{Baby Black: Week 17}

/
27 Comments

Highlights: Having a doctors appointment and getting to hear this sweet babes heart beating up a storm! I am incredibly thankful this baby is healthy and growing as it should, it's still so amazing to me.

Feeling: Thankful. We had friends who had a heartbreaking day last week with their baby so I am just thankful each day to have this baby growing in my belly. So no complaints here.

Baby Black: Skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone. Can move it's joints and it's sweat glands are forming. Baby Black can curl and stretch it's trunk, move it's head up and down and side to side as well as move it's arms and legs independently. The mouth can open and shut, baby Black can yawn, swallow amniotic fluid and have the occasional hiccup!

Icky & Loving: Nothing new to report. I am back on coffee - I had decaf 3 days in a row and enjoyed it. Wings still didn't look appealing on Sunday when J had them. I could still eat fruit all day and by all day I am serious, I feel like an endless pit.

Justin update: Justin is great. He is loving this adventure just as much as me, which I knew he would. He thinks the bump is cute.

What I'm wearing: Lots of leggings. I really want the weather to warm up so I can live in dresses!

Workouts: 4 workouts - included a short run and I felt good which was nice.

What I'm looking forward to: Our next ultrasound or Whitney having her babe - whichever comes first.
I think it will be baby C. ;)

Best moment(s) of the week:
~ Going to a wedding and finally being pregnant. For 2 years as big events would come up, mainly weddings, I would look at the dates and think "I will for sure be pregnant by then" and then sure enough the event would come and I wouldn't be. So this weekend was exciting for me.
~ We bought our crib! I really love it. It's just what I envisioned and was so glad when Justin loved it too. We have a vision for the nursery now and now just need to know what color we are adding!

Related Posts

27 comments:

Joeylee said...

the weeks seem to be just flying by. you look great, I love your little baby bump

Kaylin said...

you look so great!!! I am excited to see week how your bump grows.

Jessica said...

Maxi dresses and leggings were my go-to maternity attire!!

Courtney Kassner said...

You and your bump are so cute! And yay for picking out the crib! I can't wait to start decorating the nursery!

Caroline said...

You look so cute! I love your little bump!

Ashley said...

I hear ya on the dates!! Soo sad for. Your friends! Were they far along?
Yay for Whits baby coming SOON!! When is your u/s?
Love that bump! It definitely a bump now!!

Amanda said...

Look at that cute little baby bump! You're looking great!! I think it's funny that you love fruit so much since I'm not a big fruit eater (except for bananas), so I've been forcing myself to eat more fruit just to be healthy. Is Cruz sensing that you're preggo?

Carolyn said...

OMG! You have a baby bump starting! LOVE!!! :) So glad the ultrasound went well!!!

Wifessionals said...

I want to order our crib in the next week or two! And I think your bump is a little more "bumpier" than mine this week, although I can definitely notice a change over the last few days!

Nikki said...

You look great! Starting to see a bump! So cute!

Whitney Levash said...

Awe! That's great you finally were pregnant during a wedding! Such a great feeling I bet!

YEAH for a crib! Can't wait for pictures!
-wHiT

Pamela said...

Look at that shirt! So cute!

Whit said...

Your little turnip is getting bigger!!! Eeee! Love it! Please let baby C come SOON! ;) lol.
Love these posts!! xox

Gabriella said...

Super cute baby bump! Love that you got your crib! Can't wait to see what you have planned for the nursery!!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Love your bump! I can't believe you are almost half way there!

So excited to find out what Whit is having. It's going to be one cute baby!

Can't wait to see your crib and the rest of the nursery. Try and get as much stuff done now before the 3rd trimester tiredness hits.

Yay for coffee and fruit!

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

so close to finding out the sex!

Kae Schumacher said...

Oh love the updates! always so great and exciting :)
loves to you and baby black

Limefreckle said...

you look so fabulous! I love the countdown tshirt....so cute! I was pregnant through the fall and winter, always wished I could have been pregnant in the summer and wear cute dreses...lucky you!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Such a cute bump! I swear I just look chubby! Sad to hear about your friend's - sending them my thoughts.

Katie said...

how fun that you got your crib! setting it up makes it so much more real! i know it was always scary when I'd see a friend or hear of someone go through something hard and terrible with their baby. thankful for your healthy baby!!!

Kristin said...

You look so great!! yay baby!

Ashley said...

i have not read blogs in weeks and weeks and weeks and clearly i am so far behind. CONGRATULATIONS friend!!! i literally did a gasp of happiness when i saw your cute belly!! so happy for you!

Mandy said...

You're almost halfway there!! You look amazing and glad you're feeling good these days!! Can't wait to hear what color you'll be adding to the nursery!! :)

Leigh said...

Ah love your baby bump! :)

Sarah said...

New to your blog and am obsessed with this shirt! Did you do this yourself or have it made somewhere? Are you just talking like white ink to cross the days out? LOVE IT!

Amy said...

You look so cute!! I love the countdown shirt you are wearing. Where did you find that?

larissa said...

Aww you look so cute!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!! Your blog is cute!