His & Hers

/
14 Comments
A couple weeks ago Whit made some cookies and sent a couple my way and they were delicious! And a pretty healthy snack too. I knew Justin wouldn't eat them so I made him a batch of "nookie cookies" he calls them and me a batch of Whit's Seedy cookies. And I thought I would share these recipes with you!

His:
Chewy Chocolate Fudge Cookies

1 1/4 cups margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chopped nuts (I never add the nuts)
2 cups chocolate chips (I sometimes use peanut butter chips, mint chips or  butterscotch chips)

Cream margarine and sugar together. Add eggs and vanilla. Ass dry ingredients. Drop by spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes. .Don't overbake!!

Hers:
Seedy Cookies

1/4 cup soft butter
1/4 cup oil
1 cup applesauce
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups multigrain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1 cup chocolate chips
2 1/2 cups seed, nut & add in mixture (sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, slivered almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, dried cherries, chopped dried apricot, rainsins)

Cream first 5 ingredients together. Mix dry ingredients, except seed/nut mixture and chocolate chips, in separate bowl. Combine wet ingredients with dry. Mix in seeds/nuts and chocolate chips. Drop onto baking sheet (flatten a little as they do not expand), bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
{FYI: This mixture is VERY sticky so your hands will be a mess!}

Enjoy!!

Related Posts

14 comments:

Laurie @ The Rookie Wife said...

those fudge cookies look amazing. and I've decided I need to make them. NOW.

Murdock's mama said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe. I might let Jordyn eat them! :) {Yes, I am that mom!} :)

Ashley said...

You are killing me today!! Haha

Katie said...

yum!! i want both kinds!

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

Ooo I'm so gonn try the seedy cookies! You know I love my chia seeds!! Baha xo

Caroline said...

I think I'll take J's!

Rachel and John said...

Yum, I want to try them both!

Jamie said...

I want the "His" cookies ;)

Jessica said...

Both of these sound delicious but I'll take J's !! ;)

Kae Schumacher said...

Oh my yummy!!!!

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

These look delicious!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

I think I need to make both cookies stat! Yum!! I can't believe J wouldn't eat those seedy cookies. He doesn't know what he is missing!

Fash Boulevard said...

oh my goodness, I want everything. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'm sharing my surprise gift from Lauren Conrad on my blog today as well as a giveaway. I'd love if you'd swing by. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Whit said...

YUM! Those Chocolate cookies look good. I may have to try those on Dust. And it's hard to beat a healthy cookie. I'm glad you like them (me too). xox