{Three Things Thursday}

/
14 Comments
{my brother always sends me jokes via text and I love them}

Happy Thursday!!! This has been one long, busy week. I was not expecting it as last week was long and busy so it threw me for a loop. We are hiring for my job this week and it stresses me out! As much as I cannot wait to be home with our girls (like seriously can't wait!!!), I LOVE my job to no end and I seem to be protective over it. ;) I know whoever we hire for the year will be great.

On to three things. Cause that's all I got.
{1} Yoga last night was fantastic! It was a substitute teacher but I really liked her and flow of the class. She gave lots of ways to challenge us if we wanted to kick it up a notch which I really appreciated and it was also very relaxing. It was also nice to chat with the other pregnant ladies before and after class. 
I will admit at the end of class during shavasana when you are supposed to relax, let go, yada yada - all I could think about was coming home and having a bowl of the apple crisp below.

{2} I made this apple crisp for Justin's birthday. Most Martha Stewart recipes I have tried have all been great and this was no exception. It was similar to my Mom's with a good amount of crisp (the best part) on top!

{3} On to something not so good...
This is the awesome basket I "won" at the silent auction for our school. 
Justin looked through it and in typical Justin fashion called it voodoo and complained that it was flax this and flax that. :) Little does he know I have quite of few of these items in our pantry already.
Anyways - this morning I tried the Pumpkin Seed Butter on (luckily only half of) my English muffin.
Not good.
This will be saved for baking. I think it will be good in these energy balls I make instead of peanut butter.
We shall see. But it is a no good otherwise. ick.
That's it for today!Have a fabulous one. 

Related Posts

14 comments:

Pamela said...

Oh man, I am going to have to try to make that apple crisp!! Looks delicious! Doesn't hurt that I have all of the ingredients already at home either! I bet that pumpkin butter would be good in the energy balls!!

Rachel Steck said...

I'm so happy that you are able to stay home with your babies. What a blessing. I know you love your job, I can tell from previous posts, but you are getting ready to start the BEST and hardest job on the planet! It will be wonderful - I'm jealous. Enjoy it!
xoxo
Rachel@rachelrunshermouth.com

Jessica said...

Lol! You'll have to do a lot of baking ;)

Ashley said...

Mmmhmm that apple crisp looks yummy!!! I Love apple crisp!!! The crispy part on the pop is the best!!

Jamie Sefcik || Hello Little Scout said...

Yum! I'll have to try that pumpkin seed butter :)

Nikki said...

Congrats on winning that basket! Looks like lost of great stuff!

Are you gonna a SAHM?

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I cannot imagine how nerve racking it can be hiring your replacement. I am super lucky and we are hiring my best friend to replace me. She works in the same industry and close with me currently so it will be a easy transition. I have control issues so if it was not her I would be nervous too!

Gabriella said...

It is wonderful that you love your job and want to make sure you hire the right person. I am sure you will find someone wonderful! That apple crisp looks delicious!

Jamie said...

That apple crisp looks delish!

Kristin said...

well at least its almost Friday!! wooottt

Limefreckle said...

you sound like such a great teacher! I'm sure it will be hard to leave your kiddos, but soon you'll be so busy with your own! And if you are like the teachers at my son's school, you are really more like family members, so it won't be so hard!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Hope you find someone awesome, but not too awesome for your job! Always stressful!

The basket looks full of goodies- Justin doesn't know what he is missing! Too bad about the pumpkin seed butter but I think in smoothies or the energy balls it will be good. I need to find a non-nut butter for Audrey's lunches since the day home is nut free. I'm thinking of trying sunflower seed butter.

OMG I love that ET joke!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Forgot to ask- where are you taking prenatal yoga? I'm so doing that next time! If you are interested, there is a great prenatal aquasize class at Foothills pool. It's more social than a crazy workout but it's fun!

Janna Renee said...

Wow. What an awesome prize, that's some GOOD stuff. I'd be craving that apple crisp too!