{Baby Black: Week 21}

/
16 Comments
Highlights:
This little girl must love the lake as much as her mama cause I felt the first definite movements while at the lake. I thought I could feel little pressure pokes at the campfire Friday night and then in bed that night but then while lounging Saturday, Sunday and Monday I could her more and more. While at work yesterday I kept feeling something move from one side of my belly to the next. It's pretty amazing. And distracting!  How am I supposed to work when I just want to enjoy all those moments! I just can't wait for Justin to feel them - right now he just pokes the belly hoping she can feel him.

Feeling:
Pretty great. I do still get headaches, wake up on average 4 times a night and then struggle to get back to sleep (so I always feel sleepy) but these are all super manageable so it's all good really and I would not change it for the world.
Baby Black: Her eyebrows and eyelids are present now. Taste buds are forming on her tongue. Her eyelids are still sealed but her eyes are active. She is busy putting on weight - just like her mama - ha ha! She drinks amniotic fluid regularly for hydration and nutrition. She has her own lifetime supply of eggs in her ovaries already! She is the size of a pomegranate.

Workouts:
 4 workouts plus squat and plank challenge most days - I forgot about them on Sunday and Monday - oups! So I will have to double up!
I love this workout tank right now. :)
What I'm looking forward to:
More movements!
Jolie gets home today! Jeff this week too. They have both been gone a long time.
We are picking out paint colors this week!

Best moment of the week:
Being at the lake for 3 days with Justin, Mom, Dad, Cruz, Junie, Nana - etc.
Feeling her move.
Sunshine.

PS. Today is the last day to enter the Pink Blush Maternity giveaway - I will announce the winner tomorrow!

Related Posts

16 comments:

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Yay soo excited you felt her!! It can be distracting. Since I am still early I can only feel baby at night when I am rested laying down so I find myself zoning out to everything else during those moments.

Laurie @ The Rookie Wife said...

Feeling those first movements is always amazing, actually..I'm 38 weeks and still every moment I feel amazes me. It's a great feeling knowing what our bodies can do!

Tami said...

You look gorgeous! And how exciting to feel movement! I think it's one of the very best parts!

Carolyn said...

The first movements are so special!! :) You're looking so great!! Keep growing little baby girl! :)

Rachel Steck said...

That's so exciting!! Feeling her move is awesome, exciting and weird I'm sure. Can't wait until Justin can feel and see her move across your belly.
That work out tank is awesome, I definitely need that. To wear on a regular basis. Ha!
Have a great day!
xoxo
Rachel@rachelrunshermouth.com

Leigh said...

Can't wait to see what colours your chose for the nursery :) So awesome that you are able to feel her wiggle and move now :)

Courtney Kassner said...

Yay! So excited you felt her move! It's the best feeling!

Jessica Horton said...

The BEST part about being pregnant, in my opinion, was feeling the baby move! I even had a mini meltdown the day before I had my son because I knew I would miss it so much. Enjoy every minute of it while she's in there!!!

By the way, what prenatal are you taking? I was struggling a lot with restlessness and fatigue during my pregnancy until I switched to a high end vitamin that was recommended to me. Surprisingly it made a huge difference!!

xoxo

Jess

theroadtodiamond.blogspot.com

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

So exciting that you've felt her move!! Best feeling ever! I kinda miss it!

I've heard orange juice gets them moving.

Can't wait to see what colour you pick for the nursery!

Bex said...

I miss feeling the movement!

That workout tank is a must have for me!

Gabriella said...

SO cool that you felt her move! I can't even imagine what that must be like. You are more than half way now! Excited to see nursery colors!

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

i feel like time is flying! still lookin good mama! happy youre feeling movements and cant wait to see the nursery ideas!

Ashley said...

Movement!!!! Yay!!! Soo happy you are finally able to feel this miracle from the inside on the outside!! And paint colors!! Can't wait to see what you pick!!

Katie said...

how fun to start feeling her move! I still love it and would rather sit all day feeling her kick than do anything! and last night I got up 7 times to pee!!

Natalie Welch said...

LOVE your Tuesday updates! Been following you for a while and I'm so happy that your prayers were answered. It's neat to follow your journey! Thanks for sharing..

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

So I don't know if you changed a setting but when I read your posts in google reader I can't see anything other than the text.. The images don't appear.. not sure if you knew that but just throwing it out there... Love the baby bump looking good girl!