Shopping on Sundays or biking on Sundays?

/
26 Comments

I saw this post idea first over at Kaitlyn's blog Wifessionals - her and I are both 18 weeks!
She found out she was having a girl at 14 weeks...Monday we find out what our babe is so I thought I would do these gender predictions/old wives tales as well. 
We have had a lot of different speculations from people. Lily is certain it's a boy. I'm not sure she will believe me if it turns out being a girl.
I have never really had a strong feeling either way and we obviously are happy with either.
So....

If the heartbeat is over 140 beats per minute then it's a girl. 
If it's lower, it's a boy.
All 3 times we have seen or heard it it's been over 140. 
GIRL
If you're craving sweet things, its a girl. If you're dying for salty or sour things, then its a boy.
I have been craving both at times, but overall through the past 18 weeks, salty or sour has won out. Other than my fruit obsession or ice cream/sorbet or frozen yogurt! ;) So hard to say  so I guess we'll go with:
BOY/GIRL
Mood test: Mostly happy? Then it's a boy. More moody? Then it's a girl.
BOY
Chinese Birth Chart - This method uses the Lunar calendar to determine your babies gender by taking note of the mothers age at time of conception along with the month of conception. According to this calendar, Age at conception: 30, Month of conception: January
GIRL

 Even/odd test: If your birth year and your age are both even numbers or both odd numbers then you are going to give birth to a girl. If one is odd, the other even, a boy is on the way. 
My birth year is: 1982, My age is: 30
GIRL

Legend says that if you're having a girl, she'll steal your beauty and your skin will break out. If you don't experience any acne, it's a boy.
GIRL ALL THE WAY
If you find yourself clumsier with pregnancy, you're having a boy. If you remain grounded and still in control of your body, it's a girl.
I am always clumsy!!?
BOY

If dad gains weight, it's a girl. If his weight stays the same, it's a boy.
BOY
Morning Sickness? If you're stricken with a queasy stomach during your first trimester, think ribbons and bows. If you sail through your pregnancy with nary an upset stomach, it's blue all the way. 
I was darn lucky with no real sickness.
BOY
If you are carrying the baby low and in front then it means you're having a boy.  If you're carrying high and expand horizontally, then it means you're having a girl.
I am definitely expanding horizontally! I feel so wide, but my coworker ladies say I am carrying low...so:
GIRL/BOY

Ring test: Take a piece of string, tie your wedding band to it and dangle it above the bump. If it swings back and forth it's a girl. If it swings in a circle it's a boy.
Only tried this onc but it went in a circle. 
BOY
Sleeping test: If you sleep more on your right side it's a girl. If you sleep more on your left side it's a boy.
Sleeping is not my friend. I am so used to sleeping on my tummy and back! urg. But on my right I find I sleep "better".
GIRL

Headaches? 
If you have headaches - it's a boy. No headaches - girl.
BOY
all photos via

Totals:
Boy: 8
Girl: 7


What's your vote for baby Black? Girl or Boy?? Leave me a comment below!

I had always envisioned having a little gender reveal party but logistically it just won't work. Mom and Dad are at the lake, Jolie is back home visiting, my MIL Debbie works nights...so we have to think of some other fun way to announce it!
I won't be posting right away after the appointment but you will all know next week sometime too I promise! :)

Related Posts

26 comments:

Chrissy said...

Oh my word. You're right down the middle! I'm gonna go with Girl!

Courtney Kassner said...

I still think girl for you!

Tennille said...

I am so excited to hear :)

Rachel Steck said...

I see you with a girl. But I can also see you with a boy. I'm no help!! I had to laugh about Justin gaining some weight....ha! Can't wait to hear!! Woo hoo!!
xoxo

www.rachelrunshermouth.com

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I am voting girl for you! I need to go back through them for myself, but HB says girl (always over 150), morning sickness - girl, Chinese birth chart - girl, birthday/age - girl, headaches - boy, acne - mine has been better so boy! Too cute to read this :)

Ashley said...

I think boy! But I've said that from the start, so I'm sticking to it!! That means you have a good chance of having a girl! Although I've been right lately!!

Jennifer Golding said...

I vote for whatever Cruze wants! :)

wHiT | Black Little Button blog said...

My vote is boy! :)
-wHiT

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

I am always wrong, and I think boy...so it's probably a girl!! (I thought boy with Brooke bahaha) Oh it's so exciting either way!! I cannot wait for you girl!! Eeep!

Sarah said...

Haha.. I had many signs of a boy and all wrong... it was a girl!!!

krink said...

Boy!

Leigh said...

I have no idea either way, so I will say girl because they are fun to dress :)

Joeylee said...

Im gonna guess GIRL!

Gabriella said...

I am thinking girl, but I had the same feeling with my co-worker and she is having a boy. Marco's sister is pregnant too (due Oct 2), and she is finding out the sex tomorrow. So fun - all these babies! Can't wait to hear!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Oh those old wives tales! All over the map! And I want to eat all the cakes and candies in this post!

For fun, I just did it with Audrey and it mostly leaned towards girl.

I have a boy feeling for you.

OMG you are going to keep us in suspense? You are mean!!!

Sara Turner said...

I`m going to vote boy! for no real reason. We used to do the wedding ring on a string thing when all my aunts were pregnant when I was a kid (I`m the second oldest of many many cousins) but we`d use a needle on a string instead (I think it`s like an Italian tradition thing)

Katie said...

i vote boy!! :) i can't wait to find out - you better email me! :)

Carolyn said...

I told you this already, but after reading the answers to these... I totally think girl! :)

Kae Schumacher said...

Girl :) loves!

Lindsey thomas said...

Boy!!

Kristin said...

I'm guessing boy!

Caroline said...

Oh I can't wait to find out! Eeek!

Jamie said...

I vote girl!

Jessica said...

I'm guessing girl!!!

Whit said...

I love this. I had no clue of some of these wives tales!! So neat. I was definitely a moody lady with this pregnancy and with East I was a happy little camper ;) lol. And now we know how that worked out.
My bet you are having a girl, either way this babe is ridiculously loved!! xox

Momma StJ said...

Girl, definitely.