His & Hers - Muffin version

/
12 Comments

Today I have a his and hers recipe post with muffins. I did a cookie one here.
On Sunday I made 2 sets of muffins. Lily said she wanted to bake but that quickly turned into watching a show on sharks so I was on my own.
I had pumpkin in the freezer and Justin doesn't like anything pumpkin so figured I would make them completely mine and add flax since he doesn't like me hiding that in things either. ;)
They turned out really delicious! 

Hers:
Pumpkin Flax Muffins
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup ground flax seed (I throw mine into the bullet - FYI your body will not dissolved whole flax seeds so always remember to grind them)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or mixture of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
1/4 cup canola oil (I used apple sauce)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
*Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until the end of a tooth pick comes out clean!*

His:
Starbucks Banana Bread Muffins
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 1/8 cups sugar (I just used a cup)
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used apple sauce)
2 tablespoons buttermilk (I used chocolate milk)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 ripe medium mashed bananas
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I omitted)
I added Reese's pieces that I had in the freezer because I realized I was out of chocolate chips and always add chocolate chips for Justin!
*Bake 350 for 25 minutes or until the end of a tooth pick comes out clean!*

There we go! Muffins to please both of us. :)

Related Posts

12 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm with Justin on the muffin front! And the flax front lol! Oh and the pumpkin part!! Glad he is just as picky as I am!! Hahaha

Pamela said...

Both look/sound delicious!!

Mom said...

hum...Reeses pieces in mufffins!! But I bet the pumpkin ones were delish too.

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Mmmm both sound so yummy!! I think I am going to try the apple sauce substitution some time.

Can't believe Justin doesn't like pumpkin. Weirdo! ;)

Allison said...

These both sound amazing. Love the idea of his and hers. So cute. :)

wHiT | Black Little Button blog said...

MMMMMMM i'll take both! :)
-wHiT

Laura said...

These look soo yummy! My husband would LOVE those banana muffins, I may just have to make these for him this weekend!

Jill J @ Classy with a Kick said...

I am not a pumpkin fan either so I'll take the banana ones! :)

Jill
Classy with a Kick

Danielle @ eating running living said...

Yum, those both sound amazing! If I had to choose I think I'd be into the pumpkin ones though :)

Katie said...

yum!! i think i'd choose the his :) i love reese's!

Danavee said...

It's the best of both worlds!!!!!!! I love Reese's Pieces too!!!! But how could someone NOT like pumpkin!?!?!!

Jessica said...

They sound delicious!!!