{Baby Black: Week 19}

/
36 Comments
Highlights:
Spending an hour watching this little one dart all over the place, show us its yoga moves and then promptly fall asleep showing us mainly its spine!
As well as sweet baby Finley being born!
I can show this now that Fin has been born and the world knows her gender.

Feeling: Great. My belly has been really itchy and sleep still isn't great but I cannot complain.

Baby Black: Kidneys continue to make urine and hair on the head is starting to sprout! Baby Black's sensory development is going crazy! It's brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision and touch. It's arms and legs are in the right proportion to each other and it's little body now.

Icky & Loving: Target opens today and I was saying to Justin this morning at 6:00am that I hope they will carry Motts Fruit Chillers. ;) I also secretly hope he takes Cruz and I for frozen yogurt soon. :)

Justin update: Justin is great. I know he is enjoying this process just as much as me which makes it that much more special.

Cruz update: People have been asking if I think Cruz "knows" and it's hard to say. She is my shadow anyways. No matter where I go - she comes with me. Even if she is dead tired if I get up for the 6th time to use the washroom she comes. She has also always been really protective of me, like if Justin tickles me or he comes up to me from behind and bugs me Cruz gets right in there trying to help. So it's tricky to know at this point with her, she's a mamas girl.
What I'm wearing: I splurged and bought a pair of skinny jeans and capris from Old Navy {maternity}. They are amazing. They are a bit big but I feel so much more comfortable and confident in them. I also had a co-worker {who is on maternity leave} drop off a bag of her maternity stuff for me so that was very sweet. So I think it will get easier from here - especially since the weather is nice.

Workouts: 5 workouts plus I am going to tackle this challenge for the month of May. Dad said I should wait a couple months so I can rest on my belly for planks! Not a bad idea! So far it's going well!

I also did this workout from Fit in Heels which was great and tough! It's called "I'm Pregnant Not Dead"
There are 10 exercises for this workout - I modified a few mainly cause I forgot what they were from her video. whops.
1. Wide Squats - I used 10lb weights
2. Forearm Plank Foot Walkouts - I didn't walk my feet out, I went down to plank of elbows and up to hands.
3. Tricep Push Ups
4. Side Plank (Wide Leg) Taps (Right) - I tapped my hip to the ground
5. Side Plank (Wide Leg) Taps (Left) - same as right
6. Curtsy Lunges
7. Hand Plank Hip Touches
8. Reverse Warrior Lunge- Right (an option is to do regular squats if you are in the 3rd trimester)
9. Reverse Warrior Lunge- Left (an option is to do regular squats if you are in the 3rd trimester)
10. Modified Jumping Jacks - I did full
[You will complete 10 reps of each, then move to 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, and 2.]

What I'm looking forward to: 
Getting started on the nursery and talking names. :)

Best moment of the week:
By far yesterday morning. It was incredible. The anticipation was crazy and it was all just too exciting and then I was a big blubbering mess! :) It was just too wonderful for words.
I could have layed there all morning watching our squirmy bean.
Oh you want to know what we found out...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Our sweet baby is a girl and we could not be happier! Justin is out numbered even more now but he predicted this so I think he was prepared! And now we get to pick out pink paint and a pretty chandelier!!!

Related Posts

36 comments:

Leigh said...

So excited again for you guys! She sure is going to be one lucky girl :)

Courtney Kassner said...

Yay!!! Congratulations on a sweet baby girl! So excited for you!!

Jessica said...

Eeek!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Tennille said...

Yay yay yay!!!! I am so excited for you guys!!!! She is going to be one well dressed little girl :)

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Congratulations again!! I'm so excited for you guys!! Your girl and Fin are definitely going to be besties!!

I was a big blubbering mess too! So amazing and special though. Yay for pink paint and a chandelier! (Get J to put a dimmer switch in too- looks so pretty with the chandelier and the soft light is great for bed time).

You have definitely popped this week! LOVE it!

Good job on that workout. I think I might try it and I'm not even pregnant! As for laying on the belly- it feels weird! Your dad is funny!

Wow- time is flying! It seems to be going by so fast.

Carolyn said...

