Easter Weekend Rewind

/
16 Comments
Oh how I miss Spring Break already... 
Friday Just had the day off so we got to spend the day together!
We went to the mall and wondered, had lunch together, walked Cruz (it was SO beautiful out) and then headed down town to the Flames game.
{Clearly I was up far past my bedtime!}
But you can always bribe me with popcorn for dinner and a malt twist. chunkymonkey
It was a fun game though despite the loss. We were row 5 so it was cool to see just how HUGE some of the guys are, see their faces and expressions and it was a pretty incredible moment when they did a little video montage for our captain Iginla who just got traded. There was a very long standing ovation and all the players were the first to stand and tap their sticks, it was pretty cool. Don't worry I didn't shed a tear.

Then Saturday we were up and ready for the drive to the lake.
Once we arrived we visited with Jeff, Jols, Lindsey, Steve, Neil, MC and baby Kaley.
Then Logan and the family came down and we died eggs, made Easter crafts and they taught me how to "play chess"... some how I lost each time.
Then it was turkey time at Auntie Cathy & Uncle Ken's! So good. We missed Mom and Dad though!!
That evening we went to visit Thomas's and then we had people over to our cabin. 
Then next morning Cruz and I were up early while my 3 other roomies slept until lunch time and did not feel so hot the rest of the day. ;)
That day went had leftovers with the fam and then headed down for "early birthdays" for all the kids. Gave me the chance to actually buy them all presents not just send a gift card!
Clay and Just helping Dal sent up his Chuck race track...
Avah and Mayela with Avah's My little pony set up.
Then Avah put on a concert for all of us - SO out of character for Avah who can be so shy. I was so proud of her! "Princesses just wanna have fun!"
Dal LOVES Cruz and clearly the feeling is mutual!!
That afternoon Jeff and Jols had to leave so Justin and I were treated to a delicious meal made by Logan.
It was SO nice to spend so much time with her and the kids. I can't say how much I wished they lived closer.
Monday it was just Justin, Cruz and I which felt so strange so be all alone at the lake. It was a beautiful, quiet day though! We enjoyed a sleep in, relaxing and then a nice long lake walk.

That night we drove in for dinner at Debbie's with Crystal, Troy, Emerson and Nixon!
Emerson had fun opening gifts and we all stuffed our bellies with chicken casserole! yum.
Such a great long weekend!

Related Posts

16 comments:

Carolyn said...

Looks like such a great weekend filled with family! :)

Leigh said...

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! That's awesome that you were able to spend some time with the kids :)

Ashley said...

Love all the pics!! Glad you had a great weekend!!

Katie said...

i am ready for another spring break already!!! how does it already feel like a long time ago??

Leslie said...

Looks like a fantastic weekend. And the weather was amazing! Love that the kids are outside in a t-shirt

Amber said...

Sounds like such a great weekend! Just think next year at Easter there will be another little baby in the mix ;-)

jen @nutcaseinpoint said...

You guys are going to be natural parents after being around kids so much! i might just have to hang around your little one for a bit before i can even think about making one of my own ;)

Whit said...

That's SO cool you got to be there for Iginla's final game. I would have shed a tear --- and then ate more ice cream!! YUM!!
Sounds like an awesome weekend - so awesome you got to see the kids and Logan!! Looks like they had a blast. :) xox

Joeylee said...

looks like you had a great Easter weekend. cute pictures

Caroline said...

Tell me more about this malt twist...

Susannah said...

How wonderful! Looks like you had a splendid Easter weekend. Spending time with family is so special. :-)

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Lovely long weekend! So many great memories you have at the lake.

No tears shed for Iggy? One of my coworkers was devastated the day after they announced the trade. It was kind of awkward! Sure I'm sad but it's a good opportunity for him.

Jessica said...

I always love your lake pictures!

wHiT | Black Little Button blog said...

looks like a quality break. sorry it's over. wish i could extend it for both you and i. :)
-wHiT

Jane Adensam said...

It looks like SUCH a fun weekend!

Janna Renee said...

What a fun-filled weekend! I see that you guys are having the same "Spring" that we are ;)