Baby Black: Week 13 & 14

/
27 Comments
How far along: 13 weeks
& 14 weeks
I was planning to make this shirt and then week after week had no motivation to do so - then found this shop on etsy and the owner Kristine is just so sweet and helpful so I just ordered from her instead!

Highlights: Being on Spring Break last week and the weather! Sleeping until 7:30am each morning (thank you to Just for sneaking out)! 
Spending extra time with Cruz & Just. 
My diaper bag arrived - I sorta love it! 
Being at the lake for Easter and being with friends and family over the break.

Feeling: About the same. I'm waiting for my energy to come back like they tell me it's supposed to! ;) I'm not sleeping great so that doesn't help. It takes me a forever to fall asleep and I am not getting right back to sleep after all my potty breaks. But I can't and won't complain at all - all worth it.

Baby Black: {Week 13}Fingerprints have formed on the tiny fingertips. Nose and lips are completely formed. Size of a medium shrimp! 
{Week 14}The fetus can now grasp, squint, frown and grimace! Baby Black is now the size of a lemon!

Icky & Loving: Still have no desire to drink coffee. Chicken wings and eggs aren't appealing either. Loving fruit of any kind, an apple with cheese, I won't say no to mini eggs! ;)

Justin update: Justin points out "the belly" when we are getting ready in the morning. And I fill him in on what's new with the babe each night when I read the book you see on the left side bar - love this book. Justin is great.

What I'm wearing: All my regular clothes still fit. Some of my jeans/work pants don't feel great sitting all day so I wear a lot of leggings. I wore a pair of maternity jeans at the lake that I bought years ago when a consignment store was going out of business and they were so comfy!

Workouts: 3 workouts and lots of walks.
 I ordered this workout program and finally got it. So far I love it! I'll review it in a few more weeks.

What I'm looking forward to: Lots! Spring. Baby Cowan coming. Mom and Dad coming home. Our next ultrasound...but enjoying day to day for sure!

Best moment of the week: Talking names with Justin!

Related Posts

27 comments:

Whitney Tomlin said...

My dogs are always akwardly staring at me in my pictures too! Haha. Welcome to the second trimester! Your energy WILL come back soon and you will feel great! I am just over 25 weeks and feeling great!

Courtney Kassner said...

I spy a little bump! You're still so tiny, but look great!! And I love the shirt idea! Can't wait to see what you think of the fitness DVD's. I need to find something like that to do.

Nikki said...

You look adorable!

Murdock's mama said...

LOVE these posts! You shirt is adorable! Eek...names! Will you guys find out the gender?

wHiT | Black Little Button blog said...

Can't wait to see the weeks ahead in that new shirt! You look lovely! :)

yeah for baby names. Even though the husband and I don't have kids, and before we were even married yet. We have two boys and two girl names picked out and decided. Crazy, I know we are.. lol
-wHiT

Carolyn said...

You look so cute! :) The shirt is adorable!!

nutcaseinpoint.com said...

omg you are totally gonna be like brooklyn decker on What to Expect. Pop out the babe and look like it never happened. (i mean that in a good way!)

baby names are the best. i always try to find names that go with the last name AND can be 'good' when the kid is popular or nerdy. haha i am so weird.

Krysta said...

Yay!!! So exciting

Rebekah said...

I seriously loved reading this!! Yay for bumps!

Kae Schumacher said...

Oh as always love these posts! love it.
baby b is going to be so loved!
loves!
xxoo

Amber said...

Baby bump!! Ahhh I love it! That shirt is precious. I am glad everything is going good for you so far. Excited to follow along with your journey

Life After the Aisle said...

eeee!! I totally missed this announcement!! you look great! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

Erin said...

You are so stinkin' cute Alison!!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

I love that shirt! I am so doing that with the next baby! What are you using to cross off each week?

Belly is getting bigger! :)

I love that you are posing by the wine rack but keep blocking it out! Probably a good move!

Let's see a picture of this diaper bag! Is this your first major baby purchase? Have you signed up for the Baby Center emails? I'm sure a lot of the information is the same as what you are reading in your books.

Are you having much success with names? That's probably the one thing I am not looking forward to with another baby-- such a big decision!

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

you are the hottest mom. cutest mom. what ever awesome word you prefer to hear! haha. and when you mentioned the special shirt in the last update, i just KNEW it was going to be this calendar shirt!!!!!! i wanted to make one too and had no motivation. then i saw it online around... week 11 or 12 but for $48. needless to say, i dont have that awesome shirt. but i am so glad you do! SO fun!!

Rachel said...

Love the cute shirt! You look amazing! The 2nd trimester Energy burst is a real thing! But I always found it can like halfway through the trimester. I also had more morning sickness than I think you have and it stayed around until 17ish weeks. So happy for you!

And Maternity jeans are SOOOOOO comfy! Wear them as often as possible!

Ashley said...

There is def. a bump!! Love it!!

Glad you had a great weekend! When is your ultrasound? What do you think Whit is gunna have?

Leigh said...

Love that shirt! Have you guys been able to decide on any names? I know that will be tough for us when the time comes...I love some names that I doubt Brian will

Laurie @ The Rookie Wife said...

What a cute shirt! I think it's funny you bought a diaper bag already, just got mine last week but I was saving for it. My husband thought I was crazy when I started buying things around 14 weeks. Now with 8 weeks to go I'm in full panic mode. As for being tired, it should pass. I felt great in the second trimester BUT this last trimester is kicking my butt and I'm SO tired all the time. I'm just glad I'm not sick like I was for the first 3 months. Enjoy pregnancy girl! It goes by way to fast!

Leslie said...

Ha ha I love that you said you "sort of" love the diaper bag.....
Your little bump is adorable :)

christina said...

awwwwww congrats! you look great!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Love that shirt!!

Whit said...

I see baby bump!!!! So awesome. :) xox

Caroline said...

You are so stinking cute!

Jessica said...

Love the shirt!!

Courtney B said...

You're a babe! My baby bloat definitely looked blobby. You look all cute and perfect with a tiny bump :)
I never did take ONE bare belly picture and I'm so regretting it now! I didn't have stretch marks or anything... I just never realized I never got a picture until it was too late. And I'm pretty sure I won't ever look as good as I did with Mia's pregnancy. :(

Janna Renee said...

That shirt is AWESOME. What a great way to keep track!