{Baby Black: Week 27}

/
16 Comments
 {head of cauliflower}
Holy moly it was hot yesterday! And I forgot I had to take these so this was after cooking in the kitchen for a couple hours. Silly.

Highlights: 
We had another baby check up yesterday and all is well! I used to get SO nervous before these appointments just worrying something may be wrong and I'd hold my breath as they were finding her heart beat "just in case" but yesterday was so different now that I feel her moving and bopping around all the time. It's very reassuring to be poked in the bladder all day. :) I love it.
We met doctor #3 of 5 and let's just say we hope she is not on shift when little miss makes her appearance. Don't get me wrong - I am sure she's a great doctor and would be fine but she was very abrupt and short and nothing like the other 2 we met and really liked.
Feeling: 
Pretty much the same! My back was bugging me for a couple days but I think it was a combination of the last few days at work doing lots of cleaning/moving things, a couple night of bad sleeps so tossing and turning as well as my workouts. My orange spiky ball is a life saver.

Baby Black: 
She is gaining muscle tone and moving all around her "belly room". It's crazy that I can feel her enough now that I usually can tell where she is hanging out in my belly, typically it's just under my belly button to my left. She is practicing inhaling and exhaling. She is showing brain activity and her hearing is developing as well. She is opening and closing her eyes and may be sucking her thumb or playing with the umbilical cord! And I bet she is the cutest thing ever!

Justin & Cruz update:
They are both great. Justin pokes her a lot when she is sticking her butt way out or when he is saying hello.
Workouts: 
5
Thank goodness I am keeping up with my workouts (for the most part - they are obviously toned down from my usual) otherwise I may feel really bad about all this weigh gain! ha As I have said before I don't weigh myself so even now the only time I do weigh myself is at our doctor appointments and it's always very shocking! Justin and I get a good laugh about it, call me chunky monkey a few times and we are good. :) The doctors are always really happy that I am gaining good weight so I am not concerned. I always said I didn't care what my body did while pregnant so long as the baby is happy, healthy and growing and I know I can work my butt off (literally) once she gets here.
That doesn't mean it's not sometimes hard to see your thighs, butt, arms and chest growing or the hard work you put into those areas go soft or the fact that you no longer have a waist or that clothes you 'thought' would work while pregnant not work even a little bit. Sure - it's sometimes frustrating but it's temporary and so so very worth it so for now I am just going to embrace the 'extra' me and not worry too much over the fact that my butt is the same size as my belly. :)
What I'm looking forward to:
Being done work!
Getting started on refinishing 2 pieces of furniture for her nursery.

Best moment of the week: 
I'm still going with Justin feeling her. Love it. And our appointment.
And being at the lake for 3 days.

Related Posts

16 comments:

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Girl that baby is going to pop out and you'll be skinny minnie!

Jessica said...

You're looking gorgeous!

Rebekah said...

You look so great!! I hear you on the weight gain, I know I have to gain and that it's for a good reason but if I start to really think about it, it gets to me. I'm right on track and hoping it stays that way!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I do the same at appts! And as soon as I hear the heartbeat I am a-okay.
Little buggers love to kick our bladders, I got two good boots last night to it.
Great job on the workouts! I agree it makes me feel so much better about the weight to know I am staying active.
Oh and the clothes thing - I have tons of those - thought they'd work when I was pregnant but nope!

Rachel Steck said...

Yay for being off work! Woo hoo! I'm glad you and baby are happy and healthy!

xoxo
Rachel@rachelrunshermouth.com

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

That's a good idea actually - to only weigh yourself at the Dr appts. Your boobs alone add a lot to that number! And your butt is cute(and that sounds creepy)!

I don't think I really planned on wearing many non-maternity clothes when PG. Maybe I would have if I had a summer baby and thought I could wear dresses. The other thing is that your rib cage expands. Mine went back down to normal after 3-4 weeks post partum.

Really, this just means you have an excuse to shop!

It's super hard to see your body change- no doubt about it. Good news is that you are setting yourself up to bounce back fairly easily.

That sucks that one of your Doctor's has bad bedside manners. Hopefully she was just having a bad day and will be better next time.

Wifessionals said...

I TOTALLY agree with you. I used to get so scared at appointments but now I feel her all the time so appointments are completely different (:

Rachel and John said...

You are totally all belly. You look amazing!

Mom said...

What...no Cruz sneaking into the photo?!?!

Looking good, girlie :)

Loved hearing the baby's heartbeat this weekend.

Whit said...

You look beautiful even if you say there is more of you to love. I love the both of ya :)
It's so true, once you feel that baby moving all the time there is this sense of relief, that you never had when you couldn't feel her. Awe. I just love it!! 13 weeks to go!!! eeeee!!!

Katie said...

i remember being so happy when my stomach finally stuck out more than my butt. it is hard to gain weight and feel like your body is SO not what is used to be! yeah for 27 weeks. i remember feeling relieved knowing that babies can survive at this point (not like that will happen - it just made me a little less anxious).

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

good news is while EVERYONE gives negative news and say things like "oohhh just wait" - my back got better!!! i hope yours does too!

Sarah @ Life, Love & Dinner said...

I hate when I forget to take my picture until later! You still look great, though. I literally laughed out loud looking at the picture of the baby in the basket. That will be my kid since all I seem to look at are headbands and accessories!

Bex said...

You look fabulous girl!

Nic @ Haus of Harnois said...

only 13 weeks left! you're so close!

Carolyn said...

So glad that your pregnancy is going so well!! :)