. It looks like a cup of...well never mind. I'm glad you were able to drink it easily!
Sounds like you had a great weekend!

xoxo
Rachel@rachelrunshermouth.com

Carolyn said...

Yay for nursery and maternity finds! :) Gotta love that!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you pass your glucose test!! :) :) :)

Kristin said...

Yay for good finds!! Enjoy your week lady!!

Kristin said...

Yay for good finds!! Enjoy your week lady!!

Leigh said...

Sounds like a great weekend :) Glad to hear that the test wasn't as bad as you thought it was going to be.

Rebekah said...

I'm crossing my fingers you passed your glucose test! I'm dreading mine when that time comes only because I had a bad blood draw this last time. Hopefully I don't get techs who are in training. I can't wait to see what you do with the nursery! I'm on the hunt for a lamp for ours!

Rachel and John said...

Weird! For my glucose tests I just had to drink 1 bottle of the juice. They gave me a cup but I didn't use it. I never heard of it being divided up into 3's. I There are much worse things in life!

Gabriella said...

I really liked Gran Torino too! Glad the test was not as bad as you thought, and that you found some cute nursery things, and maternity clothes! You are getting so close!! :)

Ashleigh said...

Sounds like a perfect little weekend, nice and relaxing!

Sarah @ Life, Love & Dinner said...

I liked my glucose drink, too. Lime, yum! :) If it wasn't so stinkin' hot here, I would be out looking for nursery decor. Glad you found some great things!

Laurie @ The Rookie Wife said...

I didn't think the drink was that bad either. I was so sick during my pregnancy and the test made me nervous because I thought I would get sick, wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be!

Shay said...

First of all, YAY for finding affordable maternity clothes! I got a bag of stuff from a friend and am SO grateful because I just can't afford it! And YOU ARE TINY- you look amazing!

Courtney B said...

I totally know the feeling of NOT feeling small, but looking back on my pictures I wasn't nearly the whale I thought I was ;) And YOU really are tiny! You look so amazing!
Sounds like it was a great weekend!

Sessy@NTSST said...

Glad to hear the glucose test went well! I didn't think it tasted that bad either, but it did make me feel like I wanted to jump out of my skin! LOVE Motherhood too...but it is definitely pricey...what's the deal!?!?! LOL! Can't wait to see the nursery...mine looks like a catch all right now, but it's coming together! :)