OMG! I totally knew you were having a girl!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEK!! :)

And I totally see a baby bump in that pic! Adorable! :) :) :) :) :)

Rebekah said...

Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations on a baby GIRL!!

Ashley said...

I'm just sooo happy for you!!! A sweet little girl!!! What's in store for nursery now? Do tell and names!!! Can't wait to see how this all unfolds!!!

krink said...

So excited! <3

Lacey said...

Awe yay!! Congrats lady! So excited for you guys :)

Leslie said...

Super excited for you guys! She is going to be one of the best dressed little ladies around!

Seriously said...

OMG! OMG! OMG!!!!

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo thrilled for you!!! XOXOXOXOXOXO

aimee bee said...

Congrats!

Gabriella said...

A GIRL!!!!!! I guessed right! :) Beyond excited for you! Congrats to you, Justin, and big sister Cruz!

Debby said...

A girl, how exciting!! She will be as beautiful as her mama. Congratulations to you and Justin.

Bex said...

Aw yay! You will have so much fun buying all the adorable girly clothes! Congrats!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

YAY! I told Chad last night girl :) lol We have a similar reveal planned with balloons. I love the little girl chandeliers! I was in Ikea on Saturday and told Chad if we have a girl we are getting one for sure.
Your bump is so cute! And I agree the maternity Old Navy skinny jeans are awesome.

Nikki said...

Baby black is a GIRL! So exciting!

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

Yaaaaaaay!!! Congrats congrats congrats!! Oh Alison, you are going to love having a little girl!! I'm tearing up just thinking about all of the amazing girlie things coming your way! You are tricky; I should have scrolled right to the bottom to find out!! I cannot wait to see how you decorate, dress and what you name her!! SO FUN!! :D

Katie said...

I am SOOOOOO happy for you!!! what a cute picture too! and I still just LOVE those capris - they are so cute!! yeah for nursery and name planning! do you have names you like already?

Mom & Dad said...

So... we are going to have a bike ridin', waterskin', fitness conscious little girl are we.....SO excited for you, Justin, Cruz and US!!!! You look great by the way :)))

Amy said...

Awww, How exciting. Congrats!

Krysta said...

Yay for girls! Congratulations!

Chrissy said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Congrats! Baby girls are so awesome!

Laurie @ The Rookie Wife said...

Awww yay!!!! SO many baby girls:) and I can finally see a little baby belly.. and I do mean "little" hehe:) So happy for you!

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

i love your reveal!!!! i had a feeling she would be a sweet girl!
congratulations mama!!!!!

Kaylin said...

Oh man. A little princess. So excited for you guys!! Congrats! P.S. You look SOOOO good

Caroline said...

Yay! I am so excited for you!

Mandy said...

Eeeeek!! Congratulations on finding out you're having a baby girl!!!! :) Does she have a name yet? I was wondering if you were going to announce when I saw your sweet u/s pics!! Glad you're feeling well and things are going so great! So happy for you guys again! Now on to the fun part of decorating and buying girly things!!

Kae Schumacher said...

Omg I have been waiting to read this all day!!!! Sssssooooo excited for you guys :) loves loves

Jessica Horton said...

Amazing!!! Congrats!! You'll have to let me know how having a little girl is. I love my little man but I'm hoping I get to experience a girl one day too! I'm so SO happy and excited for you and your little growing family!!!

xoxo

Jess

theroadtodiamond.blogspot.com

Courtney B said...

Aaaaahhhh! CONGRATULATIONS!! I may be biased (ha!) but I think girls are just the BEST! I am so happy and excited for you! Woo hoo!!! :)
So I probably missed it, but what are you putting on your belly? I used bio oil morning and night. And sometimes I'd use cetaphil moisturizing cream (not lotion) if I felt like my skin was super dry. Keeping it moisturized will help with the itchiness!

Amber said...

Congratulations on having a little GIRL! Ahhh how exciting. I can't wait to find out a name, see the nursery come together and of course those adorable outfits!!

Al said...

YAY!! Baby Girl Black!!! So excited! Congrats, love!!!!! xoxo

Jamie said...

Yay for baby girls!

Kristen said...

such a cute bump!