{Baby Black: Week 16}

/
22 Comments
{that's a avocado if you can't tell}
{I should really start taking these before work, walks and a workout! When hopefully I look a little fresher, not so scraggly}

Highlights: We bought a Moses Basket and stand on the weekend for a great price. It will be used when the babe is wee little and will spend some time sleeping in our room. We have a low bed so I think we'll just have the basket beside the bed and then it's easy to move the basket up and down floors or to the basement when I workout. We'll figure it out when the time comes! But I LOVE it.

Feeling: Thankful and pretty darn good. I think if I was sleeping well I would feel great despite some pesky headaches. My skin has decided to go bananas which isn't anything new.

Baby Black: Eyes have moved closer to the front of the head, ears are close to their final position too. Started to grow toenails and is pumping up to 25 quarts of blood each day! They say you can start feeling movement between 16-22 weeks so I am excited for that. Baby Black will be doubling in size in the next couple weeks!

Icky & Loving: Nothing new to report here. I am loving the shortbread cookies Gran sent and plan to eat them all. :)

Justin update: Justin is great. Super helpful and loves to point out the bulge or make fun of the silly things my brain comes up with to say!

What I'm wearing: Still just whatever is comfortable. I wore a pair of pants yesterday that I may have to retire until post baby, they hit my tummy at a bad spot and I was uncomfortable all day.

Workouts: 4 plus walks. I felt like I had more energy this week and wasn't full on dragging myself down the stairs to workout!

What I'm looking forward to: Barb's wedding in Banff this weekend. I love getting dressed up with Justin and I know Cruz is excited for her vacay to the lake with Grampa and Gramma!

Best moment of the week: Mom and Dad coming home. Making a baby purchase with Justin. Spending a day with Whit and chatting babies, getting advice, feeling her babe kick away and taking cheesy pics with her!
I'm SO thankful we were able to be pregnant together for a few months!

Related Posts

22 comments:

Rebekah said...

Seriously, you're the cutest! I can't wait for you to start feeling little kicks!

Mom said...

It was definitely a hilight for us to see you guys after so long. Your little belly is very cute. Too bad no one would let me sing to Baby Black!!!

aimee bee said...

You look adorable! :)

aimee bee said...

You look adorable! :)

Murdock's mama said...

That bassinet is BEAUTIFUL!! Love it! :)

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Yay for more energy!

Love the moses basket and stand. We had one very similar although we used our stroller bassinet instead of the moses basket. Loved it! So nice to have the baby right beside you and easy to rock while in bed.

My skin started going weird right around 16-17 weeks too. Drove me nuts! It backed off a couple months later and then went crazy again after A was born. So annoying but the price we may for cute babies.

I love that you and Whit are able to be pregnant together. Such a blessing.

Courtney Kassner said...

You look great! Love that Moses basket!

Bex said...

The Moses basket is cute. We had one but didnt end up using it, we just started Liam off in his crib from day 1. It worked for us.

You look fabulous! I love the BFF picture. I was also pregnant with my BFF and we had a few pictures done together. So fun! Great to have someone close going through the same thing

Joeylee said...

Love the Moses basket. You look great!!! I love that pic its super cute

Ashley said...

You look great!! That Moses basket is adorable! Yay fr baby shopping!!

Carolyn said...

I think you look adorable! Definitely not scraggly. :)

Mama B said...

So, it's been FOREVER since I've read/checked blogs, so I'm so sorry this is so late...but, CONGRATS, mama!! I'm so happy for you guys! I hope you have a very happy/healthy 5 more months! ;)

PS - Do you have Instagram?? I don't blog anymore (even though I miss it a lot!), and I'm never on Twitter anymore. I'd love to be able to keep up with you and your little bump somewhere! :)

Leigh said...

Love the moses basket even though I had no idea that's what they were called. You learn something new everyday :)

Whit said...

Awe little bulge is the size of an avocado!! Yayy! :) You worked out a lot! Nicely done.
I'm SO grateful we got to be pregnant together too!! It has been so awesome. And I love our talks no matter the topic!! So looking forward to what the future holds for these babies! xox

Jessica said...

I bet you'll feel movement any day!!!

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

Scraggly?? Seriously?? You look gorgeous!! Your hair is looking fab. I love that little moses bakset! I bet your bebe will be the perfect size for it. I'm glad you're feeling well and enjoy those cookies!

Laurie @ The Rookie Wife said...

adorable post! I LOVE the bassinet and the ruffles. We bought a rock n play for beside our bed. I remember it came in handy with Nick. We have the pack n play, a crib, a swing AND the rock n play..so plenty of places for baby to sleep LOL. I'm glad you're feeling well Momma! xoxo

Courtney B said...

You seriously look AMAZING!! And that bassinet is adorable. You will love having that in your room!

Katie said...

LOVE that shirt! that will be so cute to have thos pictures!

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

i am just so excited about watching you grow!
that moses basket is definitely adorbs.

Kae Schumacher said...

omg you are so adorable. And if that is you looking scraggly then I look bad all the time!
Love the moses basket! Glad you are having more energy :) loves

Rachel and John said...

Love the weeks shirt but it totally hides your bump! You might need a hand above and below the belly b/c I know it's there! I had killer headaches around this time too, Apparently it's due to increased blood volume. Luckily it passes! Looking great as always!