{Funnies}

/
28 Comments
{For those of you that don't know - I work for a private school for students on the autism spectrum or that have similar learning styles.}
The students are always making me laugh, they have such personalities and just say it like it is. As a staff, we love sharing funny stories over lunch. Since I am not in the classroom as much this year I don't get as many great stories as I used to but since my belly has started growing I have a few. These stories are so much funnier for us at work because we know these students and their voices and personalities make the comments that much funnier but you should still get a kick out of them.

***
One morning I was leaving my office and one of our senior students (he is Grade 10) stopped me and we had this conversation:
B: Mrs. Black I don't mean to be rude but that dress makes you look pregnant.
{this is what I was wearing}
Me: Does it B? Well that's good since I am pregnant!
B: You are? 
Me: Yes I am but you may want to be careful saying that to others because you are right, that would have been rude if I wasn't pregnant.
B: Oh...ok but Mrs. Black my Mom said it's better to be married when you get pregnant.
Me: I am married B.
B: You are? I thought you were like 18 years old or somethin'?
Me: Close but nope a few years older than that - but thank you. :)

***
Then last week I was having an intake meeting in my office with a potential family when another senior class student walked into my office to get my paper recycling. 
He clearly got distracted by my belly and we had this conversation:
Z: Hey what's that in your shirt?
Me: You mean my stomach? It's a baby Z. Can we talk about this later though? I have guests in my office - see!?
Z: No I need to know. Is it new?
Me: Yes it's pretty new. 
Z: Yeah cause it's wasn't there on Friday.
Me: Ok thank you Z. We can talk about this later?!
Z: Yes I need to know. It's important you tell me how it got there since Friday.
Thankfully the family I was meeting with laughed and commented that it was a pretty impressive bump if it wasn't there Friday. :)

****
Then just this week one of our grade 3 students saw me in the washroom while we were washing our hands we had this conversation:
Z: Are you pregnant Mrs. Black?
Me: I am Z.
Z: How come just your belly is fat and nothing else?
Me: Well I am just growing the baby in my belly so nowhere else really needs to get fat...
Z: Oh no!! You just wait then cause when my Mom was pregnant EVERYTHING got fat. Even her hands and feet.
:)

There we have it.
Happy Wednesday! :)

Related Posts

28 comments:

Pamela said...

haha! Love this!

Bex said...

Haha, kids say the silliest things! Love that!

Ashley said...

Haha that is too funny!!! Must be great working with those kids!!

Mom said...

Had me laughing out loud!! So cute.

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Those are all too funny! Made my morning :)

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

Those are SO funny. I can totally see students asking that!! I would have burst out laughing at the 'how did it just get there?!' LOL!! Happy Wednesday mama!

Carolyn said...

OMG! This CRACKS ME UP!! :) So funny!

Liz @ Fitness Blondie said...

OMG, hilarious!!! I love it. The first one had me rolling

Jill J @ Classy with a Kick said...

Kids are so funny. I have two nieces and the things they say are hilarious! No filter!

Jill
Classy with a Kick

Erin said...

Kids say the funniest things! But you look fabulous!

Jessica Horton said...

Oh gosh! They really do say whatever is on their minds. Ignorance is such bliss! What a wonderful way to add some humor and joy to your day...and mine! Thanks for sharing! :] And I must agree, you look FABULOUS!

xoxo

Jess

theroadtodiamond.blogspot.com

Courtney Kassner said...

This is so funny! Sounds like there's never a dull moment!

Rachel Steck said...

Priceless. Love these stories! How sweet. Thanks for sharing and thanks for having such a wonderful heart.

xoxo
Rachel@rachelrunshermouth.com

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Those are awesome stories!!! I love their innocence!!

Is your position still open for the year?? ;) I kind of want it!

Sarah @ Life, Love & Dinner said...

hahaha oh how I love this! Some of my students are the same way! This is the best part of the job!

wHiT | Black Little Button blog said...

these are so cute my dear. I love the conversations.
-wHiT

Anonymous said...

So precious! Last time I wore a maxi dress, one of my students pointed me and asked: «Graduate»? cute!

Whit said...

Bahahaha... This made my day!! Oh my gosh I love your students. They are so real and so frank!! Love this post :) xox

Michelle said...

These are AWESOME! Especially the one about the thing in your shirt not being there last Friday! Love it!

Nikki said...

Ok not gonna lie this totally made me laugh and spit out my tea all over my computer. Thanks! Great way to start the day! Love kids!

Nic @ Haus of Harnois said...

So cute! :p

Courtney B said...

Hahahaha! These kids are so sweet! I love how honest they are! They just say exactly what comes to mind :)

Kerry Enos said...

Oh my goodness. The things that come out of kids mouths are too funny! So cute!

Limefreckle said...

OMG so hilarious! I know the teachers at my son's school have many MANY of these types of conversations....the other day I asked my son if I could snuggle up with him in this big chair that they have in the classroom....he said "sorry Mom, it's not for chubby people".....then he saw I looked sad and said "just kidding" (I thought he was going to say "your not chubby") instead he said....A sits here with me all the time, and he's chubby....come on and join me... Love the Autistic mind...so plain and to the point!

Katie said...

these are so funny!!!

Leigh said...

Haha kids say the funniest things!

Seriously?! said...

Totally funny!!! Loved this!!!

Kristin said...

OMG those are amazing and funny!