{Canada Day}

/
16 Comments
This weekend was another typical, perfect lake weekend. The weather as so hot and beautiful! LOVED it.
We weren't supposed to go to the lake this weekend as I was supposed to run the Color Run but it was cancelled due to the floods and to be perfectly honest I was ok to trade it for this past weekend.

This weekend we:
Celebrated Canada - Dad got us in the spirit!
We went to the market, thrift store and museum store.
We had cheeky visitors.
We went for boat cruises.
Had great family dinners including a hot dog roast.
Had a bonfire with the Thomas's.
We watched Wag the Dog. It was an odd one.
Nana spoiled me with more custard.
We had coffee on the deck - one of my favorite times!
 We had a wedding shower for my childhood friend Justin's fiance Mel and my cousin Ashley.
Justin and I went kayaking.
Cruz had naps.
 I had a wonderful nap on the deck.
Justin had "golf naps" he calls them. Puts golf on - just to fall asleep!
Unfortunately he felt sick all weekend with allergies (and even worse today!)
 Mom, Dad and Justin went for runs and bike rides - I spent most of my weekend right here.
 And by going for 2 swims a day. It was heaven.
All in all it was a perfect weekend.

Until 2 things happened:
1. The gas station we always stop at was OUT of gas and we NEEDED gas. Luckily we made it to Drayton Valley BUT not without a detour and being stopped on the highway again for construction. Stress. I deserved that banana popsicle once we got to the gas station! We took a different route home though - The Cowboy Trail! It was longer but very pretty.
2. We got home to find our fridge had quit. Awesome. So we had water all over the kitchen and a lot of food to throw away. :( We think it must have happened that morning as there was still some stuff in the freezer that was still frozen but a lot wasn't. As much as I hated that fridge we weren't planning on replacing it anytime soon!! Oh well.

It was still an incredible weekend!! 

Related Posts

16 comments:

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Sounds like a great weekend - except the two last points! I am happy you escaped the heat in the water. It was so hot out. I had to hibernate in my basement a few times just to get out of the heat. Being at the lake and in the water is a great way to cool off!
PS You look great in your bikini!

Kristin said...

I am jealous of your lake trips! I miss doing that in Canada with the family! Good memories!

Kristin said...

I am jealous of your lake trips! I miss doing that in Canada with the family! Good memories!

Murdock's mama said...

Oh no! Replacing appliances is no fun...especially if you have to clean up a big mess first! :( Yay for an awesome weekend at the lake though! :)

Carolyn said...

So glad you had a good weekend... except for your fridge breaking! How frustrating!!

Nikki said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend minus the fridge issue.

Ashley said...

That sucks about the fridge, but it sounds like an great weekend!! Love all the pics and your prego belly!!

Leigh said...

Looks like the perfect weekend at the lake! Glad you guys were able to make it out there. And that sucks about your fridge :(

Laura said...

Sounds like an ah-maaazing weekend! You're lookin' good! I'm sooo jealous you have a great lake house to go to all the time!

Bex said...

Boo to the fridge. Sounds like a great weekend, you're so cute in your bikini!

Jessica said...

Stupid fridge!!!
But you look adorable... ;)

Rachel and John said...

I feel like our fridge is about to quit :( the floor around it is SO HOT in this heat...yikes! Hope you get a pretty one :)

Your belly in your napping photo is the cutest!

Sarah @ Life, Love & Dinner said...

There's not much better than a summer weekend on the lake! Pregnant women deserve popsicles whenever, wherever! :)

wHiT | Black Little Button blog said...

I can't wait to get into the water today! :)
-wHiT

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

The lake looked like the perfect place to be this weekend.

I see your tattoo!!

I love your napping position!

I hate when we are so close to an empty gas tank! Worst feeling ever!

Oh no- that sucks about the fridge. You have had the worst luck with appliances lately. Didn't your microwave die recently?

Whit said...

Not the fridge... BRUTAL!!! I absolutely hate throwing food out, but what can you do? :(
Outside of that the weekend sounds like PERFECTION!! Glad you guys had a good weekend... and what is with the gas issues lately ;) lol. I'm keeping my tank half full ALL the time. xox