{Baby Black: Week 23}

/
22 Comments
 {large mango}
Highlights: 
Our appointment yesterday. Hearing her quick little heartbeat is always one of the best and most relieving sounds. She is doing great and doing her job of growing and measuring right on track. My placenta is right at the front of my belly which is why I am not feeling any really strong movements yet and still just flip flops and pressure pokes which is ok as long as she is ok!

My co-worker who is on mat-leave dropped off a big bag of little girly clothes for baby Black - including this bathing suit that I would like to wear myself although that would NOT be cute at all and this really is!

Feeling:
Great! Can't complain. I feel like I have more energy right now for the most part despite the lack of a good sleep most nights. I am hungry constantly so maybe she is going through a growth spurt. I also do a lot of stairs running up and down forgetting what the heck I am doing!
Baby Black: 
Her face is fully formed it just needs to fill out. Blood vessels in lungs are developing to prepare for breathing. She can hear voices and other sounds and can feel my movements. She is also forming little nipples.

Icky & Loving:
Last week as I doing something in the pantry I saw the Birds Custard mix and HAD to have some custard.
I have had a bad track record trying to make it - meaning I have never succeeded and I usually burn a pot or it doesn't work in the microwave. I have no idea. Anyways I tried really hard this time and before I knew it, it was burnt and I wrecked the pot [again]. I was SO mad. So I have been officially fired/retired from trying.
And for the record if I could have driven somewhere to buy some custard I would have and that's a first.
I also can't get enough raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, watermelon, my cousin Logan's homemade raspberry jam and apples with cheddar cheese.
Still had no desire to have one of J's wings on Sunday.

Justin update:
He is great - glad he is home and he doesn't think he will have to be away again before the baby comes which makes us all happy. He says "look at that thing" a lot about my belly! I swear it's growing by the day.

What I'm wearing:
I'm not wearing anything from here but since I love Canadian stores and places that ship FREE to Canada I thought I'd better share with my Canadian readers:
Simons. Free shipping. Cute stuff. Reasonably priced.
Workouts: 
5 workouts.
Finished the squat and plank challenge. So glad that's over. Planned on starting some sort of challenge for June but forgot so since I have the 5km color run at the end of the month I hope to concentrate on a few more runs, 5km would have been nothing but I haven't been loving runs lately BUT I still have a month. Who thought it was a good idea to run a 5km at (I will be) almost 27 weeks pregnant with a speedy half marathon runner (Jolie) and a marathon runner (Leigh) = me idiot. Oh well I am fine with them going ahead and me just getting pelted with color. :)
I did the Express 2nd Trimester workout from this DVD I bought at the garage sale and loved it! It was 30 minutes and you use a resistance band so can make it tough. Best 50 cents I spent! There is a full workout (1 hour) and an express workout (30 minutes) for each trimester.

Alison moment of the week:
I do this at work more than I care to admit - no idea why but when I pick up the phone to make a call - I will type the number into the number pad on my computer keyboard. Doesn't work so well. oi.

Best moment of the week:
Hearing her heart beating away. :)

Related Posts

22 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

It must have been so reassuring to hear our Grand daughters heart beat. Wish we could too!!

wHiT | Black Little Button blog said...

Adorable suite. The part of you dialing on the keyboard is funny. :)
-wHiT

Rachel and John said...

Glad she's doing so well! My placenta was on the front with Henry's pregnancy and I was so sad to not feel movement for so long! But it came and it was amazing. Then with William I had a back placenta and felt movement at 15 weeks...crazy! You are looking lovely. Glad everything is going so well for you!!

Jamie said...

That bathing suit is perfection.

Michelle said...

Cute preggo shirt -and you look great for 23 weeks! New follower!!! :)

Sarah @ Life, Love & Dinner said...

Just found your blog through the link-up! Looks like I'm due a week before you, with a baby girl! :)

Katie said...

that made me laugh about making a phone call. :) that swim suit is SOOO cute! and i still get so happy whenever you say she - so happy for you and your little girl!!!!!

Ashley said...

That bump is def. growing!! Soo glad the appt went well yesterday!!

Leigh said...

That bathing suit is adorable! :) Thanks for posting about that site...can't wait to get my package!

Rachel Steck said...

I'm so glad baby is doing well and that you're feeling good!
That little bathing suit is adorable, too bad there isn't a matching one for mommy.

xoxo
Rachel@rachelrunshermouth.com

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

i have an anterior placenta too! it can be frustrating sometimes!
im glad the appt went well - its always so amazing to hear the hb!
i just die over your girl clothes, makes me wanna pop this boy out and implant a girl! LOL!

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

ps. not to be creepy but your cleavage in your calendar shirt is perfect!

Laura said...

One of my all-time favorite snacks is cheddar cheese with apples! Best SNACK EVER! Love it! I'm SUPER impressed you're running a 5k at the end of the month. I used to do a lot of running..but I am way too out of shape to start trying that again now that I'm pregnant. I hope to get back to it after the baby is here. I just bought some prenatal dvds today and I hope to start prenatal yoga next Tuesday...I gotta start doing something to keep in shape for my little one! Great to find you, can't wait to count down to your little one's arrival!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Love that suit, I forgot to send yours I got! Bad friend, I will get it there soon, promise.
Sharing all these clothes with me you are going to make me a shopaholic (because I wasn't already...)! I have bought tons on Pink Blush and Zulily. I will review some outfits very soon.
I will run with you! I might be slower too. I try to run 5-9km a week but did not run at all last week. A couple of my friends coming down for it too are not runners at all!
Hearing the heartbeat is always awesome! I understand why people buy dopplers!

Courtney Kassner said...

Oh, pregnancy brain! It sure is weird to feel like you're losing your mind! Also, my husband refers to my belly as "that thing" too. "That thing doubled overnight!" Haha I love your growing bump!!

Kaylin said...

You are just too cute pregnant!!!! The bump suits you :)

Carolyn said...

YAY! :) So glad she's doing so well in there! My placenta is in the front too... makes feeling baby moving a little more difficult, but they do get stronger! :)

Ashley @ Words About Waverly said...

What an adorable bathing suit and momma-to-be!!! First time by the blog - congrats!

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

In that case, this kind of question should not be taken from any show telecasted
in specific country. Local country clubs are offering trivia fun for as little
as forty dollars per couple. 28.

Feel free to surf to my web-site; pub quiz Archive

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

I figured you had anterior placenta and that's why you hadn't felt much yet.

That is the cutest bathing suit!! Your girl is going to have so many cute suits to wear at the lake!

Sorry about the custard. Apparently there is really good custard in the US but that doesn't help you when you want it NOW!

Look at you getting all your workouts in! Send me some energy please!

Whit said...

hahaha.. Seriously? The keyboard? I love it! That still doesn't beat the backwards leggings ;) And I love that Simon's online store... yes you did just read that. I think i may order a... dress! Such cute stuff! 17 weeks to go!!!
xox

Courtney B said...

Ooooh you just look AMAZING! I am getting soooo excited for you! And that swimsuit is ADORABLE!