{Weekend Rundown}

/
18 Comments
This weekend flew by as they typically do!
Friday Justin was off so he did a bunch of things on his baby the Xterra and went for a great bike ride.
After work Cruz and I went for an awesome run despite the crazy wind!
My view Friday evening:
Saturday Justin was busy helping a co-worker move so worked out and then I went through my closet and put a whole swack of clothes in a tupperware bin that just don't work right now. Hoping this helps to make finding an outfit I feel comfortable in easier - which is no easy task right now!
Then Leigh and I met up at Cross Iron for a shopping trip. We didn't have much luck but it was nice to hangout and chat. Cruz and I went for a long windy walk afterwards which was nice too.

Saturday night we headed out to my parents where Jeff and Jolie cooked a Spanish feast for us, Mom & Dad, Uncle Ken & Auntie Cathy & Nana! You have to cook dinner if you WIN the hockey pool we do each year - Jolie won!
They made 2 kinds of paella - one with chicken and chorizo and the other with muscles, shrimp and scallops. They were both amazing! They also made sangria and even made a virgin one for me which tasted just like the real thing! So tasty!! Thank you again you guys! We did our hockey pool for this seasons playoffs - I went with Vancouver! Go Canucks!

Sunday this girl wasn't feeling so hot so I did a lot of cleaning up of her breakfast, poor thing.
Justin went for another bike ride and switched the tires on the car while I went to a wedding shower. It was nice to catch up with the cousins on Justin's side that we don't often see - such a  fun group of girls.
 Luckily by the time I got home Cruz was feeling better and was ready for a long ravine walk.
This is her refusing to look at me when I make her sit and pose. ;) She should know the routine by now!
Sunday evening we went to the watering hole and watched some Breaking Bad. And now here we are back at Monday!! Le sigh.
Hope everyone had a lovely weekend and that you are surviving your Monday!

Related Posts

18 comments:

Whitney Tomlin said...

Poor cruz! My little sophie was sick on sunday morning too. It was storming so I think maybe the weather made her anxious and her belly got upset. Glad you had a good weekend!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I did the same thing a couple weeks ago, I was getting frustrated at the clothes just were not working for me. But now I am into some Spring tops and am finding they are all really tight across the bust! Boo.

Carolyn said...

I went through my closet and reorganized it so I only deal with clothes I can actually wear, and it helped so much!!!

Hopefully Cruz is feeling better!

Ashley said...

Poor Cruz! Glad she is feeling better!! That is funny that the winner has to cook dinner! Lol sounds like they made a feast!! Yay or clothes not fitting! That means the baby is growing!! Lol

Courtney Kassner said...

Poor Cruz! The pic of her feeling bad with her tongue hanging out is so sad! Glad she's better! And love the Moses basket in the background!

Laurie @ The Rookie Wife said...

aww poor Cruz! :( sounds like quite the weekend.. I had to laugh at the quote you started with cuz it's so me! haha

Leigh said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend :) Thanks again for the shopping trip. What was wrong with Cruz? Just an upset belly?

Gabriella said...

Poor Cruz! Glad she is feeling better. I am going with the Sharks! GO SHARKS!!! ;)

Amber said...

Poor pup! Hope she feels all better now. I LOVE spanish food. The seafood paella sounds ah-ma-zing!

Whit said...

Mmmmm paella -- nicely done Jeff & Jolie!! Sounds like a fabulous weekend!! The only thing that would have made it better was a certain someone arriving. Just sayin' ;) xox Happy Monday!!

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

haha your top photo, story of my life!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Great weekend, minus the sick pup and the evil wind. Way to ruin the great weather. Hope C is feeling better.

Good call on putting away the stuff that no longer fits. Will make getting ready much easier and less annoying. I put away a bunch of my winter clothes (not all) to make room for the spring stuff.

Dinner on Saturday sounded delicious!

jen @nutcaseinpoint said...

i hate when puppies aren't feeling good! I always wish they could talk so they could tell me exactly what's wrong.

on a side note, our new pup got conjunctivitis the day after we got him, so THAT was a fun vet bill!

Limefreckle said...

I'm on season 2 of breaking Bad....it can be a little dark, I definitely have to be in the mood for it!!! Sounds like spring has finally reached you too!

Jamie said...

She's so cute. Hope your Monday was good!

wHiT | Black Little Button blog said...

Regardless you still got an awesome photo of Cruz :)
-wHiT

Jessica said...

You need to stock up on some good maternity clothes girl! ;)

Janna Renee said...

Aaaaahhh! I love seeing the bassinet!!