{Baby Black: Week 29}

/
22 Comments
{acorn or butternut squash}

Highlights: 
Getting the computer moved downstairs!
Getting started on the rocking chair.
Mom making this ridiculously cute hat!!
I had moment last week that I HAD to put the crib together {total pain in the butt - it would have been handy if Cruz could have helped me out!} and make the crib skirt. So I did.
Sneak peek!

Feeling: 
Great! I have felt really good this past week. Almost like my old self minus the belly, being hungry 24/7 and the disrupted sleep. It's great! I think the extra hour of sleep each morning helps too!

Baby Black: 
She weighs about 2.5 pounds! Muscles and lungs are continuing to mature. Her head is growing to make room for her developing brain. Her adrenal glands are producing a chemical that will be made into a form of estrogen by the placenta - this is to help stimulate the productivity of prolactin by my body and thus prolactin makes you produce milk. Because of brain activity researchers think at this point babies can dream!!

Justin & Cruz update:
Justin has been working SO hard to get the basement organized so he could move the computer stuff down there and I really appreciate all he has done. He has been BUSY!
Little miss is a stinker most of the time and quits moving when I think J will be able to feel her.
Cruz is still my little shadow and I LOVE spending my days with her. Poor thing is having a rough go with her ears. :( Breaks my heart. They are so goopy and bother her but luckily we got news from the vet from the swabs we sent to the lab that she has no infections, allergies or bacteria showing which mean it's just build up from her being a water dog!

Icky & Loving: 
Nothing is icky to me really.
Loving fruit. - our counter right now.

Workouts: 
6 - I had a great week of workouts and I felt so good doing them. I was getting bored of my regular workouts so I have done Jillian Micheals Ripped in 30 3 times now, L1, L2, and L3 with modifications when needed.

What I'm looking forward to:
Getting the room painted.
Getting the paint sorted out for the rocking chair.
Our "staycation" at home possibly next week depending on J's work. We were going to go a road trip to the states but after having to fix the foundation in the basement and then replacing the fridge we decided we would stay home and have a little vacation here! Maybe go camping mid-week, work on projects around the house, go to a movie, dinners out...it will be perfect.

Related Posts

22 comments:

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

LOVE the crib skirt! You did awesome :)
This baby is a brat too she will moves for hours and Chad comes to feel her and nothing. He did see her kick last week and feel her once though :)
I hear you on the moving the computer etc and re-organizing, so much work!

Rebekah said...

I'm so glad you're feeling good! I love the little peek of the crib skirt, it's going to be so cute!

Courtney Kassner said...

I love your bump! That dress is so cute! And the fruit looks delicious!! Glad you're feeling well!

Rachel Steck said...

You look beautiful in the striped dress! Love the crib skirt - good job! Too bad you're not coming to the States any time soon! That fruit looks delicious.

xoxo
Rachel@rachelrunshermouth.com

Bex said...

You're gorgeous! Crib skirt looks awesome, great job!

Tennille said...

That crib skirt is awesome! You are so crafty, so I am looking forward to the room reveal!

Hope your summer vacation is off to a great start... it sure looks like it is :)

Jessica said...

You MADE that crib skirt?! SO cute!

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

love the sneak peek! :)
-wHiT

Carolyn said...

EEK! So close to 30 weeks! :) :) :) You look so cute! That crib skirt is ADORABLE! Love love love!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

The crib skirt looks great and I like the lines of the crib! Can't wait to see more nursery details as they are finished.

She's a growing girl! Glad you are feeling so good. Wow, so many workouts! I was thinking of getting the Ripped in 30 series, do you recommend it? I'm loving that kettle bell workout!

That hat is priceless! That girl is going to have a different hat for every outfit!

Poor Cruz. Glad she doesn't have an infection but it still sucks I'm sure.

Sarah @ Life, Love & Dinner said...

You look fabulous!! I love the bedding sneak peek, too! LOVE ruffles for baby girls! Can't wait to see the rest!

Erin @ Keep Calm and Sparkle said...

Gah, you look fab!! Please tell me your secret!!

OBSESSED with that bed skirt!!

Jamie Sefcik || Hello Little Scout said...

Can't wait to see the whole crib, it looks SO cute!

Ashley said...

Love the crib skirt! How did you do the ruffles? I still cant figure out ruffles!!

Gracie gets yucky ears too!! Must be a water dog thing too!!

Erin @ Sweetness Itself said...

So exciting! Just found your cute blog and excited to follow along via GFC and read more :)

XO!
Erin

www.sweetnessitself.com

The Life of Poole said...

You look awesome! So jealous of your workouts - mine are no longer existent except for some walks which to a runner just isn't much of an exercise. Staycations are the best, and so relaxing too!

Tami said...

The crib skirt turned out so cute! You did an awesome job. I love that picture of you in the maxi dress. You look amazing!

Recently Roached said...

You're adorable. I love that you are craving healthy things. I'm terrified of gaining one million pounds because I want bread out the wazoo!

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

i just squeal. so much cuteness!

Lora said...

Your baby bump is the cutest!!!! I have been trying to motivate myself to do some Jillian Michaels while pregnant but I've been too tired to do it....I need to get on it!

Laura said...

Umm a staycation sounds kind of amazing right about now. We keep bouncing back and forth between a staycation or a babymoon and I honestly can't decide one way or the other!

That hat is SO CUTE...your mom is SO Talented to make that! She should sell them on Etsy so I can buy one :)

Courtney B said...

A staycation will be soooo nice! But I do wish you could roadtrip allllllll the way to Utah ;) ha ha!
That hat... dying! So precious!
And I can't wait to see the rest of the bedding!