{Baby Black: Week 30}

/
17 Comments
{large cabbage or a cucumber!}

Highlights: 
The nursery being ready to paint! Hopefully it gets done this week - fingers crossed! :)
Justin being home - we had a great day together yesterday.Which included a date night as well to a new pub near our place - Canadian Brew House.
 The menu was hilarious and they had an entire poutine menu!
But this piggy preggo had a little self control and said no! :)
I did get a delicious giant drink though!
 Then we watched Jack Reacher. It was alright.

Feeling:
Great!
Enjoying these last 10 weeks - only 10 more weeks of sharing the same body with our sweet girl.
I do find it's hard to slow down and not carry all the groceries in in one awkward heavy go, to let Justin do all the "work" when I know I can help, it's hard that Justin doesn't want me doing painting and this and that - I am just not good at taking it easy I have found but I am working on it!!

Baby Black: 
Her skin is getting smoother and she is now strong enough to grasp a finger. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her but that amount will shrink as she gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus.

Justin & Cruz update:
Justin has been a busy guy which I appreciate so much. He taped the room yesterday and may start painting today (insert squeal!)
Cruz had a rough day yesterday but hopefully it will be beneficial in the end. This vet suctioned out her ears and gave them a good clean which I am so thankful for - the vet was shocked how full they were of junk, gunk and yeast. Unfortunately they were a total mess again when she woke up and she is very vocal in letting us know they need to be cleaned but they hurt. :( Poor little love. So now we have a new plan for her which will hopefully help.

What I'm wearing:
This is getting harder and harder. Justin teases me as I wear about 5 outfits a day.
I wake up and put comfy "house only" clothes on for our morning walk and lounge, then get dressed for what we are doing (which take about 3 outfit attempts before I find something I am ok with), then put workout clothes on, then maybe put another outfit on for the afternoon (because I swear she is so much bigger in the afternoon and after a workout) and then I put the first "house only" outfit back on for the evening. ;)
She is so low that most shorts don't fit great and SO many shirts or dresses are getting too short and I am just plain picky but it's all good. I do LOVE the bump.

Workouts:
{I should really take these at the same time each day- the lighting is always so different!}
5 - still feeling really good, when I am feeling sluggish I force myself downstairs and I always feel more like myself when I am done. I have been enjoying mixing my workouts up with some Jillian and Turbo Fire.

What I'm looking forward to:
Photo shoot with the girls tomorrow.
Hanging out with Justin's Mom Thursday and then heading to the lake this weekend with the family.

Best moment of the week:
Having our check up this morning and all being great. No gestational diabetes for this mama and baby girl is growing great.
Getting more things crossed off our list!
Paint is in the house & we got our chandelier (we are just going to alter it a little!)

Related Posts

17 comments:

Leigh said...

That's fun that you guys had a date night! Hope Cruz is finally feeling better soon. Are those the shorts from Wal-Mart?

Mateya said...

You look so great!!!! She'll be here in no time!

What is poutine?

Rachel and John said...

YAY for no GD! I love poutine all the time and I can't believe you didn't get one! You look awesome. I think week 30 is my favourite. It feels pregnant but not giant like the coming weeks might. Enjoy this awesome week.

Poor Cruz. I hope you get her poor ears cleared up for good. Do you use ear cleaner after every time she goes in water? Our vet gave us some when Rudy was a puppy and we just put a few drops in each ear after he's been swimming or after a bath. He's never had an ear problem and he goes in Chestermere Lake all the time.

Mom said...

You look SO good! Can't wait to see all of you this weekend and hopefully feel that little munchkin move. XO

Rachel Steck said...

That menu just cracks me up. Sounds like my kinda place. I SO hope Miss Cruz's ears get better, poor baby.
Can't wait to see pics of the nursery! (squeal).

xoxo
Rachel@rachelrunshermouth.com

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

Awe poor pup. Harlee always seems to have problems with her ears too. She ran away from me this morning, when I went to get her ear cleaner. She knows too well.

Have fun on your photoshoot dear.
-wHiT

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Haha I laughed at your multiple outfit changes each day!

Poor Cruz! That can not be fun at all. I hope the new plan keeps all the gunk away.

Sounds like it's going to be a big week for the nursery!

I saw that that restaurant changed AGAIN! I wonder if it's child-friendly?

Ashley said...

Love that bump!! 30 weeks!!! Time is flying right on by!! Yay for getting the paint!! And yay for no gestational diabetes!! I can't believe in 10 short weeks she will be here!! Next week is single digits!!

Gabriella said...

30 weeks already! Time is flying! You look fabulous, and yay for date nights! I hope poor Cruz is feeling better!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

You look great! Yesterday I realized that as much as I cannot wait to have baby in my arms I will kinda miss sharing a body with her. It sounds crazy but I really will. I cannot believe you are 30 weeks!
I just booked my gestational diabetes test for Monday, hoping I pass ;)

Erin @ Keep Calm and Sparkle said...

You still look amazing!! Poor Cruz!! Our Murphy has ear problems too and its so gross and I feel so bad for him!!

Tami said...

You look do darn good, girl!! I can't believe you only have 10 weeks to go!

Sarah @ Life, Love & Dinner said...

That drink looks great! I've been trying to get fun non-alcoholic drinks when I can so that I feel like I'm still having a summer beverage. Poor Cruz! Lookin' great mama! Can't believe how fast it's going for us!

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

i am SO jealous of how good you look in shorts!
the picture of you with your drink is ADORBS!!!!
hope cruz feels better!

Katie said...

you look SOOOOO good alison!! cant wait to see pics of the nursery!!!

Kristin said...

Yay for negative on the diabetes! That would have not been fun!

Nikki said...

You look amazingggggg in your workout photos! And sounds like date day with your hubs was a success :)
xoxo,
Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com