{Baby Black: Week 20}

/
26 Comments

Highlights:
It's Justin's birthday today!!!!
Happy Birthday to the best husband and daddy around! I could not possible love you more.
 You are one of a kind Justin - we are so lucky you are ours and we hope you know that every single day! Your girls love you very much. We are excited to celebrate with you tonight!

Feeling: Great. Can't complain one bit. Sleep still isn't my friend, apparently I have the smallest bladder ever. But I have started wearing a sleep mask (even though J says goodnight to the queen when I wear it!) and I think it helps me sleep better...

Baby Black: A white, creamy substance called Vernix caseosa protects her skin from it's aqueous environment. She is swallowing more these days. And also producing neconium now which is a by-product of digestion.

Icky & Loving: Nothing to report.

Justin update: He is old. :) Just kidding babe. The birthday boy is great!

What I'm wearing: Whatever is comfortable. More dresses now and I love maternity jeans/capris/shorts. I may never switch back. ha ha

Speaking of wearing... I went through a period when Justin and I were dating and I lived at home (so had only car payments to worry about - thanks Mom and Dad!) where was I was obsessed with buying baby clothes - if I saw something adorable & on sale I would buy it for 'future use'. Well on Thursday night I went through the bins I had saved for our future babes (the same bins that over the years I may have cursed thinking I may not get to use the darn stuff!) and apparently I hoped I would have a girl one day and would pass on my love for shoes. :)
I also have about 20 firefighter shirts, onesies and PJs cause when Justin and I were first dating he started firefighting part time and did so for about 4 years. oups. But I figure a girl can wear them too just throw a cute skirt, tights and a bow. :)

Workouts: 5 workouts plus squat and plank challenge each day. Planks seem really hard right now?!
I'm looking forward to my first prenatal yoga class tomorrow night.
versus
(not much change)
What I'm looking forward to: May long weekend at the lake!!

Best moment of the week: Being halfway!! 20 weeks. Holy moly. I remember being excited when I was 7 weeks!!
The ultrasound morning was still one of the best moments EVER. And buying a stroller was exciting!

Related Posts

26 comments:

Joeylee said...

Yay for being half way!
Happy Birthday to your hubby
Love the shoes!!

Jessica said...

Happy birthday to your hubby! That baby belly is definitely starting to poke out ;)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Hooray for being half way through and happy birthday to Justin!! You look adorable and I love that your tummy is starting to 'pop' a bit. I sleep with a sleep mask EVERY night and would be lost without it... so you might find it habit forming!

Pamela said...

Happy birthday, Justin! Love seeing your little bump!

Wifessionals said...

YAY for being halfway! I woke up this morning and was so excited to say that! I LOVE all your shoes. I wish I would have been saving them all this time!

Taylor @ Pink Heels Pink Truck said...

Yay for being halfway!! Girl you look fab! And how fun to have been buying clothes/shoes all this time. That's the bestest idea ever! ;) LOL

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Time is flying! Glad to hear you are feeling well, I just need to kick these headaches now. Love all the baby shoes too :) Happy Birthday to Justin!

Bex said...

Wow I can't believe it's already half way!!

You look so cute

Carolyn said...

HALFWAY!! :) Happy birthday Justin! I love that you had bins of baby stuff ready! :) SO CUTE!!

Mom and Dad said...

We shouldn't be surprised you bought all those
shoes....but....really?!?!
And all those shirts?!? There may have to be an intervention...haha

Happy Birthday to Justin...the man who makes our daughter very happy.

Jamie said...

You're so cute! Love all the shoes. She's a lucky girl.

Rachel Steck said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUSTIN!!
You are well-loved and super-blessed.

The baby shoe collection cracked me up. Those are all adorable! She will look great in each pair.

xoxo

Rachel@rachelrunshermouth.com

Courtney B said...

I'm loving your bump! So adorable!
Happy Birthday Justin!!
And be careful with planks! It seems like the further you get in pregnancy, you're supposed to avoid planks!

Nikki said...

1. Happy Birthday Justin!

2. HOLY CRAP YOUR 20 WEEKS ALREADY!?!?! Where the heck did that time go?!

Kae Schumacher said...

Happy Birthday Justin! just a great day for birthdays!

love all the girls shoes! ;) xxoo loves

Jamie Sefcik || Hello Little Scout said...

Happy birthday! Looks like you guys had a great time! And you are so adorable!

Jessica Horton said...

Yay!! Happy Birthday to your hubby. That is SO awesome about the baby shoes!! She'll be the best dressed diva around. Congrats on being half way to meeting your little princess. Have fun at yoga tomorrow!!

xoxo

Jess

theroadtodiamond.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

Half Way!!!! Yay!!!

I love firefighter stuff too!!! My sister has been giving me Brandon's firefighter stuff! I think girls can rock it!! Love that you had a bin! I can say I just really started buying for future children and they don't even fill a drawer yet... Yet... Lol

Happy Birthday Justin!!! Sending birthday wishes from Ont!!!

wHiT | Black Little Button blog said...

AWE happy birthday to the hubby, look how small cruz in that one picture. too cute!

Awe and I am secretly doing the same thing. I scored a crib for $5 last year at a rummage sale. and slowing adding the baby toys (which come in handy with friends with little ones recently) ;)

Thankfully the husband isn't a snooper and doesn't even look.
-wHiT

Courtney Kassner said...

You look great! Glad you ended up having a girl after buying all those cute shoes!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Yay halfway mark!!

Happy birthday Justin!

Too funny about all the baby clothes! You weren't kidding about that! That girl is set!

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

You're lookin great!! I love the shoes....too funny! Do you have a Snoogle?? I swear that body pillow is the reason why I got such good sleep. I had no probs til the last month when I was a whale. Enjoy your yoga--it was one of my favorite things to do while pregnant. XO

Meghan said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby and yay for reaching half way!

Caroline said...

Halfway there, friend!

Gabriella said...

I hope Justin had a great birthday Looking good Mama! Those shoes are too adorable! :)

Janna Renee said...

I was gonna say... you look the same! Happy Belated Birthday to Justin!!