{Thursday Randoms}

/
12 Comments
{1}
We {mostly me} got to hangout with Emerson {and Nixon for 5 minutes before he had to go down for bed} last night which was awesome! We are so lucky to have them as our niece and nephew, we just adore them so much! Emerson wanted to do every activity possible and 30 seconds into the new activity she has something else planned so we were busy! She is one funny cookie though.
We had ice cream. :)

{2}
Another reason I love Taylor Swift.
This was her tweet to Kanye since he ruined her Video Music Awards acceptance speech here. Love it.

{3}
I love bachelor(ette) nights with Jolie. It's fun to laugh at all the emotional men with someone else. Jeff and Jolie came for dinner on Monday and then the guys delivered our old BBQ to Justin's Mom and worked on the work bench while we enjoyed the madness. I made us Blackberry mojitos too - of the real and virgin variety! yum.

{4}
The senior class had a bake sale at work yesterday and I waited all week for a rice crispy square. I saw them making them on Monday and asked if I could buy one then and there for double the price and they said no way Mrs. Black. So I was pretty excited come Wednesday, just as Justin - I may have talked about said rice crispy squares a lot.
I teased the boys and told them I wanted to buy the whole tray. I wasn't really teasing. ;)

{5}

{6}
I was so thankful this morning to not have to walk Cruz. It is just pouring rain so I was thanking Mom and Dad for having her at the lake.
She is obviously a busy girl all day because these are the texts I get of her in the evenings!
I was cursing this morning for not replacing my umbrella that "Marypoppined" on Friday. And maybe for wearing sandals also since I had to basically walk through a river to get here.
Hopefully the rain stops soon.

Happy Thursday!

Related Posts

12 comments:

wHiT | Black Little Button blog said...

I love her name. If we ever have a girl, Emerson was one of the names I would choose. :)
-wHiT

Carolyn said...

OMG! Taylor Swift's tweet CRACKS ME UP!! :)

Ashley said...

Love Taylor swifts tweet! Haha. Cruz looks tired in those pics! Bet she loves her little get aways! That is soo funny about the Rice Krispies!

Leigh said...

You have me craving rice krispie squares now! Damn you!!!

Amber said...

Yummmm rice krispie squares. Haven't had one of those in awhile! And TSwifts tweet is hilarious.

Gabriella said...

Emerson is adorable! She looks so happy with her ice cream! Love that tweet - Go Taylor! Cruz looks like she is getting some good exercise at the lake. Sleeping puppy pictures are the best!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

This rain is insane! We have not got too much but looks like its been really bad south!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

You can definitely see the family resemblance between Emerson and Justin! She's such a cutie! Lucky girl getting ice cream!

Haha Taylor! That's awesome!

My umbrella Mary Poppin'd today too. It's not broken but my hair is pretty ugly looking after getting soaked! I'm glad I had my rubber boots to keep my feet dry!

Have you seen the pictures of Canmore yet? A few houses along the river have completely lost their backyards and are in danger of losing their houses! Scary!

Rachel and John said...

Did you see Taylor on SNL right after that thing with her acceptance speech? It was pretty funny. You should look for it if you didn't see it. Love that Girl!

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

your friends come up with awesome baby names!
have you thought of baby blacks?!

Jill J @ Classy with a Kick said...

I hate walking our dogs in the rain. And I know they hate it yet they take so much longer. It kills me because if they just understood the concept, it would be a quick process!

Jill
Classy with a Kick

Katie said...

you are seriously the best aunt! they are so lucky to have you! and i saw that tweet - too funny!