{Baby Black: Week 24}

/
20 Comments
Highlights: 
Picking nursery colors!
I have 1 nursery project finished and the mobile is close to finished.
The room is so close to being ready to paint. We - meaning Justin - just needs to do some electrical work in the basement [which he almost completed last night!]and to move his computer down there. Then he will paint. :) I am not getting antsy at all am I Justin?!?

Feeling:
So thankful. I keep saying it but I am still in shock WE are getting to do all of this. I am so so thankful and happy.
I have been more tired this past week, perhaps she is growing and stealing my energy again but I took 2 naps this past week which I don't love doing (naps don't love me) but I needed.
She is doing lots of "knocking" in there - that's the best way to describe how it feels and she is very low all the time - which also may be reason for why I spend half my day and night taking potty breaks!

Baby Black:
Her brain is growing quickly now and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Skin is still translucent and thin but will start to change soon. Lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree". She is almost a foot long {which is why I have no waist anymore I am guessing} and weighs about 1.5 pounds!  Gaining weight steadily at a rate of 6 ounces per week. Her sweet face is almost fully formed complete with eyelashes, eyebrows and hair but her locks are all still white as there's no pigment yet. Her hand and footprints are forming!

Justin & Cruz update:
Justin has been very patient with all my prodding to get the nursery going. :) In the mean time he has been open to my "project" suggestions even if he ignored my request to go to Ikea on Sunday. ha ha I know I have the whole summer, I am just not very good at being patient.
He was rubbing my belly on Saturday night and all of a sudden started laughing and said "I just can't believe you have a big belly".
Cruz...love her but I feel like I am always tripping over her. She is always RIGHT THERE behind me or beside me. She's been a bit of a silly goose lately and has a lot of staring contests. I think she is ready for summer break too.
Workouts:
3. My sleepiness won out most of this past week. Cruz and I did longer walks but I took it pretty easy which I am ok with doing every now and then.
Last week:
This week:

What I'm looking forward to:
Seeing my family this weekend [finally] - Mom, Dad, Jeff, Grampa and Chris will be in town for Dad and Jeff's triathlon.

Alison moment of the week:
I can't think of anything. I'm sure Justin can. ;)

Related Posts

20 comments:

Michelle said...

Ahh, the nursery. A husband's favorite part of the pregnancy - LOL! They understand nothing of hormones and nesting. Can't wait to see what you do.

Ashley said...

Okay your belly def. grew this past week!! Such a change!!! It must seem soo surreal!! I'm soo happy you are able to experience all of the joys with pregnancy!!

Courtney Kassner said...

You look great! I guess Cruz can sense what's to come!..and I see what you mean about her being beside you all the time from the 24 week picture! Hope you get to start the nursery soon! I've been the same way towards my husband about wanting to get it started! The weeks are flying by and I'm ready for it to be done!

Kelly said...

You're looking fantastic!! :-D

I cannot wait to start on the nursery but we've decided to completely wait until we find out the sex. One more month!!

You're right, Cruz IS right under foot! Hahaha, looks at those photos, she's RIGHT there! ;-D

Carolyn said...

YAY! :) Get that nursery going! WHOOP! HAHA What are you doing for the mobile? I need to make mine still, but I keep forgetting to buy the supplies!

I love the baby bump! :)

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I agree about the nap thing, I am the same way with them.
Cannot wait to hear more about the nursery! I feel overwhelmed with all the to dos before baby, even though I have 4 months it feels like 4 days! lol

Laurie @ The Rookie Wife said...

Can't wait to hear how the nursery painting goes and see the colors you picked! I was the same way with hubby.. I'm pretty sure he got tired of me nagging all the time. It's funny though, the stuff that bothered me so much before I was pregnant has no effect on me at all. I really don't care if we have a dish or two in the sink, or a laundry hamper full of clothes to wash. There are more important things to worry about now:) You look fantastic as always!

Sarah @ Life, Love & Dinner said...

You look awesome! I'm antsy to get then nursery moving, too, regardless of having the summer. I'm just dying to have it look like a real baby's room!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Tell Justin you can't leave things till the 3rd trimester since you won't have as much energy!

That belly is really popping now! It's so surreal isn't it? I still can't believe you guys are having a baby!

What tri are your brother and Dad doing? Chinook? Hope the weather is good for them. Rain stay away!

You weren't kidding about Cruz never leaving your side. She's practically attached to your hip!

Gabriella said...

I am the same way when it comes to getting stuff done! No patience! :) You must be so excited to get the nursery ready. CUTEST baby bump!! I love that Cruz follows you - your little protector!

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

24! that was such a goal of mine! happy viability mama!!!

Wifessionals said...

I'm always glad to see your updates because you are the closest to the same size as me!!! At first I hated being small but now I'm glad because maybe we won't get stretchmarks as bad as some other who blew up??? Looking good!! (:

Joeylee said...

You look great

jen @nutcaseinpoint said...

Love the devoted pup in each picture!

Katie said...

the only workouts I'm doing now is walking and have for awhile! can't wait to see pictures of the nursery projects! what color paint are you using?

Tami said...

You look AMAZING!! And I hear you on the naps- they don't love me either! But sometimes you just gotta give in and let your body rest!

Heather Leigh said...

Oh you are just so cute!! :) And you look amazing! :)

Caroline said...

You are adorable. I can't believe you're 24 weeks already!

Ashleigh said...

you look so good! I was never a napper until I was pregnant. Once Pregnancy was over so were the naps :)

Whit said...

Look at you and your baby belly!! BEAUTIFUL!! She is just growing like crazy!! Looking forward to seeing this beautiful nursery. AND I love that dog quote/poster. So awesome.
16 weeks to go!!! xox